Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 57838 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2018, 02:08:49 am »
I don't recall anyone giving a shit the 58 other times you and others here go on about not being a Republicans and being off the reservation.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #426 on: September 12, 2018, 02:10:18 am »
Excuse me, I thought it was a kindness.

It definitely is not.

Online corbe

« Reply #427 on: September 12, 2018, 02:14:12 am »
   We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast to bring you this important announcement..........

TBR is a Conservative Board, first and foremost and the fact that we are debating the degrees of what constitutes Conservatism here is more proof that not only has Trump hijacked the GOP (his party and prerogative), BUT his loyal supporters are trying to redefine the very essence of an Ideology that will survive all of them.

We bring you back to your regularly scheduled broadcast................

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #428 on: September 12, 2018, 02:19:11 am »
I'm sorry @musiclady but you may be glad Hillary lost but you are here bragging about contributing to her almost winning.  And, if she had won, it will be purists like you who punish the rest of us by voting for some pie in the sky third party.

Ah yes..... there it is. 

It's not the fault of the majority who would have voted FOR Hillary that you will blame for her and a future Marxist-In-Chief.   Like the Leftist imbeciles, you will blame those whom refused to vote for your party's liberal;  whom had enough voting for a failed uniparty and decided to vote FOR someone and a party that better represented their actual values and principles. 

Well, ask us if we care if you suffer the consequences of stupidity telling us 'holier-than-thous' to get the hell out of your party.  We did what you told us to.  We're gone.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #429 on: September 12, 2018, 02:22:50 am »
   We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast to bring you this important announcement..........

TBR is a Conservative Board, first and foremost and the fact that we are debating the degrees of what constitutes Conservatism here is more proof that not only has Trump hijacked the GOP (his party and prerogative), BUT his loyal supporters are trying to redefine the very essence of an Ideology that will survive all of them.

Earth to @corbe   Trump has not hijacked the GOP.  But he did win the GOP nomination and then the Presidency and he has been a pleasant surprise to a lot of people who wanted someone else.

I wanted someone else but that person did not win the nomination and that person is now a firm supporter of Trump.

I get really tired of people bragging about how great they are and how they stand by their principles while they ignore the current reality.  And especially how they imply that the rest of us are selling out our morals and our souls by supporting Trump.  It stinks.

Have they even looked at what the democrats have become.  They were always bad and they've become worse.

We now have a decent President who is doing good things and the little crybabies don't like him because he is not classy enough for them.  I know he can be a bit of a jerk, but he is our jerk.

Deal with it, corbe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2018, 02:36:57 am »
I'm sorry @musiclady but you may be glad Hillary lost but you are here bragging about contributing to her almost winning.  And, if she had won, it will be purists like you who punish the rest of us by voting for some pie in the sky third party.

You remind me of this idiot guy I saw in Sears right after Clinton won.  He was wearing a t-shirt that said 'Don't Blame Me, I voted for Perot.'  I wanted to slap him.  He and his ilk were totally to blame.

I totally agree. Those who think they "helped" the country, by voting a loser Third candidate, just might as well have NOT VOTED at all. Same as throwing away your vote. It makes them "feel good", but scr3w the country.  No one is that smart or important. One votes, for the person who can best do the job. TRUMP did that & proven out. PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT. It does not get better than that.  That some, still think, "perfection" is out there are just delusional. No one is perfect, including me. I get it, I wish others did.  We did not vote in a priest, pastor, Rabbi. Heck, even priests & pope may not be good enough! 

I just don't get their thinking.  IT IS ABOUT COUNTRY, as a whole, not each persons personal preference. President TRUMP is not as bad as most presidents, we've had in office.  Kennedy's, Clintons, Obama.

Now, some want Mother Theresa?   Not one person posting on here could pass any deep scrutiny into their past, yet they want to do that to President TRUMP.  I am totally happy with what president TRUMP is doing for our country. That is what he needs to be judged on. With which to be judged.  All the people with logs in their own eyes, want to point the finger, at others. It boggles the mind.  They have bought into DEEP STATE propaganda, & can't let go.  DEEP STATE PUTTING OUT BRAINWASHING MATERIAL SINCE MAY 2015..& some bought it.  Still believe it. Dig in their heels, because of course, they are important, not the country.  Sorry my caps stick, & I want to get out my words quickly as I am a very bad typist.  I don't want to lose my train of thought.

Online corbe

« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2018, 02:39:06 am »
    I get that you are a firm supporter of President Trump @Emjay  as are Many Briefers, some articulate their values/principals better than others just as some NT'ers make some sense to you but obviously some don't.   
    I'm Ok with that, it makes TBR a thinking place and not an Echo Chamber.

* I had this long drawn out diatribe about how you never, ever let me DEAL anyway but I'll save it for tomorrow, when we meet again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2018, 02:43:20 am »
   Keep it up @LegalAmerican and I will vote for hellary in 2020, just to pizz you off cause my vote don't matter in Texas, anyway. 

PS:  Your boy's going down!   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #433 on: September 12, 2018, 02:46:38 am »
    I get that you are a firm supporter of President Trump @Emjay  as are Many Briefers, some articulate their values/principals better than others just as some NT'ers make some sense to you but obviously some don't.   
    I'm Ok with that, it makes TBR a thinking place and not an Echo Chamber.

* I had this long drawn out diatribe about how you never, ever let me DEAL anyway but I'll save it for tomorrow, when we meet again.

I still love you @corbe and dream of the day when you will come to your senses.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #434 on: September 12, 2018, 02:46:48 am »
Earth to @corbe   Trump has not hijacked the GOP.  But he did win the GOP nomination and then the Presidency and he has been a pleasant surprise to a lot of people who wanted someone else.

I wanted someone else but that person did not win the nomination and that person is now a firm supporter of Trump.

I get really tired of people bragging about how great they are and how they stand by their principles while they ignore the current reality.  And especially how they imply that the rest of us are selling out our morals and our souls by supporting Trump.  It stinks.

Have they even looked at what the democrats have become.  They were always bad and they've become worse.

We now have a decent President who is doing good things and the little crybabies don't like him because he is not classy enough for them.  I know he can be a bit of a jerk, but he is our jerk.

Deal with it, corbe.

lol. I don't think TRUMP is a jerk. I as woman, have no issue with him. He is a truth teller, blunt & not P.C.  That is how I post.   No time for P.C. America dying from being P.C.ed to actual death. It is a form of brainwashing.  Oh, I forget, I think you are a woman too?  The guys on here have half naked pictures of young women, & the woman use a male, as their  Avatar.  Those men with pictures of young, half naked women, better not "blast" Trump for being a HETERO himself.
Trump is never a jerk, but left, lying media does portray him that way.  I love his rally speeches.  BACK TO TRUTH & REALITY.  GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP!  :amen: :patriot: :patriot:

Online corbe

« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2018, 02:49:18 am »
     I would rather waste away this Fall in a Methadone clinic than date a legal American.

Offline DB

« Reply #436 on: September 12, 2018, 02:50:21 am »

lol. I don't think TRUMP is a jerk. I as woman, have no issue with him. He is a truth teller, blunt & not P.C.  That is how I post.   No time for P.C. America dying from being P.C.ed to actual death. It is a form of brainwashing.  Oh, I forget, I think you are a woman too?  The guys on here have half naked pictures of young women, & the woman use a male, as their  Avatar.  Those men with pictures of young, half naked women, better not "blast" Trump for being a HETERO himself.
Trump is never a jerk, but left, lying media does portray him that way.  I love his rally speeches.  BACK TO TRUTH & REALITY.  GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP!  :amen: :patriot: :patriot:

You found a kindred spirit in Trump and share his morals...

That's been clear for some time...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #437 on: September 12, 2018, 03:01:54 am »

You remind me of this idiot guy I saw in Sears right after Clinton won.  He was wearing a t-shirt that said 'Don't Blame Me, I voted for Perot.'  I wanted to slap him.  He and his ilk were totally to blame.

Keep circling the drain... they'll tell you it's the only way out.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #438 on: September 12, 2018, 03:05:32 am »
He may be YOUR jerk, but he most definitely is not MY jerk, anymore than I claimed Obama as MY president.

Obama was an illegal POTUS.  Trump is not.  Trump was Constitutionally elected--in fact, elected against all odds (e.g., in spite of massive cheating by Obama and HRC).  Some would even say that Trump's defeat of HRC was miraculous.  (I would qualify such a statement by saying that Trump's victory was merely a matter of an impressive Providence--but even that perspective gives credit to the God Who works in mysterious ways.) 

Anyway, the fact that Obama was an illegal POTUS, whereas Trump is not, is an important distinction.  I would suggest that we cannot disavow any of our more basic responsibilities of social allegiance to the President under the Constitution just because we are inclined to regard the man who occupies the Office as something of a scoundrel.  (For the sake of our discussion, I will cheerfully adopt your position that he is a scoundrel.  [I just happen to prefer the word "jerk."]

At the bottom line, loyalty to the Constitution is the lynchpin of the entire matter.   Our loyalty to the Constitution is why we can and should criticize Trump when he oversteps his executive authority, but it is also why we ought to support him when Constitution-haters seek to frame him in order to depose him or even see him murdered.  The Dems (and probably several RINOs) want to impeach him even though they can find no evidence whatsoever of high crimes or misdemeanors.  Why are they raping the Constitution in this way?  It is because  they believe Trump is liable to hang them for THEIR sedition and treason if he survives in office for much longer.

Let's wait and see if I am right.  If I am right, Trump will address practically all of the governmental corruption that you have decried in practically every thread on which you have angrily posted.

In the next place, you took issue with my declaration that some of our best Presidents have been reprobates.  You said:

We will have to disagree on that one.

Now, I'm afraid I have you in a box, my friend INVAR.  Thomas Jefferson was inarguably one of our best Presidents--and he was inarguably a reprobate.  'Nuff said, I think. 

"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit." - Matthew 7:18

We have to parse the meaning of good.  In the real world, there are different kinds of good.  There are political trees that bear good political fruit even if some of the personifications of such trees are reprobates.  That is how a secular society works even when it was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.  Jefferson was honorable (good) in that he was supremely patriotic.  (Quite a few of our Founders loathed Jefferson, but Jefferson's unflagging patriotism won out in the end.  He was committed to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Therein consisted his honor.)  I submit that our currently crass, tactically shifty President has a role for which he may very will be honored as a supreme patriot, if nothing else, a determined man who was utterly sincere when he swore to uphold the Constitution.  Under the circumstances of the mess that we are in as a secular society, Trump may be the best political tree we have had growing in the White House for quite some time--for the simple reason that he is patriotic enough, egotistical enough, (and Scottish enough) to attack America's Deep State enemies with the intention of utterly destroying them.

Remember:  Trump was recruited in 2015 by America's military--who were sworn to defend America against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  Trump happens to be a bull in a china shop.  (He breaks things and blows things up, as Rush would say about the military.)  Furthermore, Trump is not always conspicuously honest, not always wise, but he is on our side.  He loves America.  And I believe that he is in the War against the Deep State to win it for our beloved America--for our lives, our liberties, and our individualistic pursuits of happiness.  (Whether Trump is a Christian or not--and he certainly wasn't when he inadvertently [stupidly] defamed Christianity at Liberty University--is beside the point.  I think I have seen some changes in Trump since God has started putting him through a humiliating wringer of ugly revelations, with political hyenas and harpies attacking him for his inarguably filthy past;  still, the question of his spiritual perfection [LOL] is beside the point.  He is a PRESBYTERIAN, even if not a CHRISTIAN.  Right now, a sturdy, angry Presbyterian may be just what we need.  [All but one of the colonels in the Colonial Army were Presbyterian elders.) 

Finally on the theological point that you yourself raised, let me point out that the Lord also said "A tree is known by its fruits."  You did not cite that verse, but it is important.  Christ is giving us a truism:  a tree is always pronounced to be good if its fruit is good.  A good fruit tree is a good tree by definition.  We need to keep that in mind while we are wondering about the equally important logic of cause and effect.  The good tree produces good fruit as a matter of cause-and-effect.  But we infer the goodness of the tree by its fruit--i.e., we reason BACKWARDS to determine whether the tree is good.

But now let's parse the idea of "good fruit."  In Trump's case, we may not see the "fruit of the Spirit [of genuine Christianity]," but we do not always need that in the greatest of measures in our Presidents.  What we should look for in President Trump is the long-lasting political fruit of restored values for our Body Politic of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  In all of his stumbling around, perhaps even while he is being sorely tempted to strain against Constitutional limits (such as those that Lincoln actually trampled underfoot in several ways), I believe his military and legal advisers will help him to destroy the Progressives, to destroy the real enemies of America, and to restore our social, economic, and religious freedoms.

Wait and see how many people Trump arrests and prosecutes in this War.  That, by definition, will be the good political fruit of a good political tree growing slowly but surely in the White House.         

Finally, your remark:
"It was out of fear of the Communists that we supported Hitler" - Opa Neumüller"

That's inane.  Trump is no Hitler.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:14:32 am by the_doc »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #439 on: September 12, 2018, 03:05:34 am »

Principles are truth.
Truth IS reality.
End_of_story.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2018, 03:17:52 am »

:thumbsup:

I think Donald Trump’s got a great personality. Even his manner of speaking is cool – very effective communicator. Honest and frank talk. Not like your weasely, feckless politician who typically talks out of both sides of his mouth and yet says nothing that would give away what he’s really thinking. Not so with Trump. You know exactly where he stands. What you see is what you get.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:20:19 am by aligncare »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2018, 03:38:05 am »
:thumbsup:

I think Donald Trump’s got a great personality. Even his manner of speaking is cool – very effective communicator. Honest and frank talk. Not like your weasely, feckless politician who typically talks out of both sides of his mouth and yet says nothing that would give away what he’s really thinking. Not so with Trump. You know exactly where he stands. What you see is what you get.

Yes!  You understand.  :0001: People want those, lying, smooth talkers, they have gotten used to.  They have it backwards.
No wonder our country & constitution are in so much trouble.  They want the "same type" of smooth talkers that made a mess of America.  Now isn't that the definition of crazy?  Doing the same things, but wanting different results? 

I have so much respect, for this imperfect, normal, human being, who is working 100 hour weeks for NO PAY..making our country safe & prosperes again.  The people need to kiss the ground, he walks on. All the PETTY JUDGEMENTS....just like deep state wants them to do.  They are controlled by DEEP STATE & don't even see it.

Online corbe

« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2018, 03:46:24 am »
The people need to kiss the ground, he walks on. ~ @LegalAmerican

(Can't hear this song without thinking of @Freya )

Lake Street Dive - Good Kisser [Live Performance]

! No longer available

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2018, 03:47:33 am »

Thank you, sir.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2018, 03:51:18 am »
@Chosen Daughter   I would be completely fine with you and your compatriot taking your toys and going home. Go on and take that Noble Step. 

The only problem is that y'all will take more sensible people with you.  People who do not expect perfection but who are willing to support and live with the best possible choice.

I'm a self thinker.  Believe me I swam up hill in a church full of Trump supporters and survived.  Nobody takes me with them and I am not taking any with me.  Most people are able to think for themselves.  But I know you will need someone to blame when Trump is derailed.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2018, 04:06:47 am »
Obama was an illegal POTUS.  Trump is not.  Trump was Constitutionally elected--in fact, elected against all odds (e.g., in spite of massive cheating by Obama and HRC).  Some would even say that Trump's defeat of HRC was miraculous.  (I would qualify such a statement by saying that Trump's victory was merely a matter of an impressive Providence--but even that perspective gives credit to the God Who works in mysterious ways.) 

Anyway, the fact that Obama was an illegal POTUS, whereas Trump is not, is an important distinction.  I would suggest that we cannot disavow any of our more basic responsibilities of social allegiance to the President under the Constitution just because we are inclined to regard the man who occupies the Office as something of a scoundrel.  (For the sake of our discussion, I will cheerfully adopt your position that he is a scoundrel.  [I just happen to prefer the word "jerk."]

At the bottom line, loyalty to the Constitution is the lynchpin of the entire matter.   Our loyalty to the Constitution is why we can and should criticize Trump when he oversteps his executive authority, but it is also why we ought to support him when Constitution-haters seek to frame him in order to depose him or even see him murdered.  The Dems (and probably several RINOs) want to impeach him even though they can find no evidence whatsoever of high crimes or misdemeanors.  Why are they raping the Constitution in this way?  It is because  they believe Trump is liable to hang them for THEIR sedition and treason if he survives in office for much longer.

Let's wait and see if I am right.  If I am right, Trump will address practically all of the governmental corruption that you have decried in practically every thread on which you have angrily posted.

In the next place, you took issue with my declaration that some of our best Presidents have been reprobates.  You said:

Now, I'm afraid I have you in a box, my friend INVAR.  Thomas Jefferson was inarguably one of our best Presidents--and he was inarguably a reprobate.  'Nuff said, I think. 

We have to parse the meaning of good.  In the real world, there are different kinds of good.  There are political trees that bear good political fruit even if some of the personifications of such trees are reprobates.  That is how a secular society works even when it was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.  Jefferson was honorable (good) in that he was supremely patriotic.  (Quite a few of our Founders loathed Jefferson, but Jefferson's unflagging patriotism won out in the end.  He was committed to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Therein consisted his honor.)  I submit that our currently crass, tactically shifty President has a role for which he may very will be honored as a supreme patriot, if nothing else, a determined man who was utterly sincere when he swore to uphold the Constitution.  Under the circumstances of the mess that we are in as a secular society, Trump may be the best political tree we have had growing in the White House for quite some time--for the simple reason that he is patriotic enough, egotistical enough, (and Scottish enough) to attack America's Deep State enemies with the intention of utterly destroying them.

Remember:  Trump was recruited in 2015 by America's military--who were sworn to defend America against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  Trump happens to be a bull in a china shop.  (He breaks things and blows things up, as Rush would say about the military.)  Furthermore, Trump is not always conspicuously honest, not always wise, but he is on our side.  He loves America.  And I believe that he is in the War against the Deep State to win it for our beloved America--for our lives, our liberties, and our individualistic pursuits of happiness.  (Whether Trump is a Christian or not--and he certainly wasn't when he inadvertently [stupidly] defamed Christianity at Liberty University--is beside the point.  I think I have seen some changes in Trump since God has started putting him through a humiliating wringer of ugly revelations, with political hyenas and harpies attacking him for his inarguably filthy past;  still, the question of his spiritual perfection [LOL] is beside the point.  He is a PRESBYTERIAN, even if not a CHRISTIAN.  Right now, a sturdy, angry Presbyterian may be just what we need.  [All but one of the colonels in the Colonial Army were Presbyterian elders.) 

Finally on the theological point that you yourself raised, let me point out that the Lord also said "A tree is known by its fruits."  You did not cite that verse, but it is important.  Christ is giving us a truism:  a tree is always pronounced to be good if its fruit is good.  A good fruit tree is a good tree by definition.  We need to keep that in mind while we are wondering about the equally important logic of cause and effect.  The good tree produces good fruit as a matter of cause-and-effect.  But we infer the goodness of the tree by its fruit--i.e., we reason BACKWARDS to determine whether the tree is good.

But now let's parse the idea of "good fruit."  In Trump's case, we may not see the "fruit of the Spirit [of genuine Christianity]," but we do not always need that in the greatest of measures in our Presidents.  What we should look for in President Trump is the long-lasting political fruit of restored values for our Body Politic of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  In all of his stumbling around, perhaps even while he is being sorely tempted to strain against Constitutional limits (such as those that Lincoln actually trampled underfoot in several ways), I believe his military and legal advisers will help him to destroy the Progressives, to destroy the real enemies of America, and to restore our social, economic, and religious freedoms.

Wait and see how many people Trump arrests and prosecutes in this War.  That, by definition, will be the good political fruit of a good political tree growing slowly but surely in the White House.         

Finally, your remark:

Whoa, @the_doc ,

Nothing miraculous about it.  It was people who believed, and still do all of the rhetoric.  Trump was right he was creating a workers party.  They didn't care if it was going to take a 75% tax reduction for wealthy companies to stay here.  They only knew they wanted jobs and they didn't want the illegal immigrants taking them.  And then top the ice cream with "lock her up"  Whalah, Art of the deal.

He came in just at the right time when people were fed up with politicians.  He claimed he wasn't, but he is.  He was very versed in politics.  And he had the contributions to prove it.  Then you make some promises to the church......... 

I don't buy any miraculous blah, blah prophesy, blah blah.  If God chose Trump did he choose Obama too?  No, God allows us to make choices.  Trump threw some chum out there to attract and people took the bait.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:07:53 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2018, 04:18:06 am »
Anyway, the fact that Obama was an illegal POTUS, whereas Trump is not, is an important distinction. 

Irrelevant whether or not he was 'legal".  All the branches of government that were charged with upholding the rule of law refused to do anything about it. 

Precedent set.  Permanently.

I would suggest that we cannot disavow any of our more basic responsibilities of social allegiance to the President under the Constitution just because we are inclined to regard the man who occupies the Office as something of a scoundrel.

I have ZERO responsibility to any allegiance to a President or any person in office.  My allegiance is to God first and foremost - family and the Constitution - in that order.

My ONLY responsibility is to pray for our leaders for the sole purpose of being able to live peaceably in my faith to be able to do my Father's business.  I have no allegiance whatsoever to a man in office, or any man of any kind for that reason.

Our loyalty to the Constitution is why we can and should criticize Trump when he oversteps his executive authority, but it is also why we ought to support him when Constitution-haters seek to frame him in order to depose him or even see him murdered. 

First of all, Trump and his supporters made it crystal clear that not only did they not need nor want Conservative support - but that they would be able to do everything without us.  Why somebody they all said could do miracles by the power of his breath and thumbs would need help from Irrelevants like us - still baffles.

Secondly - Trump only deserves support when he is upholding the Constitution and promoting the things necessary for liberty to endure.  Enacting tariffs by executive order and having them enforced outside of Congressional review and approval IS unConstitutional.  But - we are in a post-Constitutional democracy, so the precedent of ignoring the Constitution for Executive expedience has already been set as policy by both political parties and the Judiciary.  That in no wise means I therefore must suspend my own principles to cheerlead a defacto-monarch in office.

The Dems (and probably several RINOs) want to impeach him even though they can find no evidence whatsoever of high crimes or misdemeanors.  Why are they raping the Constitution in this way?

We watched them rape it every single day for 8 years with kabuki theater placating the outraged and the full funding and support of the Republican party.  That they want to have a political lynching because the Ruling Class thinks they are the ones who choose our rulers is part and parcel of the Frankenstein monster they themselves have created.

It is because  they believe Trump is liable to hang them for THEIR sedition and treason if he survives in office for much longer.

Doubtful.  I think they want to see if they can get away with it, with destroying anyone who threatens their solitary rule.  I still hold Trump was a Stalking Horse for Hillary who decided NOT to fall down and stay down on the mat in the 9th round.  I think everything we have seen is the result of the Mob trying to find a way to fix the rat who was supposed to take a fall and refused because his ego was bigger than even they understood.  That's what I think is the reason why they are so intent on crucifying him.  They thought their fix was in.  Trump was their failsafe  and he decided not to go down.

We indeed shall see, but I for one have absolutely zero belief that anything beyond words and bitching are going to come of any of it outside of a few fall guys who will be bidden to fall on swords to keep the nobles safe.

Thomas Jefferson was inarguably one of our best Presidents--and he was inarguably a reprobate. 

Not by today's standards - and certainly not by Trump's.

We have to parse the meaning of good.  In the real world, there are different kinds of good.

No we don't.  I was quoting Scripture.  I don't care what different degrees of 'good' the world wants to say there are.  I only care what God says about it. 

I submit that our currently crass, tactically shifty President has a role for which he may very will be honored as a supreme patriot, if nothing else, a determined man who was utterly sincere when he swore to uphold the Constitution. 

Already proven a broken oath, despite the fact no one in his party or Congress will require him to abide by it. 

Under the circumstances of the mess that we are in as a secular society, Trump may be the best political tree we have had growing in the White House for quite some time--for the simple reason that he is patriotic enough, egotistical enough, (and Scottish enough) to attack America's Deep State enemies with the intention of utterly destroying them.

I think he only attacks them for disloyalty and for daring to attack him.  He is a petulant thin-skinned bully in that regard.  I do not think his intent is to destroy them due to their defiance of the Constitution and the rule of law, but rather because they attacked him.

All they need to do is say nice things about him - and all the attention he draws to their corruption would go away tomorrow.

Remember:  Trump was recruited in 2015 by America's military-

That's a new one on me.  Dubious - but a new claim nonetheless.

Trump is not always conspicuously honest, not always wise, but he is on our side.  He loves America. 

I continue to marvel at the level of trust people place in someone who is a provable, self-serving congenital liar.  I think people, like the mobs did for Obama - place all their hopes and beliefs about what they desperately want to believe Trump is and what he will do onto a make-believe mantle they think Trump wears.  He may "love America" - but his "love" may be as self-serving as your typical Union Boss.

But now let's parse the idea of "good fruit." 

No, let's not.  The fruits of the spirit are plainly listed in Galatians 5.  Trump has no fruits to show for any of those qualities in his public persona.

What we should look for in President Trump is the long-lasting political fruit...

Political fruit is the most fragile and temporary there is on planet earth.  There is no such thing.  Only first principles founded in fundamentals are long-lasting, politics based on those principles may endure for a time so long as people are willing to uphold principles - and as we see daily - those first principles are eschewed, discarded and held in contempt by Republicans as well as your Leftists.

Finally, your remark: "It was out of fear of the Communists that we supported Hitler" - Opa Neumüller"

You missed the entire point of the quotation.  Basing support of a politician out of fear of the Left is a demonstrable stupidity.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2018, 04:21:17 am »
The people need to kiss the ground, he walks on.

Only slaves of despots and wannabe tyrants of tyrannical regimes even allow such a thought to cross their minds.   

Thanks for demonstrating yours.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2018, 04:44:38 am »
The people need to kiss the ground, he walks on.

I'd rather be this guy.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:49:06 pm by Mod5 »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2018, 04:47:32 am »
I'm a self thinker.  Believe me I swam up hill in a church full of Trump supporters and survived.  Nobody takes me with them and I am not taking any with me.  Most people are able to think for themselves.  But I know you will need someone to blame when Trump is derailed.

Please @Chosen Daughter   Do not flatter yourself.  I promise you I will not blame you if Trump is derailed.