Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 58007 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #500 on: September 12, 2018, 07:04:56 pm »
Bullshit.

@Jazzhead
Nope. Quite true. Pragmatism will get you dead. Come with me fifty miles up in the sticks this winter and you will see.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #501 on: September 12, 2018, 07:08:29 pm »
I'm supporting the president and have no intention to violate any of my principals  along the way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #502 on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:32 pm »
What tangible results do you expect to achieve by undertaking that fool's errand?

Do you agree or disagree with my prior statement that Democrats use criticism of Trump's personal style as a tool to sabotage his substantive agenda? 

If joining/encouraging the public criticism of Trump when he says something stupid actually has a tangible benefit to advancing a conservative agenda, then fine.  But if it does not, and such criticism actually strengthens Democrat efforts to stop his agenda, then many see such public criticisms as playing right into the hands of the Democrats.

I think that's the fault line where many conservatives/Republicans splinter on public criticism of Trump.

President TRUMP is not doing anything wrong! He is successful, in spite of made up criticism.  I am not against your post, just building on it.  What do the N.T.'s want?  What is "presidential"?  The same, smooth, lying, agenda of prior presidents? 
People wanted change.  WE GOT THE REAL DEAL.  Now, they want him to act like all the others who messed up our country?  It does not make sense at all. And I agree with you, those who go all uppity on Presidents style, think they are paragons of virtue themselves.  **nononono* Funniest things I read daily.  Some people think, if they criticize the president, it makes them appear "smart". NOT.  The are doing the DEEP STATE bidding, harming their own future & possibly their lives & family.  Left PROPAGANDA has gotten to them. Brainwashed into hating a great man. His accomplishments prove that out. There is nothing to hate about this man.   Some people make it a sport.  Delusional people. Wanting the same behavior from prior presidents, who reneged on promises, then want president TRUMP to act the same way.  Doing the same thing, & wanting different results!  I see the insanity of that kind of thinking.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=5833502131001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at foxnews.com</noscript>

Online roamer_1

« Reply #503 on: September 12, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
I'm supporting the president and have no intention to violate any of my principals  along the way.

With all due respect, I cannot. I will call a spade a spade. And I will not sully the truth in following a man.

Rule number one: A liar is a liar, and cannot be trusted. Ergo, I cannot trust him. Not an inch.
I will give credit where it is due, but the imperative is upon the principle of the thing, and not upon the man. There is no moral imperative at work to demand otherwise.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #504 on: September 12, 2018, 07:15:05 pm »
President TRUMP is not doing anything wrong!

I can't get past this first sentence...I mean why bother?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #505 on: September 12, 2018, 07:18:35 pm »
President TRUMP has never said anything "stupid".  Only LEFT, LYING, MEDIA, tells that to people & they jump right on board.  Most of his words, are taken out of context, distorted & twisted.  Just like the correct & truthful words about illegals in our country.
They NEVER ADD, his last line.  "and some I am sure are good people".  Everything he said, is totally true about ILLEGALS. 

Telling the blunt TRUTH,,,is now "stupid".  The man did not become a billionaire by being "stupid'. 

The people who jump on board with the LEFT, LYING MEDIA...are stupid. My opinion. (DEEP STATE programming)
"If it don't apply..let it fly. "  If you feel convicted, that is not on me. If the shoe fits.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2018, 07:20:21 pm »
What tangible results do you expect to achieve by undertaking that fool's errand?

Do you agree or disagree with my prior statement that Democrats use criticism of Trump's personal style as a tool to sabotage his substantive agenda? 

If joining/encouraging the public criticism of Trump when he says something stupid actually has a tangible benefit to advancing a conservative agenda, then fine.  But if it does not, and such criticism actually strengthens Democrat efforts to stop his agenda, then many see such public criticisms as playing right into the hands of the Democrats.

I think that's the fault line where many conservatives/Republicans splinter on public criticism of Trump.

I heartily agree.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2018, 07:21:09 pm »
The 'pragmatism of the day' is precisely what erodes the Law of God.
And likewise what erodes 'We hold these truths to be self-evident....'

The imperative belongs upon the law - The principle. All too often that imperative is swung to fit a needful 'moral circumstance', and is never returned to its rightful place.

Truer words never posted.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2018, 07:24:14 pm »

President TRUMP is not doing anything wrong!

Oh is that ever bullcrap!

What do the N.T.'s want?  What is "presidential"?  The same, smooth, lying, agenda of prior presidents?

You will find that NTers (read hard-core Conservatives) did not want the 'same, smooth, lying, agenda of prior presidents', and knew their lies long before you did. Most of those presidents did not receive my vote.

You seem to equate the opposite of 'smooth' to be also the opposite of 'lying'. Believe me, your raving carnival barker lies through his teeth all the time. More than anyone I have ever seen upon the stage. That is my foremost concern, and always has been. And that not based upon the MSM whatsoever. That, based upon what falls out of his own mouth.

People wanted change.  WE GOT THE REAL DEAL. 

Yeah... Hopey-changey all over again  *****rollingeyes*****
One would have thought the previous administration would have made us all wise to change for change's sake.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2018, 07:24:34 pm »
I heartily agree.

Yup!  I do too.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2018, 07:26:22 pm »
President TRUMP has never said anything "stupid". 

Oh Reallllllllly???????????????????????????????

"There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea".

Criminally stupid comment from Trump.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2018, 07:28:28 pm »
I heartily agree.

Me too. And I'm DONE with arguing about it.

Talk about a fruitless pursuit.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2018, 07:28:51 pm »

*blink, blink*
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *deep breath* BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

****sheep****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2018, 07:36:07 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2018, 09:22:51 pm »
NO, principles do NOT change.

prin·ci·ple
ˈprinsəpəl/
noun: principle; plural noun: principles
    a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.

FUNDAMENTAL TRUTH. That means foundational. That means bedrock. Truth that is always true, and self-evidently true. That does not move. If you think it does, @sneakypete , then it is you that needs a new guru, not me.

@roamer_1

You have clearly lived a sheltered life if you  believe that nonsense.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2018, 09:24:22 pm »
Where I come from, pragmatism gets you dead.
'pragmatism' is just an excuse for weakness.

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO! That one has my nomination for "Funniest Post of 2018".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2018, 09:27:08 pm »
YES, she is a follower. Of ONE. One who commands she follow no other, and be set apart.

@roamer_1   @Chosen Daughter

Ok,trot your Heap Big Leader out and let us have a look at him!

That means independent of all else. That REQUIRES independent thinking.

It means you are a cult member,is what it means. There is no such thing as independent thinking in ANY cult. You are all a part of the Bork,or you are not loyal and will be expelled.

Religion is what atheists do.

Well,that does make as much sense as anything else you have posted today.

@sneakypete
@Chosen Daughter

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2018, 09:34:02 pm »
With all due respect, I cannot. I will call a spade a spade. And I will not sully the truth in following a man.

Rule number one: A liar is a liar, and cannot be trusted. Ergo, I cannot trust him. Not an inch.
I will give credit where it is due, but the imperative is upon the principle of the thing, and not upon the man. There is no moral imperative at work to demand otherwise.

@roamer_1

And you really are a mountain man,living the life,and roaming free in the mountains,right? No degrees,no white collar jobs,house,bank accounts,retirement fund,IRA's,etc,etc,etc?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #518 on: September 13, 2018, 12:06:56 am »
Hate to say it but I love what I just posted to @Jazzhead even though I doubt that he loves it that much.

I just challenged him to stop begging for Trump to change and to change himself.

That just may help him realize how hard it is to change.

Explains everything.  No wonder you put all those people on ignore.  You like your own posts.  Carrry on.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #519 on: September 13, 2018, 12:12:11 am »
Of course he can change, @Maj. Bill Martin    You're the one who appears to assume he's unable to grow, unable to adjust to his responsibilities as Chief Executive and Head of State  in a way that doesn't piss off more than half the electorate and diminish our reputation on the world stage.   Yes, he comes from a business environment where he's used to getting his way through brinksmanship, bombast and abuse.    But to suggest he cannot or will not adapt is giving him far less credit than I do.    Of course he can change.  He's not an idiot.   

He can accomplish his policy objectives without coming on like a mafia don,  without taking every last criticism as license to strike back by lowering himself to the level of his critics.   The stark reality is that UNLESS he changes, his policy objectives will be gone with the political winds.   He won because he was lucky - the Dems nominated a true turkey to run against him.   He nevertheless caught lightening in a bottle by applying his tax cut and de-regulatory impulses to an economy that was beginning to crest.   He's gotten so lucky that the boom has continued notwithstanding his anti-growth policies toward immigration, and his unorthodox approach to trade.      And by all lights he deserves to be rewarded for his success,  but it is becoming more and more likely that it will all come crashing down instead - because Trump can't think strategically beyond his own self-interest.   

You're suggesting I shut up for the good of the team.   I understand the impulse, but we are still two months away from the voting and there is still time to head off disaster.   I hope and pray.   

I think it was Franklin Graham that said he was a changed man.   ****sheep****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #520 on: September 13, 2018, 12:20:54 am »
Explains everything.  No wonder you put all those people on ignore.  You like your own posts.  Carrry on.

@Chosen Daughter

No.  She was sharing an epiphany with us and hopefully that @Jazzhead would 'see' it too.   :cool:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #521 on: September 13, 2018, 12:24:18 am »
YES, she is a follower. Of ONE. One who commands she follow no other, and be set apart. That means independent of all else. That REQUIRES independent thinking.

Religion is what atheists do.

@sneakypete
@Chosen Daughter

Stay in the Word and be diligent to test everything because in many different ways religion is trying to distort the Word of God.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #522 on: September 13, 2018, 12:29:54 am »
@roamer_1

ROFLMAO! That one has my nomination for "Funniest Post of 2018".

Confessing to laughing my ass off when I read that, too.

"Pragmatism can get you killed....."  roamer_1

LOL!   I'm convinced that @roamer_1 is pulling our legs.  He's a simple contrarian who, even when covered head to toe in shit...will not say 'Uncle'.   ....a real PIA.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:30:33 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #523 on: September 13, 2018, 12:31:02 am »
@roamer_1

You have clearly lived a sheltered life if you  believe that nonsense.

No Pete. My life has been quite the opposite of sheltered. That is why I know that those principles are true - by way of having violated every one of them and paying for the consequences.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #524 on: September 13, 2018, 12:36:15 am »
Ok,trot your Heap Big Leader out and let us have a look at him!

You'll be meeting him soon enough @sneakypete , whether you believe it or not.

It means you are a cult member,is what it means. There is no such thing as independent thinking in ANY cult. You are all a part of the Bork,or you are not loyal and will be expelled.

I am affiliated with no organization... I meet with other believers as I find them - usually house churches... The only One I have to worry about 'expelling me' is the One I follow.