Author Topic: Trump Schadenfreude List asks Bono, U2?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline endicom

Trump Schadenfreude List asks Bono, U2?
« on: September 02, 2018, 04:14:37 pm »
Don Surber
Sept. 2, 2018

In October 2016, Bono of U2 did something only 130,314 other celebrities had done. He spoke out against Donald Trump.

Wow, man, that is the way to stand up to The Man.

Rolling Stone reported, "U2 mocked Donald Trump and his proposed border wall before performing 'Bullet the Blue Sky' at a concert in San Francisco on Wednesday.

More... https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/09/trump-schadenfreude-list-asks-bono-u2.html

Offline endicom

Re: Trump Schadenfreude List asks Bono, U2?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 04:14:51 pm »

Every ahole in the world wants to tell us what we're about and what we should be doing. A little 'nationalism' is in order.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 04:18:41 pm »
Oh, yes, U2, that Irish band, that moved their financial operations to The Netherlands in order to avoid taxes.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:47:44 pm »
Everyone needs a Dixie Chics moment.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:57:27 pm »
Don Surber
Sept. 2, 2018

In October 2016, Bono of U2 did something only 130,314 other celebrities had done. He spoke out against Donald Trump.

Wow, man, that is the way to stand up to The Man.

Rolling Stone reported, "U2 mocked Donald Trump and his proposed border wall before performing 'Bullet the Blue Sky' at a concert in San Francisco on Wednesday.

More... https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/09/trump-schadenfreude-list-asks-bono-u2.html
Willie Nelson is an avowed liberal. I have gone to quite few of his concerts over the years. He comes out and sings his songs. No jokes, no political commentary, he just comes out and sings. The man knows he does not need to piss off alienate 50% or more of his audience.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 02:07:24 pm »
I'm bumping up this thread, because I heard about this other this morning even though, it happened shortly after the 2018 concert in the OP:

Gemma O'Doherty@gemmaod1
Chief servant of the #NWO cult in #Ireland and Clinton stooge Bono shouts out to his ‘old friend’ arch paedophile Theodore McCarrick and racially attacks Swedish people because of their looks. Perverts @U2
 are a stain on #Ireland. Tick tock..  #GreatAwakening #ThesePeopleAreSick

(video at link)   

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1242084983730327559

And an article from 2018:

Bono uses 'devil clown alter ego' to mock Sweden with Nazi salutes during U2 concert after the country saw surge in support for anti-immigrant party in elections

U2 frontman Bono mocked Sweden and the leader of far-right party

Bono shouted name of Sweden Democrats leader and did a Nazi salute

Far-right SD won 17.6 per cent of the vote on Sunday's general election

Party was the biggest among male voters in Sweden, with 24 per cent of vote

Sweden facing weeks of coalition talks after neither major bloc wins majority

Social Democrats stay largest at 28.4 per cent but with lowest share since 1908

Leaders of all other parties have ruled out forming a government with SD

By Sara Malm For Mailonline

Published: 04:29 EDT, 11 September 2018 | Updated: 15:47 EDT, 11 September 2018

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6154295/Swedish-election-Anti-immigrant-Sweden-Democrats-votes-party-male-voters.html

That's real bad, he seems to be doing something charitable for the coronavirus right now, that was in other news but this is real hateful stuff on his end. I never thought their music was that great though, I did get Joshua Tree. That's decades ago.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 02:11:11 pm »
Bono lost his voice?  :headbang:

All politics aside.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 03:49:52 pm »
@TomSea, the "news" we get here in the US is so filtered and dominated by ProgMedia people on both sides of the Atlantic that I'm not able to discern whether European political parties like the Sweden Democrats are genuinely the neo-Nazis ProgMedia people claim they are, or reasonable conservative people being slandered for political gain.

As for Bono, he's always been the sort of Christian who thinks the sort of charity Jesus commanded should be done via government power.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:53:42 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 04:20:06 pm »
I heard he was for the legalization of abortion in Ireland, no friend of mine after that.