Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 58098 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #750 on: September 16, 2018, 08:55:55 am »
Maybe because we're all 'disbelieving, smug, self-righteous, arrogant and otherwise contrarian naysayers' because we require proof.  *****rollingeyes*****

Perhaps it is that I am a scientist, a skeptic, or perhaps it is the 'Doubting Thomas' in my nature, but I want proof. The best proof will be seen hanging from gibbets and adorned in orange coveralls and stainless chains.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #751 on: September 16, 2018, 01:11:19 pm »
@Quix said:
He [President Trump] can say what HE wants vs have the talking heads mangle it. True, he could sometimes be more refined and even a bit more circumspect on some topics and in some situations.

Yes, agreed and probably most of his supporters would also agree. But, none of us, I suspect, would want to throw out the baby with the bath water as so many of Trump’s misguided conservative critics here seem so determined to do.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #752 on: September 16, 2018, 03:07:24 pm »
@Quix said:
Yes, agreed and probably most of his supporters would also agree. But, none of us, I suspect, would want to throw out the baby with the bath water as so many of Trump’s misguided conservative critics here seem so determined to do.

Yeah.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that, though.

A lot of the contrarian naysayers seem to demonstrate a ton of psycho-dynamic crap pretending to be righteous skepticism.

Periodically, I get my fill of that junk and don't care to bother that much with them for however long.

They don't seem to care about the evidence. Every shred of evidence is twisted & mangled into their construction on reality. Don't confuse them with facts.

They are addicted to an OCD level to paranoia about committing a false positive error. They pretend to be quite super rational in demanding a "scientific," laboratory, Supreme Court level of "proof." Yet, they show about 0.0001% understanding of the scientific fact that such an extreme addiction to fear of committing a false positive error leaves them stacking up tons of probability to the point of certainty that a slew of false negative errors will bite them in their rears.

Ahhhh wellll. So be it.

Those who are resistant to being teachable; resistant to being fair-minded; resistant to thinking outside their usual tidy little boxes will eventually experience their share of being wrong.

They seem to claim that their dyed-in-the-wool skepticism is righteously and objectively originated. Nonsense. It is psycho-dynamically generated and maintained. It is their deeply entrenched defense against their own anxieties about potentially being seen as wrong about anything.

Anyway . . . imho.

Thanks for your kind post. Most of the nonsense on this thread that goes for such 'astute & discerning' skepticism is farcical, imho.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:11:19 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #753 on: September 16, 2018, 03:27:54 pm »
Yeah.

A lot of the contrarian naysayers seem to demonstrate a ton of psycho-dynamic crap pretending to be righteous skepticism.

Periodically, I get my fill of that junk and don't care to bother that much with them for however long.

They don't seem to care about the evidence. Every shred of evidence is twisted & mangled into their construction on reality. Don't confuse them with facts.

They are addicted to an OCD level to paranoia about committing a false positive error. They pretend to be quite super rational in demanding a "scientific," laboratory, Supreme Court level of "proof." Yet, they show about 0.0001% understanding of the scientific fact that such an extreme addiction to fear of committing a false positive error leaves them stacking up tons of probability to the point of certainty that a slew of false negative errors will bite them in their rears.

Ahhhh wellll. So be it.

Those who are resistant to being teachable; resistant to being fair-minded; resistant to thinking outside their usual tidy little boxes will eventually experience their share of being wrong.

They seem to claim that their dyed-in-the-wool skepticism is righteously and objectively originated. Nonsense. It is psycho-dynamically generated and maintained. It is their deeply entrenched defense against their own anxieties about potentially being seen as wrong about anything.

Anyway . . . imho.

Thanks for your kind post. Most of the nonsense on this thread that goes for such 'astute & discerning' skepticism is farcical, imho.

Thank you, Quix.

I don't understand the mindset that believes my support of a president, as personally flawed as he may be, who is finally beginning to turn the ship of state in the right direction is somehow indicative of some moral deficiency on my part. Its ridiculous and I've stopped trying.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #754 on: September 16, 2018, 03:33:28 pm »
Thank you, Quix.

I don't understand the mindset that believes my support of a president, as personally flawed as he may be, who is finally beginning to turn the ship of state in the right direction is somehow indicative of some moral deficiency on my part. Its ridiculous and I've stopped trying.

Yeah. I'm strongly with you on that score.

The morality, imho, is firmly on the side of the one seeking God's help in trashing the horrific evils saturating our government and other institutions.

However, "Christianity" has a history of leaving lots of bodies on the field from 'friendly fire.'
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #755 on: September 16, 2018, 04:45:12 pm »
Yeah.

Ahhhh wellll. So be it.

Anyway . . . imho.

Well since it is claimed that Trump is leading some kind of Qanon in Gods name I must say I am instructed in the Bible to have righteous skepticism.  This all started during the campaign with someone who claimed God had chosen Trump.  He caused the miracle of Trump to be elected.  Did he orchestrate Trumps lying about Cruz and his family?  Did God do that?  Did he instruct Trump to have Pecker run a story about Cruz and women?  Did he do that?  Did God have to have Trump lie to win the election?  Did he have Trump try to cover up his escapades with the women by paying them hush money?  God is dishonest and he was worried Trump couldn't win if he was honest?

Does God direct Trump to tweet about his own appointments?  To say people are good when they are corrupt? (Manafort). 

I have been told that Trump and his Qanon government are going to make arrests and some scary stuff is going to unfold in the next few week, and to watch for it (without being anxious).  Makes me think of Nazi Germany.  Hitler talked about God a lot too.  If anything does happen it better be in line with Constitutional law.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #756 on: September 16, 2018, 04:45:34 pm »
To both of you, @Quix @skeeter  :beer:  :patriot:

The subtext in all of this Trump hysteria is the future of America. Are we living the founders’ vision of America in the 21st century? If not, what are we doing as patriotic Americans to get back to it?

Donald Trump, flawed as he is, as a citizen and now as president has given every indication he understands we’re in a bad place as a nation and is taking steps to move America towards the American principles given us in the United States constitution.

I will never understand the point of criticizing him for normal human sexual behavior in his younger days when the core of his presidency is about doing the right thing for Americans now. I don’t get that?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #757 on: September 16, 2018, 04:54:57 pm »

The subtext in all of this Trump hysteria is the future of America. Are we living the founders’ vision of America in the 21st century? If not, what are we doing as patriotic Americans to get back to it?

Donald Trump, flawed as he is, as a citizen and now as president has given every indication he understands we’re in a bad place as a nation and is taking steps to move America towards the American principles given us in the United States constitution.

I will never understand the point of criticizing him for normal human sexual behavior in his younger days when the core of his presidency is about doing the right thing for Americans now. I don’t get that?

Ummm, wasn't l'affaire de Stormy just a few years ago?  It was not in his youth.  It occurred during this 3rd marriage.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #758 on: September 16, 2018, 04:59:31 pm »
There's not enough tinfoil in the world for what this thread has devolved into.

I'm off to find another positive article on trump so the Trump Schutzstaffel can continue to call me a "hater".

*****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #759 on: September 16, 2018, 05:02:51 pm »
@Quix said:

@aligncare

<Nope> 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:06:28 pm by Mod5 »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #760 on: September 16, 2018, 05:06:21 pm »
Yeah. I'm strongly with you on that score.

The morality, imho, is firmly on the side of the one seeking God's help in trashing the horrific evils saturating our government and other institutions.

However, "Christianity" has a history of leaving lots of bodies on the field from 'friendly fire.'

@Quix

Well said!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #761 on: September 16, 2018, 05:13:11 pm »

@aligncare

The point is those posters desire nothing less than THEIR version of a "Christian America" where the Holy Bible takes the place of the Constitution,and they can,through their representatives,condemn people to Hell for not agreeing with THEM. They want nothing less than a religious police state,and see Trump as a bigger danger to their dreams than Hitlery was or will ever be.

They HATE individual freedoms and want those who don't follow their alleged moral guidelines to be punished by the government. They would have been right at home back in the days of "stocks" on the courthouse lawns to punish people in public and shame them for stuff like taking the Lords name in vain,doing unapproved work on Sunday,not attending church,etc,etc,etc.

They seek nothing less than complete control over every aspect of our lives by THEIR version of a "just government". They ARE the mirror image of the radial left. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #762 on: September 16, 2018, 05:15:14 pm »
Ummm, wasn't l'affaire de Stormy just a few years ago?  It was not in his youth.  It occurred during this 3rd marriage.

@Sanguine

So what? Who died and made you the National Moral Matron?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #763 on: September 16, 2018, 05:15:41 pm »

Unless you are Roy Moore.

Then, it's open season.

If you're Trump - what happened yesterday can no longer be considered.  It is what he says and does right now, in this moment that matters.  Not what he said and did 30 minutes ago.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #764 on: September 16, 2018, 05:23:24 pm »
@Sanguine

You got a problem with facts, @sneakypete, or you just spreading your version of sunshine today?

Go back and read the comment I quoted and was replying to if this confuses you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:24:03 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #765 on: September 16, 2018, 05:25:03 pm »
Unless you are Roy Moore.

Then, it's open season.

If you're Trump - what happened yesterday can no longer be considered.  It is what he says and does right now, in this moment that matters.  Not what he said and did 30 minutes ago.

Don't even use my comment to riff on Roy Moore.  Not the same situation at all.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #766 on: September 16, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »
@Sanguine

Did it bother you that Bill Clinton was doing the deed with babes in the Oval Office?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #767 on: September 16, 2018, 05:28:57 pm »
You got a problem with facts, @sneakypete, or you just spreading your version of sunshine today?

Go back and read the comment I quoted and was replying to if this confuses you.

@Sanguine

Just trying to bring a little reality into your imaginary world.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2018, 05:30:26 pm »

So what? We elected him to lead the nation, we did not elected him to be the Pope.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #769 on: September 16, 2018, 05:31:29 pm »
Its not about Trump the person, however hard some try to make it so. Its about the nation.

I will not condemn him as long as he’s doing what I believe is best for the country. As long as he does not descend to bill Clinton levels of deprativity. which were not only illegal but openly contemptuous of the office of the president and humiliating to the nation at large.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:32:09 pm by skeeter »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #770 on: September 16, 2018, 05:33:21 pm »
Did it bother you that Bill Clinton was doing the deed with babes in the Oval Office?

No, as long as no felonies are committed I don't give a damn.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #771 on: September 16, 2018, 05:34:39 pm »
So what? We elected him to lead the nation, we did not elected him to be the Pope.

@jpsb

And you just put your finger on why they hate him. If not the Pope,maybe Jimmy Swaggart or Pat Robertson. Like Muslims wanting to live in Muslim nations under Islamic Law,they want to live in a Christian Nation ruled by Christian dictates.

Which means individual freedoms are the last thing they want. What they want is obedience.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #772 on: September 16, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »
Don't even use my comment to riff on Roy Moore.  Not the same situation at all.

Hypocrisy is.

Trump fanatics tell us that what Trump did in his "youth" is immaterial to his character because 'every male in history does it".

But, when a Moore is accused to trying to court and date young women some 40 years ago - why, he's a pedophile unfit for consideration.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #773 on: September 16, 2018, 05:39:16 pm »

Speaking of Clinton, this is indeed the exact same excuse the Democrats gave about why we need to just ignore the behavior, and move on.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #774 on: September 16, 2018, 05:41:24 pm »
@jpsb

And you just put your finger on why they hate him. If not the Pope,maybe Jimmy Swaggart or Pat Robertson. Like Muslims wanting to live in Muslim nations under Islamic Law,they want to live in a Christian Nation ruled by Christian dictates.

Which means individual freedoms are the last thing they want. What’s

they want is obedience.

Other than on this board I do not hear a lot of anti trump posturing from the Christian community.Its those in the party trump threw out of the wheelhouse who are his loudest critics.