Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 58039 times)

Online corbe

Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2018, 09:28:18 pm »
   IMHO @jpsb even Pataki could have beat her, Trump was the only one that couldn't and even he pulled it off.

Sweet Dreams, Hardly.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2018, 09:28:51 pm »
I don't like killing people, it is against my principles but when the nation went to war I enlisted.

See, that's an odd thing. If you are indeed against killing people, then you should have stood upon that principle and been a conscientious objector. If you believe that as truth, then your convictions are remarkably facile.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2018, 09:29:34 pm »
So he was lying in the video I posted above?

Nowhere in that video does Ted Cruz state that he supports amnesty.  Nowhere.

And he was lying went he wrote an op ed in support of TPP?

Here is a copy of the editorial. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/putting-congress-in-charge-on-trade-1429659409?cb=logged0.19801042323816564

If you actually took time to read it for yourself instead of spouting off 2-year-old lies on reflex, you will find that it addresses TPA - not TPP.  But then 'truth' has never mattered to the Trump sycophants.

btw, Cruz voted against TPP.  Here's the rollcall on the final bill:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?&congress=114&session=1&vote=00219

Lies make Jesus cry.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:30:28 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2018, 09:30:48 pm »
Yet in 2016, you voted for the guy who supported touchback amnesty, while I voted for the guy who said all illegals should be deported and never let back in.  So which of those two positions is the 'Conservative' one?
I'm not sure you see the huge distinction between McCain's "Build The Damn Wall," and the far more plausible and inspiring statement from stable genius Trump "Mexico will pay for it." 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2018, 09:42:56 pm »
Here is Rand Paul is he a liar too?

Liar?  He makes a subjective statement that is not true.  But that is not the same as saying something he knows in advance is not true, just as you have done.

Paul says that Cruz wanted the bill to pass.  Yet Cruz voted 'No' on the bill.  I have a hard time reconciling a 'No' vote as indicating he wanted the bill to pass.   But that's just me.  In your world, you obviously see a 'No' vote as the equivalent of telling INS to take the next ten years off.  Likewise, you see Trump saying that he would expedite the return of millions of illegals into this country and granting them legal status as the equivalent of building a wall.  But that's just you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2018, 09:45:06 pm »
See, that's an odd thing. If you are indeed against killing people, then you should have stood upon that principle and been a conscientious objector. If you believe that as truth, then your convictions are remarkably facile.

It's called maturing.  It's called evolving.  For love of country!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2018, 09:45:14 pm »
The country is lost without those principles.
The EASY way is voting for the lesser evil, with a return to principle things always kicked down the road somewhere.

@roamer_1 Do you think McCain got returned to the US Senate term after term because conservative voters in AZ, who failed to oust McCain in the primaries, pinched their noses and voted for the lesser evil?  And when he dropped the thumb on repealing Obamacare...do you think they resented themselves?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2018, 09:48:18 pm »

@DCPatriot
No. It is weak and beggarly. If something is TRUE, then follow truth.
There is nothing to be gained in supporting a lie.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2018, 09:51:20 pm »
Liar?  He makes a subjective statement that is not true.  But that is not the same as saying something he knows in advance is not true, just as you have done.

Paul says that Cruz wanted the bill to pass.  Yet Cruz voted 'No' on the bill.  I have a hard time reconciling a 'No' vote as indicating he wanted the bill to pass.   But that's just me.  In your world, you obviously see a 'No' vote as the equivalent of telling INS to take the next ten years off.  Likewise, you see Trump saying that he would expedite the return of millions of illegals into this country and granting them legal status as the equivalent of building a wall.  But that's just you.

Don't be dense, he wanted the bill to pass if his amendment (no pathway to citizenship) was included in the bill.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2018, 09:56:47 pm »
@roamer_1 Do you think McCain got returned to the US Senate term after term because conservative voters in AZ, who failed to oust McCain in the primaries, pinched their noses and voted for the lesser evil? 

@Once-Ler
Yes, I do. And I think it a dreadful mistake.

And when he dropped the thumb on repealing Obamacare...do you think they resented themselves?

They should have at least been made aware of what a mistake they made.

But I will offer another view: Like here, city folk are not as conservative as the country folk. And like here, the cities are engorged by citizens from other places, seeking to retire and bringing their citified ways with them... Thus the attitudes of the locals are co-opted.

Likely, you get 20 miles out of Phoenix, McCain doesn't get many votes.

OR, folks are still more likely there to pull the lever for the big, rhinestone 'R', which is yet another (though associated) malady.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2018, 09:58:10 pm »
Don't be dense, he wanted the bill to pass if his amendment (no pathway to citizenship) was included in the bill.

Don't be an idiot.  He wanted the bill to fail if he voted 'No'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2018, 10:01:21 pm »
@DCPatriot
No. It is weak and beggarly. If something is TRUE, then follow truth.
There is nothing to be gained in supporting a lie.

Sounds like you're virtue-signaling there.  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2018, 10:05:36 pm »
Sounds like you're virtue-signaling there.  :shrug:

@DCPatriot
How I HATE that term. It leaves no room for the idea that there are people that walk the walk.

And it is a piss-poor excuse for not standing upon what you believe to be true.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:12:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2018, 10:23:56 pm »
@DCPatriot
How I HATE that term. It leaves no room for the idea that there are people that walk the walk.

And it is a piss-poor excuse for not standing upon what you believe to be true.

@roamer_1
In the example to which you replied...you suggested a lie, if even to himself, that he TRULY didn't believe in killing people, yet enlisted.

I hate the term too.  But if it looks like a horse...    :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:24:27 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2018, 10:26:02 pm »
@roamer_1
In the example to which you replied...you suggested a lie, if even to himself, that he TRULY didn't believe in killing people, yet enlisted.

Keep beating it long after it's dead?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2018, 10:32:12 pm »

That is exactly the same stupid thing Leftist tell us about how we need to view the Constitution.

So once again, you people prove there is little difference between yourselves and the rabid Left.  Just the difference in whom you follow as your political messiahs.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2018, 10:36:20 pm »
@roamer_1

@DCPatriot
A principle is a 'first thing'. a thing that is self-evidently true, and always true.
If one is under the conviction that killing people is wrong, always wrong, then joining the military would not be standing upon truth, which is rather, supporting a lie - Living a lie.

Either he was lying to himself, or he was too timid to stand upon the truth, as he described it, or as he knew it at the time. There can be no other answers.

Whether his conviction was right or wrong is not the point. That he was not willing to stand upon that conviction is the point.

Any time one yields to the lie, for whatever reason, one diminishes the truth.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:28 pm »

So you believe that conscientious objectors should not enlist in order to serve Our Country?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2018, 10:41:25 pm »
So you believe that conscientious objectors should not enlist in order to serve Our Country?

Yes, or to be able to enlist in a fashion that does not impede their conscience. Anything else is coercive.
There are other ways to serve.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »
That is exactly the same stupid thing Leftist tell us about how we need to view the Constitution.

So once again, you people prove there is little difference between yourselves and the rabid Left.  Just the difference in whom you follow as your political messiahs.

LOL!  We can set our watches to you....stalker.

How many people in your family currently don't believe in killing people?   Virtually everybody that 'normal', that's who.  Or, did I overshoot a little here?

He was probably a teenager too.  @jpsb   

Gimme a break.   Give us all a break.  You're buffoonish.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2018, 10:46:51 pm »
@DCPatriot
A principle is a 'first thing'. a thing that is self-evidently true, and always true.
If one is under the conviction that killing people is wrong, always wrong, then joining the military would not be standing upon truth, which is rather, supporting a lie - Living a lie.

Either he was lying to himself, or he was too timid to stand upon the truth, as he described it, or as he knew it at the time. There can be no other answers.

Whether his conviction was right or wrong is not the point. That he was not willing to stand upon that conviction is the point.

Any time one yields to the lie, for whatever reason, one diminishes the truth.

I love your writing.  I love your intellect.   But, in the end, all we've got is bullsh*t here.

Following your reasoning here, everyone serving in the military today believes in killing people.

22222frying pan

roamer    DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2018, 10:47:01 pm »
How many people in your family currently don't believe in killing people?   Virtually everybody that 'normal', that's who.  Or, did I overshoot a little here?

@DCPatriot
That's certainly not true.
The commandment is not to murder

I am perfectly fine with killing folks that need killing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2018, 10:49:24 pm »
I love your writing.  I love your intellect.   But, in the end, all we've got is bullsh*t here.

Following your reasoning here, everyone serving in the military today believes in killing people.

22222frying pan

roamer    DCPatriot

@DCPatriot
Thank you for that, and I answered this just above in my last post.
Everyone who is killing people DO believe in killing people, or they would not be killing people.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2018, 10:51:10 pm »
@DCPatriot
That's certainly not true.
The commandment is not to murder

I am perfectly fine with killing folks that need killing.

Well, Mr. 'Anal'....perhaps @jpsb felt exactly the same way at the time?   

Especially, if they killed fellow Americans or are in the process thereof.  He didn't say what event resulted in his enlistment.

I think you're just jerking my chain here.    :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2018, 10:57:53 pm »
Well, Mr. 'Anal'....perhaps @jpsb felt exactly the same way at the time?   

@DCPatriot
I am only going by what he said. He said he didn't believe in killing people. That leaves no room for justification.

Especially, if they killed fellow Americans or are in the process thereof.  He didn't say what event resulted in his enlistment.

Then we have moved from no killing to justified killing, which is not 'no killing'...

I think you're just jerking my chain here.    :laugh:

No, if anything I am jerking @jpsb 's chain, whom I respect, btw.