Author Topic: Obama calls midterm votes urgent in rebuke of Trump: 'Our democracy depends on it'  (Read 1297 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama calls midterm votes urgent in rebuke of Trump: 'Our democracy depends on it'
By Peter Sullivan - 09/07/18 12:25 PM EDT

President Obama on Friday urged Americans to vote because “our democracy depends on it,” saying the stakes are higher than any other election in his lifetime.

“I’m here to deliver a simple message: You need to vote because our democracy depends on it,” Obama said at a speech at the University of Illinois, as he wades back into the political fray.

"But just a glance at recent headlines should tell you that this moment really is different,” he said. “The stakes really are higher. The consequences of any of us sitting on the sidelines are more dire."

Obama later in his speech turned directly to Trump, criticizing him for capitalizing on resentments between different Americans.

But Obama said Trump was a symptom of a larger problem, not the cause.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405563-obama-calls-midterm-votes-urgent-in-rebuke-of-trump-our-democracy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox is carrying this speech live from Champaign, Il..a liberal hellhole
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hey Barry!  You can stick your "Democracy" right up your tailpipe!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Obama later in his speech turned directly to Trump, criticizing him for capitalizing on resentments between different Americans.

...and the unwritten rule of former Presidents not criticizing a sitting President has just gone out the window.

Not a surprise that it was Obama that broke the rule.

After all, every problem he faced in the White House he blamed on his predecessor, Bush.

Offline musiclady

...and the unwritten rule of former Presidents not criticizing a sitting President has just gone out the window.

Not a surprise that it was Obama that broke the rule.

After all, every problem he faced in the White House he blamed on his predecessor, Bush.

Sweet, innocent Jimmy Carter broke the rule first when he bashed Bush.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sweet, innocent Jimmy Carter broke the rule first when he bashed Bush.....

Only Reagan and the Bushes have been content to leave the limelight quietly.

Reagan had health issues, of course, but I cannot imagine him behaving like these clowns.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Actually, let's be honest here; the peaceful transition of power has gone out the window.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LottieDah

As they say in Brooklyn, NY "Obama can sh$t in a hat and pull it over his ears".  Who cares what he has to say anyway?  I sure don't.

Offline Applewood

Barry, this is a republic, not a democracy. 

And this guy graduated from Harvard?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And he is a constitutional scholar too.   What a country...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:55:27 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

Trump's response is due any minute.  This ought to be entertaining.

Online cato potatoe

Just for old times' sake  :silly:

Image deleted. Remember, we can't post ANY Getty images.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:19:45 am by MOD3 »

Offline Applewood

And he is a constitutional scholar too.   What a country...

No wonder his academic record is hidden. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Are you sure?

I have my doubts because it sure as hell is not being governed like one.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

Only Reagan and the Bushes have been content to leave the limelight quietly.

Reagan had health issues, of course, but I cannot imagine him behaving like these clowns.

You know he wouldn't.  He had class and knew right from wrong.  Even if he hadn't been ill, he would have kept his mouth shut, as he should.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

Are you sure?

I have my doubts because it sure as hell is not being governed like one.

Well, it's supposed to be a republic.  I just get irritated when allegedly well educated people call this country a democracy.

Offline LegalAmerican

As they say in Brooklyn, NY "Obama can sh$t in a hat and pull it over his ears".  Who cares what he has to say anyway?  I sure don't.

Never heard that before, but why is a traitor speaking, anyway?  WE DON'T HAVE A DEMOCRACY.  We have a REPUBLIC with check & balances, granted they are now corrupt, but you can see how IGNORANT HAT SHYT REALLY...IS!

Another one that needs to be in jail. FRAUD! PHONY. ANTI-AMERICAN. FACT.

Offline LegalAmerican

Trump's response is due any minute.  This ought to be entertaining.

Yeah, our country DYING is just all kind of giggles & a hoot!    ****slapping

Offline LegalAmerican

Just for old times' sake  :silly:

Image deleted. Remember, we can't post ANY Getty images.

Yes. A responsible, smart HETERO MALE, (TRUMP) as opposed to a gay, limp wristed FRAUD.  SO FUNNY.  :silly:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:20:34 am by MOD3 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yeah, he's a constitutional scholar.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LegalAmerican

Obama is the CAUSE of what ails America.  THE DIVIDER IN CHIEF.  Using that communist tactic.  Everything obama did, he is trying to put that on President TRUMP. WHAT AN AZZ.

OBAMA CREATED THE DIVISION, as his supporter SOROS wanted.  Obama started the 99% v !%,,while he is now the !%,

Male v female,  Gay v straight , black v white,  islam v Christianity,  Big Bird v Federal gov.  Paying for riots using our tax dollars, with some SOROS HELP.  MOVEON.ORG.  AGITATOR still at it.  His gay azz needs to be in jail.

Offline LegalAmerican

Thank you, Mod 3.  I don't see the point of, that ANYWAY!

Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 08:20:34 PM by MOD3 »

Offline LegalAmerican

Fox is carrying this speech live from Champaign, Il..a liberal hellhole

I totally agree! I lived very close to that, when young. Also, Gary, Indiana.

Offline goodwithagun

It was deliberate. Everything he and Mooch does is deliberate: scripted, choreographed, and rehearsed. The more they say democracy, the more people will believe it. Words matter and they know this. Gay no longer means happy anymore, does it? The anti abortion movement got it right with prolife, but in so many other areas conservatives have dropped the ball on owning the language.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Obama is the CAUSE of what ails America. 

Wrong.

No.

Obama IS NOT the CAUSE of what ails us.

Obama was and is a SYMPTOM of what ails us.

THE DIVIDER IN CHIEF.  Using that communist tactic. 

It's what half the population wants.

OBAMA CREATED THE DIVISION, as his supporter SOROS wanted.  Obama started the 99% v !%,,while he is now the !%,

Bullshit.  No he did not.  He exploited 50 years of divisions being sown into the culture and society via entertainment, education and government.  Obama had it easy. 

His liberal forbears did the heavy lifting to prep the fields sown in the minds of a populace they taught to emote rather than think.

Male v female,  Gay v straight , black v white,  islam v Christianity,  Big Bird v Federal gov.  Paying for riots using our tax dollars, with some SOROS HELP. 

The people wanted it, tolerated it, and bought the lies sold for five decades on those subjects.  The people, wholly ignorant of our own history and establishment - were easy pickings for the devious because they have been conditioned to be dependent on what government hands them from others they steal it from.