Author Topic: Obama Mocks Trump's 'Economic Miracle': Don't Forget When the Recovery Started  (Read 2133 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Anybody read the transcript to determine how many times he said "I"?

I think it was reported .  don't remember the exact number but it was over 100 time.   He must be getting humble in his post American destroying days.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think it was reported .  don't remember the exact number but it was over 100 time.   He must be getting humble in his post American destroying days.

Caught Geraldo on FOXNEWS opining that Barack Obama was a 'Centrist' compared to "The Left" that have taken over the Party.

...scared my cats awake.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

HE’S BACK! Obama refers to himself 102 times during 64-minute speech
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

Caught Geraldo on FOXNEWS opining that Barack Obama was a 'Centrist' compared to "The Left" that have taken over the Party.

...scared my cats awake.   :shrug:

They are living in a delusion.  If Obama were any farther left, he'd plunge into the abyss.

Come to think of it...............   888mouth
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

HE’S BACK! Obama refers to himself 102 times during 64-minute speech

Doesn't it make one wonder how one lives one's life if oneself is all one ever thinks about???

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline MajorClay

Anyone remember "Recovery Summer?"

Welcome to the WEAKEST economic recovery ever, 2010 to 2016.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Anyone remember "Recovery Summer?"

Welcome to the WEAKEST economic recovery ever, 2010 to 2016.

And that is a major point needing repeated, mostly because Obama himself loudly trumpeted with defeatist pessimism that we would never see greater than 2% growth again, and all those jobs lost would never come back. He smugged and smirked about what a great deal he was giving America with 2%.

So now that the economy is roaring at double that - SCREW HIM. He gets to claim zero credit for anything good that's happening now. He did everything in his power to shoot that in the foot.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Anybody read the transcript to determine how many times he said "I"?
And to think, they call Trump a narcissist.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

LOL j merle!   

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

They can BOTH be narcissists............... and they are.

I would guess that no one on this forum thought that Obama was anything other than a self-absorbed baby.

Doesn't mean Trump isn't one too.

Online Wingnut

I would guess that no one on this forum thought that Obama was anything other than a self-absorbed baby.

Just had to throw a bitch slap in.  You are a peach.

Offline musiclady

Just had to throw a bitch slap in.  You are a peach.

I've seen you do far worse a number of times, retread, so don't be casting stones here "@The Ghost."

That was a legit, on-topic response to a post on this thread.  (Your comment, OTOH, was an ad hominem directed toward me, with no perceivable point).

Just because Obama is clearly a narcissist doesn't mean Trump isn't also clearly a narcissist.  They just show it in different ways.

But back to the article.............  Obama is a creepy little leftist who did his best to destroy our country, and did NOTHING to improve the economy.  He's trying to promote himself as a successful President with his lies, and is following in the new tradition of Democrat ex-presidents and bashing a current one.

He has no class.  He never made a true statement in his life.  And his minions adore him.

He'll get away with this garbage

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:35:28 pm by musiclady »

Offline jpsb

Obama Hussein Mustaffa claims he is Trump.
Trump is NOT Trump! I am Trump!

I am Trump dammit! It is me. I am Trump!

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline jpsb

102 is what I recall being reported

Offline jpsb

Trump is doing (or trying to do) what he said he's do on the campaign trial. And having great
success so if he wants to brag a little bit I don't have a problem with that. Obama on the other
hand did nothing right and had zero successes. Conservatives aught to be very pleased with
Trump thus far.

Online Wingnut

Offline Timothy Dennis

Just another lie from a liar--Barak Obama. And also, someone who didn't have a clue when it comes to effective economic policy.

Offline musiclady

Trump is doing (or trying to do) what he said he's do on the campaign trial. And having great
success so if he wants to brag a little bit I don't have a problem with that. Obama on the other
hand did nothing right and had zero successes. Conservatives aught to be very pleased with
Trump thus far.

I was referring to his narcissism, which makes this comment completely unnecessary.

We know you are "pleased" with Trump.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Just another lie from a liar--Barak Obama. And also, someone who didn't have a clue when it comes to effective economic policy.

That's giving him more credit than he deserves.

He's a thieving, "Getting over on everyone else" Alinskyite.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

The difference is that Trump has always admitted he is a narcissist. It's on everything he has ever done. He lives through his own brand. Obama's narcissism, on the other hand, is far more sinister: he makes himself look like an altruist while glorifying himself as a sort of political Messiah, much like the great dictators of years past.

The boldest things Trump has ever promised are to build a wall and let people say Merry Christmas again. Obama's was "fundamental transformation." You tell me which one is more dangerous.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The difference is that Trump has always admitted he is a narcissist. It's on everything he has ever done. He lives through his own brand. Obama's narcissism, on the other hand, is far more sinister: he makes himself look like an altruist while glorifying himself as a sort of political Messiah, much like the great dictators of years past.

The boldest things Trump has ever promised are to build a wall and let people say Merry Christmas again. Obama's was "fundamental transformation." You tell me which one is more dangerous.

While I'll agree with you regarding Obama was more sinister, it's all a matter of perspective.

IMO, President Trump is right at this moment "fundamentally transforming" America for an entire generation...possibly three.

Any American born since 9-11.
Any American that has become politically 'aware' since 9-11.   

That's 2 right there.

He is the very definition of another Ronald Reagan in terms of having a profound effect on individual American families/households.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Sorry, but nothing I said indicated that Obama was not dangerous.

You took the discussion of Obama off track with your comparison with Trump and implied criticism of those who note his narcissism, and I responded to it.

I stand by my comment, which is still the truth.  They are both narcissists with different personalities. 

On the subject of how awful Obama is, we both agree.  Can we keep it that way?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 05:14:18 pm by musiclady »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Excellent remark.

This "narcissism", really means nothing. I haven't seen any admittance or denial of it myself. It's just one more crutch some will use against the President.

Beating back ISIS, trying to secure the borders, bringing NK to the negotiation table. I'll take all of this.

I wouldn't pay attention to some Never-Trumpers, accusing people of hate out of thin air, that's their slander and that's what they bring to the table. They have to hope for failure.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 05:29:24 pm by TomSea »