Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 57866 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #550 on: September 13, 2018, 01:58:16 pm »
Uh...the dogs love what Trump is doing now and would like to see more of this type of patriotic, citizen president sitting in the White House in the future.

It’s going to take a long time for the swamp to recover – if they ever can – from the two-term President Trump.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #551 on: September 13, 2018, 02:36:41 pm »
Uh...the dogs love what Trump is doing now and would like to see more of this type of patriotic, citizen president sitting in the White House in the future.

It’s going to take a long time for the swamp to recover – if they ever can – from the two-term President Trump.

The question is if they can.  The party is no longer Republican it is the real third party which Trump described as Workers Party.  We now have Workers Party and its a whole new political game.  And there were things with Republicans which made me hold my nose and vote.  This is worse.  Its Art of the Deal politics and its Trumps deal.  With all his New York values team.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:37:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #552 on: September 13, 2018, 02:37:11 pm »

Nothing wrong with a billionaire citizen President.   I hear Jeremy Diman may be thinking of challenging Trump.   

The problem is THIS citizen president,  and his self-centered behavior, which sucks the oxygen out of the room.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2018, 02:43:33 pm »
That is altogether too kind, @Chosen Daughter ...Knowing the row you have had to hoe, It means a whole lot. Hope things are well with you - and YES, God is good!

Yes, so far I am clear of the Cancer praise God.  I give him all the glory.  if it hadn't been for the strength that comes from God I probably would not be alive today.  Strength to reject the chemo that would have kept me sick, and possibly led to other illness and cancers.

He directs our paths.

Thank You roamer_1
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #554 on: September 13, 2018, 02:53:21 pm »
Yes, so far I am clear of the Cancer praise God.  I give him all the glory.  if it hadn't been for the strength that comes from God I probably would not be alive today.  Strength to reject the chemo that would have kept me sick, and possibly led to other illness and cancers.

He directs our paths.

Thank You roamer_1

Great to hear @Chosen Daughter!

May God continue to bless!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #555 on: September 13, 2018, 04:42:24 pm »

He directs our paths.

Thank You roamer_1

Did you find those Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C helpful at all? I think we talked about that some time ago.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #556 on: September 13, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »
He'll have no "reason to change" until the dogs are staring down at him.   

I'm not sure exactly what we're "arguing" about, @Emjay.   We both respect Trump's policy directions (you perhaps more than me,  since I disagree strongly with his attitudes toward immigration),  and we both want those policy directions to continue.    But I see a storm bearing down if Trump can't change and start acting like a President.   Trump has his base,  but hasn't extended his appeal despite the current prosperity.   Carville's maxim - it's the economy, stupid - is about to proven wrong by reason of Trump's insistence that this election be about him.    And there are millions who will buy the argument that a Dem Congress is needed to provide a necessary check to Trump's megalomania.   

It was interesting to me that half of yesterday's letters to the editor in the Wall Street Journal commenting on the anonymous Times op-ed expressed relief that such "traitors" existed in the White House,  keeping the man-child President from doing something stupid.    Perhaps the subtle message is that we don't need Dems to check the President;  the GOP is quietly but effectively curbing his worst impulses.   And of course Trump's reaction is to go ballistic,  and underscore yet again the need for there to be adults in the room. 

As for me,  I will vote as I always have without regard to Trump.   I don't have to make a decision on him until 2020.     But it is foolish, IMO,  to place one's head in the sand and proclaim Trump can't change so I'd best shut my yap for the good of the team.   Trump has changed as much as anyone in public life that I know.   You're probably right that he won't heed well-intentioned advice, from folks who aren't his enemies.    But he'll change, one way or another.

@Jazzhead   I'm sorry I argued with you because I do respect your opinions, even regarding Trump.

And apparently I cannot change your mind about expecting Trump to change so I will drop the matter.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #557 on: September 13, 2018, 07:10:23 pm »
Nothing wrong with a billionaire citizen President.   I hear Jeremy Diman may be thinking of challenging Trump.   

The problem is THIS citizen president,  and his self-centered behavior, which sucks the oxygen out of the room.     
No doubt he has a distinctive, often brash, management style.

Throughout history, leaders have often been those, with very distinctive,  leadership styles. And very effective, too.

Trump has done MORE for the conservatives' agenda, than anybody since or probably Reagan.

Considering the ineptness conservatives had displayed getting candidates elected President, it was a wise choice to go with Trump.

BEFORE the 2016 GOP primary I often remarked in frustration on this forum, about LACK of persuasion, displayed by Republicans in general.

I saw a live Trump rally, decided to go all in. Glad my instincts and judgment turned out to be on target.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #558 on: September 13, 2018, 07:38:49 pm »

Throughout history, leaders have often been those, with very distinctive,  leadership styles. And very effective, too.

Trump has done MORE for the conservatives' agenda, than anybody since or probably Reagan.

Considering the ineptness conservatives had displayed getting candidates elected President, it was a wise choice to go with Trump.

BEFORE the 2016 GOP primary I often remarked in frustration on this forum, about LACK of persuasion, displayed by Republicans in general.

I saw a live Trump rally, decided to go all in. Glad my instincts and judgment turned out to be on target.

Yep. The improbable president, Donald Trump. Turned out better than even I expected, and I liked him almost from the very beginning.

Jobs
Economy
Foreign policy
Federal regulations/bureaucracy
Fighting and exposing corrupt media
Thinning the rhino herds
Stymied Mueller’s witch hunt

It’s all good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #559 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:38 pm »
@Jazzhead   I'm sorry I argued with you because I do respect your opinions, even regarding Trump.

And apparently I cannot change your mind about expecting Trump to change so I will drop the matter.

We can certainly disagree about whether Trump has the inclination or willingness to recognize his own faults and change them.   But one thing's for sure - unless he changes to address the concerns of those critics who otherwise be pleased to support what he's done, all the good things he's accomplished will be lost.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #560 on: September 13, 2018, 07:51:27 pm »

It's all good.

Yes, but the issue is whether those good things are ephemeral,  transitory good news trumped by the President's flaws and penchant for self-destruction.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #561 on: September 13, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
We can certainly disagree about whether Trump has the inclination or willingness to recognize his own faults and change them.   But one thing's for sure - unless he changes to address the concerns of those critics who otherwise be pleased to support what he's done, all the good things he's accomplished will be lost.   

Dammit, @Jazzhead   You've made me argue with you again. 

Trump was the same guy when he was nominated.  In fact, he was even more obnoxious during the primaries.  But he got nominated.

He was the same guy when he ran against the unbeatable Hillary Clinton.  He beat her.

He's the same guy now.  Why on earth would you think he needs to change?

Online corbe

« Reply #562 on: September 14, 2018, 12:30:48 am »
    @Jazzhead in case your haven't noticed (I sure did), you've been pushed off the Train.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #563 on: September 14, 2018, 02:04:34 am »
    @Jazzhead in case your haven't noticed (I sure did), you've been pushed off the Train.

No, corbe.  Jazzhead is still on the train but he has to sit in the back for a while until he gets over two ridiculous notions.

One is that Trump will ruin everything if he doesn't 'change.'

Two is that Trump needs to change.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #564 on: September 14, 2018, 02:43:24 am »

I agree.  Why do people want to be lied to, like ALL the other politicians have done? We did not want that same-o, same-o, that got us into the mess, we are in now.  It is not about TRUMP, per se,  Many, many, MEN are jealous of him. It is about their ego's, not president TRUMPS.  lol. They want another pantywaist, limp wristed president? 
I don't.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #565 on: September 14, 2018, 02:46:40 am »
It is not about TRUMP, per se,  Many, many, MEN are jealous of him. It is about their ego's, not president TRUMPS.  lol. They want another pantywaist, limp wristed president? 
I don't.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Dazzling analysis.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #566 on: September 14, 2018, 02:48:46 am »
No, corbe.  Jazzhead is still on the train but he has to sit in the back for a while until he gets over two ridiculous notions.

One is that Trump will ruin everything if he doesn't 'change.'

Two is that Trump needs to change.

I actually agree with @Jazzhead that there are things Trump should change.  But the fact that you disagree kind of makes the point about why he won't.  Both Trump and many others see the statements/tweets as strengths, not weaknesses.  Maybe he could change if he really, really wanted to.  But he doesn't want to, because he thinks that those who criticize his style are wrong, and the results of the 2016 election prove that to him.  The only conceivable thing that might change his mind is actually losing an election.  But if that happens...any change is moot anyway.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #567 on: September 14, 2018, 02:50:34 am »
Many, many, MEN are jealous of him. It is about their ego's, not president TRUMPS. 

What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?? 

The wild assertions, the claimed insight into what all these other men "really" think, the random use of bold and capitalization.   I mean, you capitalize every word of "TRUMP", but don't capitalize "president?"

Either you've had too much to drink, or I haven't had enough.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:52:51 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #568 on: September 14, 2018, 02:52:22 am »

Sorry, I messed up your quote;

Good comments!  There is a saying, about wanting to "change yourself" for others.  In the end, the next guy won't like the change & so it goes. Be yourself, that is the only one, you have to please.  I don't understand Jazzies "need" for president TRUMP  to change, at all!  I love this president,  warts & all, that others may perceive. To me he is perfect. PERFECTLY....HUMAN!   888high58888
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:41:54 am by LegalAmerican »

Online corbe

« Reply #569 on: September 14, 2018, 03:08:34 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #570 on: September 14, 2018, 03:09:19 am »
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?? 

The wild assertions, the claimed insight into what all these other men "really" think, the random use of bold and capitalization.   I mean, you capitalize every word of "TRUMP", but don't capitalize "president?"

Either you've had too much to drink, or I haven't had enough.

Why should you care how I post?  Almost every day, I have to explain it.  I have cataracts, bad typist, new keyboard, new laptop.  I've studied human behaviors for about 35 years. I know jealousy when I see it. I've been a victim of it.
It is very "evil" thinking & the root of all evil, not the love of money. That is what leftism is about. I am a patriot. When I do caps for T..I just keep typing.  President TRUMP.  I am not in school on here am I?  I also know, people who have issue with, use of grammar, punctuation, etc. have other issues with the person.  What is it?  I made too much sense for you?  BYW, why would you accuse  someone, being a possible alcohol?  NOT NICE.  How about you, since you thought of it? See? Projection.

I had a heart attack last Oct. 2017. Surgery with stent. I am on some medication & I can assure you I am not an alcoholic, besides having been in the LDS religion for 20 years. Word of Wisdom. 

Online corbe

« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2018, 03:15:14 am »
   You throw around that 'Alcoholic' label so carelessly almost like it's a bad thing @LegalAmerican
   Shame on you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2018, 03:15:32 am »
I actually agree with @Jazzhead that there are things Trump should change.  But the fact that you disagree kind of makes the point about why he won't.  Both Trump and many others see the statements/tweets as strengths, not weaknesses.  Maybe he could change if he really, really wanted to.  But he doesn't want to, because he thinks that those who criticize his style are wrong, and the results of the 2016 election prove that to him.  The only conceivable thing that might change his mind is actually losing an election.  But if that happens...any change is moot anyway.

Aha!   There it is.  Control issues.  Wanting others to change....for YOU..but not yourselves.   I love president TRUMP, just the way he is. He is doing fine.  So, another jealous person, of Trump?  Possibly. 
You started it.   :pop41:  :seeya: :seeya: :seeya:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2018, 03:16:48 am »
BEFORE the 2016 GOP primary I often remarked in frustration on this forum, about LACK of persuasion

Oh REAALLLLLYYYYYY????????

Where's the link to these oft-remarked frustrations on THIS forum?????

Or were you confusing us with the other myriad forums you troll?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2018, 03:16:55 am »
Hey, I did say that maybe the problem was that I hadn't had enough to drink....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:22:54 am by Maj. Bill Martin »