Author Topic: Newt Gingrich Gives His Midterm Predictions  (Read 954 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich Gives His Midterm Predictions
« on: November 02, 2018, 09:00:51 pm »
Newt Gingrich Gives His Midterm Predictions
Leah Barkoukis

@LeahBarkoukis
|
Posted: Nov 02, 2018 6:15 AM

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich put his midterm election predictions into writing Thursday in an op-ed for FoxNews.com.

One thing Gingrich is absolutely certain of is that Republicans will retain control of the Senate, dashing Chuck Schumer’s hopes of becoming Majority Leader.

“I have looked at every Senate race this year, and I do not see any way the Democrats can win majority control of the chamber when voters cast ballots just a few days from now,” he said. “At a minimum, we will have a two-vote Republican majority after Tuesday.”

This is most significant for President Trump and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s efforts to bring constitutionalists back to the courts.

“This shift of the courts was the biggest achievement of President Trump’s first two years,” he noted. “Now it is likely guaranteed to continue.”

He said Republicans will likely gain at least three seats in the Senate, but he would not disclose his optimistic prediction, explaining it’s “so high I am afraid to put in writing.”

Gingrich also commented on the significance of West Virginia’s Senate race.

“If Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va. loses Tuesday, it will be a sign that no candidate can overcome being on the wrong team in a state President Trump carried by a 42 percent margin,” he said.

As for the House, Gingrich was less certain, noting it could go either way. “I think the GOP range is probably a low of 204 to a high of 229. A party needs at least 218 seats to have majority control of the House. None of us will know for sure which party comes up on top until the votes are counted,” he explained.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/11/02/newt-gingrich-gives-his-midterm-predictions-n2534163
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Newt Gingrich Gives His Midterm Predictions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:26:33 pm »
As for the House, Gingrich was less certain, noting it could go either way. “I think the GOP range is probably a low of 204 to a high of 229. A party needs at least 218 seats to have majority control of the House. None of us will know for sure which party comes up on top until the votes are counted,” he explained.

He knows the prospects of keeping the House have dwindled and aren’t good.  In May, he was guaranteeing it.  In early October, he was confident.  Now, he’s saying toss up.  Those are trends in the wrong direction at the wrong time.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/858954?section=politics&keywords=newt-gingrich-gop-majority-congress&year=2018&month=05&date=08&id=858954&oref=r.search.yahoo.com

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/04/newt-gingrich-sean-hannity-midterms-kavanaugh-confirmation-vote
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:28:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 09:27:06 pm »
Noot lets us know what those who never venture beyond the Beltway think.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 09:39:10 pm »
   Senate gains +4, House maintains Majority @220, IMHO. 
   We Conservatives still lose because of McCarthy, McConnell and Trump.

*Yes, Trumpers it'll be better than pelosi, schumer and hellary unless you believe in the 'burn the whole thing down' philosophy, which I do not. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 09:44:06 pm »

He knows the prospects of keeping the House have dwindled and aren’t good. 

There has been no point this year where the prospects for the House and Senate were good despite what this 6 time loser from the Vatican has to say. Despite the bullshit and history going back a generation on these midterms, the Senate is going GOP and the House is now a coin toss. Bush couldn't do that. Clinton couldn't do that. Bush couldn't do that. Obama couldn't do that. Trump is going to.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 09:51:16 pm »
   The House gained +8 seats, The Senate +1 in GWB first term, granted it was right after 9/11.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 09:52:27 pm »
   Senate gains +4, House maintains Majority @220, IMHO. 
   We Conservatives still lose because of McCarthy, McConnell and Trump.

*Yes, Trumpers it'll be better than pelosi, schumer and hellary unless you believe in the 'burn the whole thing down' philosophy, which I do not.

Yeah, but we will have big time big deal Tim Risch blazing a Conservative trail like he has for so many years.*

*I never heard of this guy and no one else has either. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 09:53:22 pm »
   The House gained +8 seats, The Senate +1 in GWB first term, granted it was right after 9/11.

So you are saying we should have the CIA and the Trilateralists blow up some more buildings this weekend?

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 09:54:02 pm »
There has been no point this year where the prospects for the House and Senate were good despite what this 6 time loser from the Vatican has to say. Despite the bullshit and history going back a generation on these midterms, the Senate is going GOP and the House is now a coin toss. Bush couldn't do that. Clinton couldn't do that. Bush couldn't do that. Obama couldn't do that. Trump is going to.

Bush 43 picked up seats in the House and Senate in 2002.  That’s not going to happen this year.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 10:01:12 pm »

Bush 43 picked up seats in the House and Senate in 2002.  That’s not going to happen this year.

You know something I don't? Senate is already favored to the GOP. House is a coin toss.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 10:30:59 pm »
You know something I don't? Senate is already favored to the GOP. House is a coin toss.

Apparently, I do.  I fully expect to pick up at least 3 seats in the Senate.  The fact the House is a toss means there will be a loss of seats.  As I said, there were gains in both parts of Congress in 2002.  That won’t happen this time.