Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 57749 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2018, 07:07:39 pm »
Thanks @austingirl for bringing a little sanity back to this discussion.

The best chance a third party ever had or ever will have was Dallas Billionaire H. Ross Perot.  This guy managed to attract a LOT of people and all he succeeded in doing was getting Clinton elected.

Emjay

Not true. He got a YUGE government contract for his company to digitize ALL the SS records,and IIRC,it was signed in the WH within a week of Bubba being sworn in. Which led to a YUGE increase in the stock value of his company,allowing him to take  home a YUGE profit when he pretty much immediately sold it.

Ross,the weasel,Perot. He hated the Bush Crime Family almost as much as I do,but it took profits to get  him to commit what amounted to treason by being paid to overthrow the election.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:09:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2018, 07:08:28 pm »
Are you on Twitter as Free Vulcan?

I am, see link below.

The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2018, 07:08:46 pm »
It might be more of a case of not knowing what Republican party is anymore.  But I assure you that Sasse would not be going left, but toward the original intent of the government set up by the Founding Fathers.

That is something both the Democrat and Republican Party loathe more than anything. 

So if Sasse wants to move into something that promotes the original intent of the Founders in terms of governance, then he will have to do it in a new party - because the intents of the Founders and Conservative principles are as eschewed and held in contempt by the GOP as it is the Dems.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2018, 07:09:19 pm »

Emjay

Not true. He got a YUGE government contract for his company to digitize ALL the SS records,and IIRC,it was signed in the WH within a week of Bubba being sworn in. Which led to a YUGE increase in the stock value of his company,allowing him to take  home a YUGE profit when he pretty much immediately sold it.

Ross,the weasel,Perot. He hated the Bush Crime Family almost as much as I do,but it took profits to get  him to commit what amounted to treason by being paid to overthrow the election.

A lot of people got hysterical at me on this thread because I was upset with Sasse even though I made it clear that I like Sasse very much and think he is one of the great (white) hopes for the party.

I do not want him to drift over into Never Never Land because of annoyance with Republicans.  We're on a pretty good roll right now even with Trump and should soon have two really good new Justices in the court.  I am thrilled with Kavanaugh.  He did not put a foot wrong.  Could Trump have nominated two better people?  Don't see how.

Pete, that's crazytalk.  You're saying that Perot threw the election because Clinton promised him a big government contract? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2018, 07:11:26 pm »
Pete, that's crazytalk.  You're saying that Perot threw the election because Clinton promised him a big government contract?

@Sanguine

Yes,for profits as well as his hatred of the Bush Crime Family.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
   Hey Sasse, Come to our party and bring your Friends Cruz, Lee, Jordan, Meadows and the other like minded Congress Critters.  It's a low mileage vehicle with a full frame and we can drop a 454 in it.

:patriot:   :thumbsup:

https://www.constitutionparty.com/principles/three-pillars/

https://www.constitutionparty.com/principles/mission-statement/

Perhaps there are other good men and women tired of corrupt politics.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:25:54 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2018, 07:20:42 pm »
That is ridiculous.  I posted yesterday on the hearings thread how impressed I was with Sasse.

And I have repeatedly stated that the only reason I am upset by his tweet is that I do like him and don't want him to throw his political future away.

Do you have any sensible response?

@Emjay

Well now...isn’t it illuminating that you assumed I was referring to you?   Eminently sensible, I’d say.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2018, 07:22:34 pm »
Would he actually consider joining the party of abortion and open borders?

You describe both the Democrat and the Republican parties here, the latter having just handed Planned Parenthood a check for half a billion dollars of the taxpayers' money while refusing to fund a wall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline the_doc

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2018, 07:28:46 pm »
Amen!!!  The problem with Sasse?..............There isn't any.  The problem is with the Trump administration smearing good Americans who have taken oaths to serve.  This Senator knows his job.  He understands the Constitution and the separate powers of government.  He is a good man that loves his country and his family.

Sasse looks pretty decent to me.  Has Trump said anything about Sasse?

The fan club has "picked" on Ben Sasse but I am certain that he is better than the majority of Trumps Administration which is falling apart.

As a matter of curiosity:  Who do you dislike in the Trump administration at this time?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2018, 07:30:35 pm »
You describe both the Democrat and the Republican parties here, the latter having just handed Planned Parenthood a check for half a billion dollars of the taxpayers' money while refusing to fund a wall.
@Hoodat
Smackdown against Trump and the GOP?!?  You must love ISIS and M13.  Go back to DU.  Hillary lost, get over it.  blah blah blah.  We don't like that.  You know the rest you traitorous thinker.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:32:11 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2018, 07:31:55 pm »
lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »
There is no Republican party anymore.  It is a huge experiment in reality show.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2018, 07:34:09 pm »
@Hoodat
Smackdown against Trump and the GOP?!?  You must love ISIS and M13.  Go back to DU.  Hillary lost, get over it.  blah blah blah.  We don't like that.  You know the rest you traitorous thinker.

LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2018, 07:34:33 pm »

As a matter of curiosity:  Who do you dislike in the Trump administration at this time?

That's a Trick Question, isn't it, @the_doc ?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2018, 07:43:58 pm »

Let's start with the ones in prison, then the ones under investigation, then the ones who resigned in disgrace, then the ones currently under a cloud of scandal, then the ones who said they wanted to eliminate their departments before they started getting a paycheck, and that leaves Nikki.  I like Nikki.

Linda McMahon has been ok as Administrator of the Small Business Administration too.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:46:14 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »

Sasse is a NeverTrumper.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2018, 07:52:04 pm »
@Chosen Daughter
Let's start with the ones in prison, then the ones under investigation, then the ones who resigned in disgrace, then the ones currently under a cloud of scandal, then the ones who said they wanted to eliminate their departments before they started getting a paycheck, and that leaves Nikki.  I like Nikki.

Linda McMahon has been ok as Administrator of the Small Business Administration too.

The operative phrase was:  in the Trump Administration at this time.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2018, 07:52:30 pm »
   That's a Trick Question, isn't it, @the_doc ?

@the_doc  and @corbe

Considering that Trump doesn't even know who to like in his own administration.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2018, 07:54:18 pm »
@Chosen Daughter
The operative phrase was:  in the Trump Administration at this time.

and the administration list will yet be reduced again once they find op-ed author.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2018, 07:56:09 pm »
Sasse is a NeverTrumper.

You should definitely purge him from your party then.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2018, 07:57:06 pm »
@the_doc  and @corbe

Considering that Trump doesn't even know who to like in his own administration.

A lot of the folks in his administration are bureaucratic holdovers.  (Some of his early appointments were disasters, of course, like McMaster--who was reporting to Soros, of all things.)

Still, what has Trump said about Sasse?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2018, 07:58:18 pm »

It OK because you love drama.  Trump is the biggest drama King.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2018, 08:01:11 pm »
and the administration list will yet be reduced again once they find op-ed author.

I'm not completely convinced that the op-ed author was "in the Trump administration."  Even then, not likely an important official.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't like Trump.  But I don't hate him.  I think he is trying hard at his job, even if he is a bull in a china shop--like some many folks on TBR would be if they were POTUS.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2018, 08:01:21 pm »
You should definitely purge him from your party then.

NeverTrumpers tend to purge themselves. I have no problem with Sasse being in the GOP. But I do
think he is stupid to want to see Hillary as POTUS. No serious conservative would want to see that.
In the real world you have to make hard choices. Thankfully there were enough of us to save the
country from Hillary. You can thank us later.