Author Topic: In San Angelo, Senator Ted Cruz Feels the Heat  (Read 614 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
In San Angelo, Senator Ted Cruz Feels the Heat
« on: September 02, 2018, 11:08:57 pm »
San Angelo Live By Joe Hyde Aug. 31, 2018

“We’re 68 days out and we’ve got a fight on our hands. The extreme Left, they’re angry. They’re energized. A few minutes ago, they were dancing outside the window. And they are unified by their hatred of the president,” Cruz said.

“I’m going to tell you that this is dangerous. It’s resulting in a couple of things. One of the things is that tens of millions of dollars are flooding into the state of Texas from liberals all over the country. But another thing it’s going to result in is in November, we’re going to see record-shattering Democratic [Party] turnout,” Cruz warned.

“Now here’s the good news. This is Texas. And in Texas, there are a whole lot more conservatives than there are liberals,” Cruz said. The election on Nov. 6 boils down to one thing, Cruz said. “Turnout, turnout, turnout!”

Cruz stressed accomplishments first.

Since President Donald Trump’s inauguration in January 2017, the Republicans have controlled both houses of the U.S. Congress and the executive branch. Because of this, Cruz said, “We are seeing incredible victories for the American people.”

Among the accomplishments of the Republicans in Washington D.C., Cruz said, were tax reform, regulatory reform, the start of repealing Obamacare, and the appointment of conservative federal judges.

“I knew If we could deliver on those four, it would have a long-lasting and powerful impact in the state of Texas,” Cruz said.

Cruz made his campaign swing through Abilene and San Angelo yesterday. Campaign officials said he would hold a rally in McKinney over the Labor Day weekend with Texas Governor Greg Abbott.

More: https://sanangelolive.com/news/politics/2018-08-31/san-angelo-senator-ted-cruz-feels-heat

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: In San Angelo, Senator Ted Cruz Feels the Heat
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 02:13:59 pm »
the only real heat Ted felt was the 98 degrees in San Angelo.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington