Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 57935 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2018, 01:17:31 pm »
@corbe

Let me see if I have this correct,ok? You want a President of the United States to not only take no pay,but to pay rent for living in the WH,pay for the food he and his family eats,pay the wages of the people who work in the WH,pay for his own transportation,pay the salary and other expenses of the WH Secret Service detail,and no doubt pay depreciation on all the vehicles uses as well as the mechanics salaries?

I would say you lost your mind,but you obviously don't have a mind to lose.

Tell me,did you make the same demands for the Bush Crime Family both times THEY lived in the WH? If not,why not? I know they aren't the evil billionaires ON PAPER that you seem to hate/envy so much,but even you have to admit they are all multi-millionaires. Even "I doan no nutting bout no banking" Neil Bush.

Your envy and hatred have really driven you insane to the point you sound like a Dim Class Warrior.

LOL!

I think @corbe is just in a helluva slump lately.  The slider is 'killing' him.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2018, 01:19:03 pm »
Give it a rest @corbe   He's taking no more or less than any other President.  Both the Clintons and Obama got rich in the office.  I don't think Trump is getting rich in the office.

@corbe

She is FINE with the Clintroids,Obama,and Goober Gore getting insanely wealthy from selling favors while in office. She just objects when someone that puts America first makes money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2018, 01:23:02 pm »
   I certainly don't care @Emjay I think he's probably 'Toast' already with all this crap simmering in the background, which was the point I was trying to make.   
   Cruz is proving to be a politician after all, much to my dismay, regardless, only because of him will I show up in the Voting booth and vote straight (R), convenient huh?   
   IF he wasn't on the ballot I wouldn't even show, since Abbott and Paxton have it in the bag.

@corbe

Here is a thought for you. Quit bending over in front of sissyboys,and you can eliminate the butt hurt. Then again,you ARE a Texas Republican,so you probably enjoy it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #653 on: September 15, 2018, 01:36:20 pm »
It's hard to believe anyone would want to leave the GOP just as President Trump is about unleash the storm

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1040767177593372672

NBC News @NBCNews

Next Thursday, FEMA will do its first test of a system that allows the president to send a message to most U.S. cellphones.
6:00 PM - 14 Sep 2018

Offline aligncare

« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2018, 04:04:42 pm »
@corbe @2 Chosen Daughter

Let me see if I have this correct,ok? You want a President of the United States to not only take no pay,but to pay rent for living in the WH,pay for the food he and his family eats,pay the wages of the people who work in the WH,pay for his own transportation,pay the salary and other expenses of the WH Secret Service detail,and no doubt pay depreciation on all the vehicles uses as well as the mechanics salaries?

I would say you lost your mind,but you obviously don't have a mind to lose.

Tell me,did you make the same demands for the Bush Crime Family both times THEY lived in the WH? If not,why not? I know they aren't the evil billionaires ON PAPER that you seem to hate/envy so much,but even you have to admit they are all multi-millionaires. Even "I doan no nutting bout no banking" Neil Bush.

Your envy and hatred have really driven you insane to the point you sound like a Dim Class Warrior.

BTW,you do know that Billy Graham,Pat Robertson,da Pope,and every other Christian leader is stinking rich too,right?

happy77

Offline aligncare

« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2018, 04:12:38 pm »
Donald Trump has turned out to be the perfect President for this moment in our politics. Let’s just say that he has brought out the insane in people, perfect for setting up a lesson in compare and contrast.  wink777

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #656 on: September 15, 2018, 06:10:48 pm »
And @corbe why would you relish (or seem to relish) Trump being toast?  What do you mean by that, and what do you think will happen.

If you think Trump will be impeached, you're wrong and it would be bad for the country.

If you think Republican congressional candidates will lose because of Trump, you are wrong and, again, it's nothing to wish for.

Even Lindsey Graham has become a Trump supporter now that he doesn't have McCain to pal around with.  He even said he wished McCain had been healthy enough to get to know Trump better.

Lindsey Graham is the swamp.  He told Jeff Sessions to recuse himself and then he turns on him calling for his firing.  This is one big mixed up president if he thinks Graham who is a friend of McCain is on his side.  Session is the right man for the job.  It is in his voting record.  He has a history going way back that says he will forward the platform of the president.

If the President wants to tweet about lowlifes in the Republican party Graham would be it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/28/lindsey-graham-trump-should-replace-sessions-because-relationship-beyond-repair.html

I wouldn't doubt if Graham wants the job himself and his plans are gang of 8

Immigration reformers eye Gang of 8 revival 

Several members of the group that fell short of getting immigration reform into law are ready to try again.

By SEUNG MIN KIM and BURGESS EVERETT
  | 07/05/2016 05:25 AM EDT

Lindsey Graham doesn't sugarcoat his prediction: Republicans are going to get thrashed in the November election, especially among Latinos. And it’s going to trigger another run at immigration reform in Congress next year, the South Carolina senator says.

“I’ll tell you what I’m going to do in 2017,” the plainspoken GOP deal maker said in a recent interview. “I’m going to take the Gang of Eight bill out, dust it off and ask anybody and everybody who wants to work with me to make it better to do so.”

Graham isn't the only one eyeing a revival of the Gang of Eight, the bipartisan group of senators that shepherded a sweeping immigration bill through the Senate three years ago only to watch it stall in the House a year later. Propelled by a Republican establishment eager to make inroads with minority voters after losing them by steep margins in the 2012 election, it was the closest Congress came in a generation to overhauling the nation’s immigration laws,

Several influential lawmakers see another opening for immigration reform in 2017, especially if Hillary Clinton wins and the GOP takes another hit among Latinos. Mitt Romney was hammered for his “self-deportation” rhetoric four years ago. But that pales in comparison to Donald Trump’s vow to remove 11 million immigrants here illegally and calling Mexicans who cross the border illegally “rapists” and “murderers.”

Gang of Eight leader Chuck Schumer is poised to become majority leader if Democrats take the Senate this year. And the New York senator already said immigration reform would be a top priority, most recently in an interview last week. The recent Supreme Court deadlock that left President Barack Obama’s controversial executive actions on hold demonstrated that, for now, major changes to the nation’s immigration policy will have to come from Capitol Hill.

Republicans are also under increasing pressure to act. Several GOP senators from Latino-heavy states — such as David Perdue of Georgia and Thom Tillis of North Carolina — were elected in 2014 and are eager to dig into the issue.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/immigration-reform-gang-eight-225028
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:30:34 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #657 on: September 15, 2018, 06:50:44 pm »
Donald Trump has turned out to be the perfect President for this moment in our politics. Let’s just say that he has brought out the insane in people, perfect for setting up a lesson in compare and contrast.  wink777
I couldn't agree more 888high58888

Online roamer_1

« Reply #658 on: September 15, 2018, 06:54:29 pm »
It's hard to believe anyone would want to leave the GOP just as President Trump is about unleash the storm

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1040767177593372672

Oh, swell.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

« Reply #659 on: September 15, 2018, 07:13:34 pm »

Most Conservative President ever, that he is.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #660 on: September 15, 2018, 07:17:38 pm »

The system has been in place for years.  I'm surprised that they're just now testing it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #661 on: September 15, 2018, 07:26:53 pm »
Please, please PLEASE give me mercy and tell me I can add him to the auto-reject list...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #662 on: September 15, 2018, 07:29:41 pm »
Please, please PLEASE give me mercy and tell me I can add him to the auto-reject list...

Nope, I tried when the big 0 was in office, and found that it is automatic and the notification setting can't be changed.  Now, if you find a way around it, I would be very interested in knowing that.

Online DB

« Reply #663 on: September 15, 2018, 07:30:30 pm »
Nope, I tried when the big 0 was in office, and found that it is automatic and the notification setting can't be changed.  Now, if you find a way around it, I would be very interested in knowing that.

Turn off the phone?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #664 on: September 15, 2018, 07:31:30 pm »
Turn off the phone?

And, then how would I use it? 

Edited to add:  and, it's my damn phone.  I pay for it, I pay for the service, why shouldn't I be able to turn off missives from the White House if I want to?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:32:50 pm by Sanguine »

Online DB

« Reply #665 on: September 15, 2018, 07:33:12 pm »
And, then how would I use it?

I was joking...

I've resisted being tethered to a "smart phone" for a long, long time... I just bought one a few days ago...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #666 on: September 15, 2018, 07:36:55 pm »
I was joking...

I've resisted being tethered to a "smart phone" for a long, long time... I just bought one a few days ago...

And, how's it going so far?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #667 on: September 15, 2018, 07:42:16 pm »

Shit.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2018, 07:43:45 pm »
I was joking...

@DB
Heh. Me too. My last lady-friend insisted. And now I am stuck with it.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online DB

« Reply #669 on: September 15, 2018, 08:01:17 pm »
And, how's it going so far?

I guess okay. I find it disturbing that I get unsolicited text messages asking for feedback everywhere I go... Go to the grocery store, get a text message asking about your visit... I've attempted to turn that off. I'm not sure I have yet or if I did what the additional consequences are.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #670 on: September 15, 2018, 08:03:38 pm »
I guess okay. I find it disturbing that I get unsolicited text messages asking for feedback everywhere I go... Go to the grocery store, get a text message asking about your visit... I've attempted to turn that off. I'm not sure I have yet or if I did what the additional consequences are.

Just turn off location... But you have to watch it... the sneaky bastards turn it back on again from time to time.

Online DB

« Reply #671 on: September 15, 2018, 08:09:16 pm »
Just turn off location... But you have to watch it... the sneaky bastards turn it back on again from time to time.

There's apparently more to that on an Android. Apparently it is "Wi-Fi Scanning" that needs to be turned off. That is how the stores know you're visiting and where you go in the store.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #672 on: September 15, 2018, 08:12:55 pm »
I couldn't agree more 888high58888

I gave you that one.  888high58888

Online roamer_1

« Reply #673 on: September 15, 2018, 08:17:22 pm »
There's apparently more to that on an Android. Apparently it is "Wi-Fi Scanning" that needs to be turned off. That is how the stores know you're visiting and where you go in the store.

Well, I have a droid, and it scans for wiffy service... but with location off, it no longer sends me any unsolicited junk from the stores I visit.

Funny the first time that happened to me... I was outside of a Panda Express... My GF went inside to buy... I never even entered the dang building, nor was my name on any purchase. Yet I was offered to comment and rate my Panda Express experience... Freaked me right out, that did.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #674 on: September 15, 2018, 08:26:01 pm »
I was joking...

In two weeks you won't be able to imagine leaving home without it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.