Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 57769 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2018, 07:03:31 pm »
We need more GOP senators and we need, we must, hold the House in these midterms.

@jpsb
I was out mowing the yard, and this little bit came back to haunt me.

WHY? What difference does it make? If Conservative purity is no longer a test, what sort of craps-shoot would resolve the problem. There are already 4 (ok, 3 now) turncoat liberal Republicans in the senate... Most of the rest are wishy-washy  middle that cant agree on a vote without permission...  What possibly would do anything but exacerbate an already ridiculous problem?

This is the quintessential problem with throwing away the standard. All that's left is team sports, where a win is anything you want it to be.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 07:04:12 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2018, 07:14:36 pm »
LOL!   That's unadulterated bullshit.

hahaha  @roamer_1 keeps asking me to prove stuff.  I want to see him prove that statement is NOT 'unadulterated bullshit.'

I think it is @DCPatriot

Boy the NTers got all rested up but they seem to have a second wind now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2018, 07:18:21 pm »
Everyone is worried about re-election, no one is worried about America...
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2018, 07:19:42 pm »
hahaha  @roamer_1 keeps asking me to prove stuff.  I want to see him prove that statement is NOT 'unadulterated bullshit.'

I already did.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2018, 07:20:35 pm »
Everyone is worried about re-election, no one is worried about America...

Maybe I will ... if you ever become Hot Potato.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2018, 07:48:15 pm »
@sneakypete
Nope. I give him credit when it's due.

@roamer_1

If so,I haven't noticed it,but I don't notice everything,so I apologize if I am wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2018, 07:55:13 pm »
Its hard to deny that, while its not ALL good, there is plenty of good stuff happening now that was considered highly unlikely two years ago. We shouldn't let our personal dislike for the current president prevent our enjoying it.

@skeeter

Agreed. Personally,I don't like the SOB. Wouldn't invite  him to a BBQ if he brought the pork.

Then again,I don't HAVE to like him to like the things he is doing.  Or to admire him for doing it to stroke his ego. Frankly I don't give a damn what he wants to stroke or what the reasoning is behind what he is doing to approve of what he is doing. In FACT,he would have done a hell of a lot more if it weren't for the RINO's and their Dim brothers sticking knives in his back at every opportunity. They are terrified that there is now a non-politician in the WH that isn't controlled by either branch of the Ruling Party,but only by his own ego and how his presidency will be seen by historians. They have no hold on him to get him to compromise to keep them from looking like the thieves,scoundrels,and traitors they really are,and they just don't know how to deal with anyone they can't control.

The really,REALLY funny part is they are in no position to try to stab him in the back with rumors he paid bribes to get building permits,etc,etc,etc,because it was THEM he had to bribe. I am LOVING the HELL out of that! Hung by their own petards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2018, 07:56:57 pm »
Business confidence and building activity is through the roof! The downtowns of mid to large cities across America, even Detroit, are dotted with construction cranes not seen in decades, companies are hiring and the job market is struggling to find enough workers to fill the demand. Energy production is soaring and America is set to lead the world as largest supplier in many sectors.

But, none of this matters because of Trump’s personality – it’s just not pleasingly presidential enough for some of our political purists. wink777

@aligncare

He just flat refuses to kiss any rings,and they find that wholly unacceptable.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2018, 08:02:17 pm »
@aligncare

He just flat refuses to kiss any rings,and they find that wholly unacceptable.

@sneakypete

Quite the other way around - WE flatly refuse to kiss the ring, and I think that is the problem y'all have with us. I stand on the very same principles I have always stood upon. Nothing has changed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2018, 08:03:44 pm »
@roamer_1

If so,I haven't noticed it,but I don't notice everything,so I apologize if I am wrong.

@sneakypete
I gave three examples off the top of my head upthread - At least I think it was this thread.  :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2018, 08:06:27 pm »
@sneakypete

Quite the other way around - WE flatly refuse to kiss the ring, and I think that is the problem y'all have with us. I stand on the very same principles I have always stood upon. Nothing has changed.

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2018, 08:08:28 pm »
Just proof that they really do just want an echo chamber - and if given the chance, would cheer Trump imposing an Internet Fairness Doctrine so that anything negative about their political messiah and king can be purged and punished by government's hand.

@INVAR

Seems to me like a few of you would be much more comfortable posting at DU or Huffington Post. After all,that's where your "peeps" are that  you have the most in common with.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2018, 08:11:30 pm »
Seems to me like a few of you would be much more comfortable posting at DU or Huffington Post. After all,that's where your "peeps" are that  you have the most in common with.

You seem to have us confused with the 'ends-justify-the-means' crowd.  As for DU, we aren't the ones here rejecting TRUTH.  But hey, if you are unable to deal with 'truth' when it slaps you in the face, by all means come up with asinine character references about DU and HuffPo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2018, 08:14:29 pm »
@INVAR

That's ridiculously lame for you.

Echo chambers and fairness doctrines are what the Left pushes for - and we have learned it is what Trump fanatics also push for.

Methinks the comfort zone you suggest is projection, because the Trump fanatics teach us daily that they have less in common with Conservatives and more in common with Collectivists/Statists as long as the long arm of big government is Trump's.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:15:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2018, 08:15:32 pm »
@skeeter

Agreed. Personally,I don't like the SOB. Wouldn't invite  him to a BBQ if he brought the pork.

Then again,I don't HAVE to like him to like the things he is doing.  Or to admire him for doing it to stroke his ego. Frankly I don't give a damn what he wants to stroke or what the reasoning is behind what he is doing to approve of what he is doing. In FACT,he would have done a hell of a lot more if it weren't for the RINO's and their Dim brothers sticking knives in his back at every opportunity. They are terrified that there is now a non-politician in the WH that isn't controlled by either branch of the Ruling Party,but only by his own ego and how his presidency will be seen by historians. They have no hold on him to get him to compromise to keep them from looking like the thieves,scoundrels,and traitors they really are,and they just don't know how to deal with anyone they can't control.

The really,REALLY funny part is they are in no position to try to stab him in the back with rumors he paid bribes to get building permits,etc,etc,etc,because it was THEM he had to bribe. I am LOVING the HELL out of that! Hung by their own petards.

People who know him personally say he's a nice guy. I have no idea whether thats true nor do I care.

All I do know is there are a few things happening now I have wanted to see happen for decades. Even where Trump's been unsuccessful the very fact he's talking about issues that were formerly unmentionable helps move the chain down the field. The cowards that ran the party before Trump wouldn't even pay these issue lip service.

He ain't my 'Orange God' but I am capable of recognizing that he has been the motive force behind the progress currently being made.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2018, 08:23:04 pm »
People who know him personally say he's a nice guy. I have no idea whether thats true nor do I care.

All I do know is there are a few things happening now I have wanted to see happen for decades. Even where Trump's been unsuccessful the very fact he's talking about issues that were formerly unmentionable helps move the chain down the field. The cowards that ran the party before Trump wouldn't even pay these issue lip service.

He ain't my 'Orange God' but I am capable of recognizing that he has been the motive force behind the progress currently being made.

@skeeter

You and I are in EXACTLY the same boat across the board.  There is no doubt about a thing you said there.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2018, 08:44:33 pm »

A friend of mine had a personal account with Trump during the campaign which indicates that he is both kind and generous.  I can testify that Trump makes financial impact in people's lives without a single press account being published.  Without going into details, I will gladly vouch for Trump on this one.

Ditto.  Just wish he would address my key issue - the federal budget.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline the_doc

« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2018, 08:59:22 pm »

I agree with you.  He certainly ain't my "Orange God" either.  I will even go so far as to say I am still appalled that the GOP nominated him. 

I am especially disgusted that a lot of evangelicals winked at his despicable confession of Christ at Liberty University.  (I will "wink" at sins--even pretty bad sins--but over-the-top hypocrisy of the sort that is ultimately contemptuous of the blood of Christ needs to be called out [at least] for what it is:  serious blasphemy of the sort that even a reprobate like Thomas Jefferson would have condemned.)

Now that Trump is our POTUS, however, I am reminded that my God is in the Heavens and He does whatsoever He pleases.  That is one reason for my conscientious refusal to vote in 2016;  it is also why I do not assume that Trump's election is the beginning of the end of our Republic.  (Heck, having Hillary as POTUS would have brought about the dreadful, irreversible end that we deserved.)  I certainly do not pray, as some bitter NeverTrumpers seem to be praying, that we get what we deserve. I pray for our POTUS as I pray for America.  And I believe I am seeing my prayers being answered. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2018, 09:05:15 pm »
I agree with you.  He certainly ain't my "Orange God" either.  I will even go so far as to say I am still appalled that the GOP nominated him. 

I am especially disgusted that a lot of evangelicals winked at his despicable confession of Christ at Liberty University.  (I will "wink" at sins--even pretty bad sins--but over-the-top hypocrisy of the sort that is ultimately contemptuous of the blood of Christ needs to be called out [at least] for what it is:  serious blasphemy of the sort that even a reprobate like Thomas Jefferson would have condemned.)

Now that Trump is our POTUS, however, I am reminded that my God is in the Heavens and He does whatsoever He pleases.  That is one reason for my conscientious refusal to vote in 2016;  it is also why I do not assume that Trump's election is the beginning of the end of our Republic.  (Heck, having Hillary as POTUS would have brought about the dreadful, irreversible end that we deserved.)  I certainly do not pray, as some bitter NeverTrumpers seem to be praying, that we get what we deserve. I pray for our POTUS as I pray for America.  And I believe I am seeing my prayers being answered.

He surprised/is surprising me as well. You just never know.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »
I certainly do not pray, as some bitter NeverTrumpers seem to be praying, that we get what we deserve. I pray for our POTUS as I pray for America.  And I believe I am seeing my prayers being answered.

No one is praying that we get what we deserve. That, @the_doc , is beneath you.  *****rollingeyes*****

Some of us know that Yahovah does not save nations out of their debauchery and depravity.
REPENTANCE as a nation must come first.

2 Chron 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (KJV)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2018, 09:33:52 pm »
Disappointing for Sasse to tweet this after the great speech at the Kavanaugh hearing. Would he actually consider joining the party of abortion and open borders?

There shouldn't be only two choices.

Many people have left the Republican party because they are far more conservative than the party and there is no place for us there.

The alternative is not becoming a pro-abortion Democrat.   That's actually quite a silly suggestion for a conservative like Sasse.

@austingirl
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2018, 09:36:02 pm »

Will you please name the person/persons you are accusing of this?

Because without a citation and proof, it is a really ugly and certainly un-Christian accusation.

@the_doc
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:36:44 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2018, 09:49:59 pm »
Emjay says here stuff, is because Bush 41 was out groping women, so don't think her malicious words towards Trump, Lincoln (as if her husband said he was a bad president, maybe, maybe so), is to protect Bush 41 and the precious Bushes, they are from Texas so likewise, she slandered Trump earlier when Cruz ran a dirty campaign. She should not speak of division.

Trump has real accomplishments, like aiding Christians in the Middle East, go sit on it, for all of the gossip and slander by others.  Go join the pro-choicers who say they support Trump.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:59:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2018, 09:53:55 pm »
Emjay says here stuff, is because Bush 41 was out groping women, so don't think her malicious words towards Trump, Lincoln (as if her husband said he was a bad president, maybe, maybe so), is to protect Bush 41 and the precious Bushes, they are from Texas so likewise, she slandered Trump earlier when Cruz ran a dirty campaign. She should not speak of division.

Trump has real accomplishments, like aiding Christians in the Middle East, go sit on it, for all of the gossip and slander by others.  Go join the pro-choicers who say they support Trump.

The Bushes are not from Texas!  GWHB was from Massachusetts and W was born in Connecticut.  They did move here, and W was the Governor, but they are from the NE.

Offline bilo

« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2018, 10:03:43 pm »

:amen:

I supported likeable Presidents, as I'm sure most here did, and the left continued to advance their agenda but just at a slower pace. Trump may act like a jerk at times but he's trying to do exactly what he said he would on the campaign trail.

I figure if the guy I really wanted, Cruz, can put aside his animus I sure can. I don't see anything positive with the constant battle between Trump supporters and Never Trumpers. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I sure will in 2020.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home