Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 58003 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #250 on: September 10, 2018, 12:35:21 pm »
@roamer_1

YOU must think they are peachy-keen,because you do absolutely nothing to try to keep them out of power.

Holding your breath and stamping your little feets until you turn blue doesn't count.

:thumbsup:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #251 on: September 10, 2018, 12:38:53 pm »
@jpsb

Didn't he later admit it that trusting the Dims to keep their promises and going along with the amnesty for illegals was the worse mistake he ever made?

All true, but he should have known better than to trust the rats. They always break their word. Always.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2018, 01:05:03 pm »
@roamer_1

YOU must think they are peachy-keen,because you do absolutely nothing to try to keep them out of power.

Holding your breath and stamping your little feets until you turn blue doesn't count.

@sneakypete

Bullshit, Pete, pure and simple. You get what you vote *FOR*. Your vote is an endorsement. There is no such thing as a negative vote.

And from now on, I will vote for nothing but Conservatism. I am flat done playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. So if you want my vote, throw a Conservative up there ( a REAL one... Not Boosh, McCain't, Romney, or Tumpy the Clown)... Otherwise GOP can KMA.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:06:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #253 on: September 10, 2018, 01:06:00 pm »
All true, but he should have known better than to trust the rats. They always break their word. Always.

@jpsb

To be fair to Reagan,he had been a life-long Dim himself,and he knew the power people personally, and thought he could trust them.

Don't forget,back then the Dim Party hadn't become completely overtaken by communists.

He seems to have learned his lesson about half-way through his first term,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2018, 01:34:09 pm »
@sneakypete

Bullshit, Pete, pure and simple. You get what you vote *FOR*. Your vote is an endorsement. There is no such thing as a negative vote.

And from now on, I will vote for nothing but Conservatism. I am flat done playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. So if you want my vote, throw a Conservative up there ( a REAL one... Not Boosh, McCain't, Romney, or Tumpy the Clown)... Otherwise GOP can KMA.

@roamer_1

I hate to be the one to break this to you,but you also get what you DON'T vote for. In this case you got Trump,so quit whining about him since you did NOTHING to keep him out of office.

And even then you dodged a bullet because you COULD have gotten Bubbette,but cheer up! Who knows,you might get her in 2020!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2018, 01:37:28 pm »
@roamer_1

I hate to be the one to break this to you,but you also get what you DON'T vote for. In this case you got Trump,so quit whining about him since you did NOTHING to keep him out of office.

The hell I didn't.

And even then you dodged a bullet because you COULD have gotten Bubbette,but cheer up! Who knows,you might get her in 2020!

@sneakypete
Shrugs. Makes no difference to me. Six of one, half dozen of the other... A bucket of shit is a bucket of shit, no matter how you throw it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2018, 02:00:15 pm »
The hell I didn't.

@sneakypete
Shrugs. Makes no difference to me. Six of one, half dozen of the other... A bucket of shit is a bucket of shit, no matter how you throw it.

@roamer_1

The funny part about that is that you think it makes you look wise

Online roamer_1

« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2018, 02:02:43 pm »
@roamer_1

The funny part about that is that you think it makes you look wise

@sneakypete
I don't care a bit how it makes me look. I don't need praise. It is what it is, and I have said my piece. It ain't gonna change - EVER.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:03:15 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2018, 02:06:06 pm »
The big story here is that anyone is surprised to learn that some TBR posters have different opinions and think that they need to argue with them about it.   *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** :shrug:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2018, 02:09:41 pm »
@sneakypete

Please tell me what you don't like about the following

Since taking office, President Trump has strengthened American leadership, security, prosperity, and accountability.
    After 500 days, the results are clear: the American economy is stronger, American workers are experiencing more opportunities, confidence is soaring, and business is booming.
    President Trump has re-asserted American leadership on the world stage, secured vital investments in our military, and stood up against threats to our national security.
    President Trump has put the American people first and made government more accountable.

Nearly 3 million jobs have been created since President Trump took office.
        304,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and manufacturing employment stands at its highest level since December 2008.
        337,000 construction jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and construction employment stands at its highest level since June 2008.
    Under President Trump, the unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8, the lowest rate since April 2000, and job openings have reached 6.6 million, the highest level recorded.
        67 percent of Americans believe now is a good time to find a quality job, according to Gallup.
        Only under President Trump have more than 50 percent of Americans believed it is a good time to find a quality job since Gallup began asking the question 17 years ago.
    President Trump prioritized job training and workforce development to empower workers to seize more opportunities, signing an Executive Order to expand apprenticeship opportunities.
    President Trump has restored confidence in the American economy, with confidence among both consumers and businesses reaching historic highs.
        Consumer confidence in current conditions has reached a 17-year high, according to the Conference Board.
        Optimism among manufacturers has hit record highs under President Trump, according to the National Association of Manufacturers.
        Small business optimism has sustained record-high levels under President Trump according to the National Federation of Independent Business.
    President Trump signed the historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, cutting taxes for American families and making American business more competitive.
        American families received $3.2 trillion in gross tax cuts and saw the child tax credit double.
        The top corporate tax rate was lowered from 35 percent to 21 percent so American businesses could be more competitive.
    President Trump has rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations beyond expectations.
        In 2017, President Trump far exceeded his promise to eliminate regulations at a two-to-one ratio, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every new regulatory action.
        The Administration rolled back rules and regulations harming farmers and energy producers, such as the Waters of the United States Rule and the Clean Power Plan.
        Regional and community banks and credit unions got relief after President Trump signed legislation reducing harmful requirements imposed by the Dodd-Frank Act.
    Since taking office, President Trump has advanced free, fair, and reciprocal trade deals that protect American workers, ending decades of destructive trade policies.
        Days after taking office, the President withdrew the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement.
        President Trump’s Administration is working to defend American intellectual property from China’s unfair practices through a range of actions.
        The President improved the KORUS trade agreement with the Republic of Korea, which will allow more U.S. automobile exports to South Korea with lower tariffs and increase U.S. pharmaceutical access to South Korea.
        American agriculture has gained access to new markets under President Trump.

President Trump followed through on his promise to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
    President Trump ordered an end to United States participation in the horrible Iran deal and immediately began the process of re-imposing sanctions that had been lifted or waived.
        The President has taken action to confront aggression by Iran and its proxies.
        The Department of the Treasury has issued a range of sanctions targeting Iranian activities and entities, including the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force.
    Under President Trump, the United States has led an unprecedented global campaign to achieve the peaceful denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
    President Trump’s leadership has contributed to the return of 17 Americans held overseas.
        In May 2018 alone, Venezuela released one American and North Korea released three Americans who came home to the United States.
    The President has secured historic increases in defense funding in order to rebuild our Nation’s military with the resources they need, after years of harmful sequester.
        President Trump signed legislation to provide $700 billion in defense spending for fiscal year (FY) 2018 and $716 billion for FY 2019.
    The United States has worked with international allies to decimate ISIS.
    President Trump ordered strikes against Syria in response to the regime’s use of chemical weapons in April 2017 and April 2018.
    The Trump Administration has imposed a range of sanctions on the Maduro dictatorship in Venezuela, including sanctions targeting Maduro and other senior government officials.

Despite limited resources and obstruction from Congress, President Trump has worked to take control of our border and enforce our immigration laws.
        President Trump has called on Congress to provide the resources needed to secure our borders and close loopholes that prevent immigration laws from being fully enforced.
    President Trump authorized the deployment of the National Guard to help secure our borders.
    President Trump’s Administration has carried out immigration enforcement efforts based on the rule of law.
        From the start of President Trump’s Administration to the end of FY 2017, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) made 110,568 arrests of illegal aliens.
        Arrests made in this timeframe represented a 42 percent increase from the same timeframe in FY 2016.
        Of the 110,568 arrests made, 92 percent had a criminal conviction, pending criminal charge, were an ICE fugitive, or had a reinstated final order of removal.
    President Trump has made clear that his Administration will continue to combat the threat of MS-13 in order to protect communities from the horrendous violence the gang has spread.
        In 2017, the Department of Justice worked with partners in Central America to file criminal charges against more than 4,000 members of MS-13.
    The Trump Administration has cracked down on the import and distribution of illegal drugs in order to stop them from reaching our communities and causing even more devastation.
        As of April 2018, U.S. Border Patrol has seized 284 pounds of fentanyl in FY 2018, already surpassing the total of 181 pounds seized in FY 2017.
    The President has launched a nationwide effort to fight the opioid crisis, which has devastated communities across America.
        The President’s Opioid Initiative seeks to reduce drug demand, cut off the flow of illicit drugs, and save lives by expanding treatment opportunities.
    President Trump signed an omnibus spending bill which provides nearly $4 billion to address the opioid epidemic.
        The bill included $1 billion for grants focused on the hardest hit States and Tribes and provided funding for a public-private research partnership on pain and addiction.

President Trump has confirmed the most circuit court judges of any President in their first year, and secured Justice Neil Gorsuch’s confirmation to the United States Supreme Court.
    President Trump has signed legislation to bring more accountability to the Department of Veterans Affairs and provide our veterans with more choice in the care they receive.
        President Trump signed the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017, improving processes for addressing misconduct.
        President Trump signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act into law, authorizing $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.
    President Trump successfully eliminated the penalty for Obamacare’s burdensome individual mandate.
    The President’s Administration is seeking to provide more affordable health coverage and broader access to affordable alternatives to Obamacare plans.
    President Trump has released a blueprint to lower drug prices for Americans.
    President Trump has ensured that the religious liberties and conscience of Americans are protected and respected by the Federal government.
        President Trump signed an Executive Order to protect the free speech and religious liberties of groups such as the Little Sisters of the Poor.
        The Department of Justice issued guidance to all executive agencies on protecting religious liberty in federal programs.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2018, 02:11:30 pm »

Most of it is bullshit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2018, 02:11:52 pm »

@jpsb  @roamer_1

He doesn't like that it is Trump that was responsible for it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2018, 02:14:02 pm »
@jpsb  @roamer_1

@sneakypete
Nope. I give him credit when it's due.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2018, 02:19:29 pm »
@jpsb  @roamer_1

Its hard to deny that, while its not ALL good, there is plenty of good stuff happening now that was considered highly unlikely two years ago. We shouldn't let our personal dislike for the current president prevent our enjoying it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »
Integrity in our interpersonal relationships is a must. Virtue, personal morality, honesty, kindness, forgiveness – all vital qualities to possess in life.

In politics, however, they can be turned into liabilities.  :pondering:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2018, 02:24:40 pm »
Its hard to deny that, while its not ALL good, there is plenty of good stuff happening now that was considered highly unlikely two years ago. We shouldn't let our personal dislike for the current president prevent our enjoying it.

What, exactly? Take away all the EOs, and tell me the far-reaching real changes. Go ahead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2018, 02:31:11 pm »
What, exactly? Take away all the EOs, and tell me the far-reaching real changes. Go ahead.

I'm not gonna play your game. Its there for anyone with an open mind to see.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2018, 02:31:59 pm »
I'm not gonna play your game. Its there for anyone with an open mind to see.

Riiight. So nothing. Gotcha.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2018, 02:32:43 pm »
Riiight. So nothing. Gotcha.

You're a winner every time. In your own mind.

Go ahead and forever bitch about Trump. Doesn't pick my pocket.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:34:36 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2018, 02:49:17 pm »
On balance, you look at this pro business president’s record, and it has been phenomenal!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2018, 02:52:59 pm »
On balance, you look at this pro business president’s record, and it has been phenomenal!

WHERE? Show me!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2018, 02:53:38 pm »

OK, but thats not 'far reaching'. The economy could change tomorrow.

Border security? Not far reaching. He's doing that with EOs. Never mind congress not cooperating.

Judges? Thats not far reaching either. They'll all die one day. Besides, how do we know how they'll actually rule?

sarc off.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2018, 03:09:02 pm »
Business confidence and building activity is through the roof! The downtowns of mid to large cities across America, even Detroit, are dotted with construction cranes not seen in decades, companies are hiring and the job market is struggling to find enough workers to fill the demand. Energy production is soaring and America is set to lead the world as largest supplier in many sectors.

But, none of this matters because of Trump’s personality – it’s just not pleasingly presidential enough for some of our political purists. wink777

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2018, 03:12:38 pm »
@jpsb  @roamer_1

Permanently.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2018, 03:17:19 pm »
Amen!!!  The problem with Sasse?..............There isn't any.  The problem is with the Trump administration smearing good Americans who have taken oaths to serve.  This Senator knows his job.  He understands the Constitution and the separate powers of government.  He is a good man that loves his country and his family.

And likely if Ben Sasse said the swamp needed to be drained he would be talking about restoring the government to the original purposes of their powers.  To fight crime in our government and those who would diminish what was given to us by the Founders.  He certainly would not think that he could drain half of the swamp.

And if Ben Sasse ever runs for President he has my vote.  No matter who he is running against.

Expand more:

The other night I watched Trump at his rally on FOX News.  Who does he love?  Shawn Hannity, and Judge Jenine.  Who are they?  Television personalities, that who.  Judge Jenine is hardly judge at all.  I have read her biography.  She describes herself as fiscally conservative and socially liberal.  Shawn Hannity is opinion personality on FOX News.  What have either done for the country besides continually sell Donald Trump, and believe me he needs selling.  Because he contradicts himself continuously.  Wants a wall but signs bloated bills that strap our children with debt with no clear funding.  He keeps shouting about draining the swamp yet when Manafort and Cohen are found guilty of crimes he tweets what good men they are.  Complains that Sessions is doing his job bringing charges against Republicans.  Like a child saying your picking on us. 

The fan club has "picked" on Ben Sasse but I am certain that he is better than the majority of Trumps Administration which is falling apart.

Sasse was one of those hysterical Republicans who played right into the hands of the progressives by attacking the child separation policy as "wicked", "cruel", and purely "discretionary."