Author Topic: WALSH: This Is How The Ancient Church Dealt With Deviant Priests (Matt Walsh)  (Read 914 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Wire
Matt Walsh
Sept. 6, 2018

As we hear news that the New York Attorney General is opening an investigation into all Catholic dioceses in the state, and that New Jersey will soon be making a similar announcement, I think it could be worthwhile to consider how the Church used to deal with the sexual deviants in its ranks. Obviously, its modern strategy has been to ignore the problem, cover it up, downplay it, and rationalize it. This has brought about the results any rational person would expect.

[...]

To review, St. Basil's recommendations followed these six steps:

1) Shave the offender's head.

2) Publicly beat him.

3) Bind him in chains and spit on him.

4) Confine him for six months and allow him only to eat bread three times a week.

5) Sentence him to another six months of manual labor and intense spiritual direction.

6) Forbid him from ever again having unsupervised interactions with boys or young men.

More... https://www.dailywire.com/news/35557/walsh-how-ancient-church-dealt-deviant-priests-matt-walsh

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I will admit, Walsh being a Catholic himself, does not hold back in his criticism when needed. I commend him for it. One of the reasons I still read him.  He keeps a true north.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:25:25 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline endicom

I will admit, Walsh being a Catholic himself, does not hold back in his criticism when needed. I commend him for it. One of the reasons I still read him.  He keeps a true north.

You might be thinking of Michael Walsh. Or you might not.

Offline verga

You might be thinking of Michael Walsh. Or you might not.
Matthew Walsh is Catholic.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.