Author Topic: California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep  (Read 2073 times)

rangerrebew

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep
Associated Press

California lawmakers voted Friday to bar middle and high schools from starting before 8:30 a.m., one of dozens of proposals debated in the Legislature on the final day of its legislative session.

The bill, SB328, narrowly passed in both chambers. The development came as lawmakers scrambled to pass bills ahead of a midnight deadline, addressing topics ranging from internet neutrality and smoking at state beaches.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/01/california-votes-to-bar-schools-from-starting-before-8-30am-to-help-give-students-more-sleep.html

rangerrebew

We all know what will happen with this law.  The kids will simply stay up later.  Since the REAL parents have become the state, there will be no one to monitor the kids. :headbang:

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For every political action there is a double or tipple reaction of unintended consequences.

75% or more of these kids ride the bus to school.  Now they are riding to and from during rush hours.  That means the kids will spend longer times on the bus.  Busses will use more fuel. The carbon foot print will increase.   Because of the longer ride times the curb side bus stop pick up times will be about the same.  But on the bright side they can sleep on the bus.

School ending times will also be pushed back.  Daycare schedules will have to be adjusted.  Again the travel home will be during rush hour.   

But hey.  Its for the children. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline darroll

For every political action there is a double or tipple reaction of unintended consequences.

75% or more of these kids ride the bus to school.  Now they are riding to and from during rush hours.  That means the kids will spend longer times on the bus.  Busses will use more fuel. The carbon foot print will increase.   Because of the longer ride times the curb side bus stop pick up times will be about the same.  But on the bright side they can sleep on the bus.

School ending times will also be pushed back.  Daycare schedules will have to be adjusted.  Again the travel home will be during rush hour.   

YUP

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

If it wasn't for the fact, that everybody commenting on this is ignorant of and only chiming in because it's California, that this moves the school start time back a WHOPPING 15 minutes! So much for OH MY GOD scary results of the change.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:15:15 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If it wasn't for the fact, that everybody commenting on this is ignorant of and only chiming in because it's California, that this moves the school start time back a WHOPPING 15 minutes! So much for OH MY GOD scary results of the change.

I just think it's idiotic there is going to be a state law that decrees the time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I just think it's idiotic there is going to be a state law that decrees the time.
Oh no argument there, it's just as idiotic as some people hyperventilating over it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A lot of the public schools now give the kids breakfast though, I don't think it's much more than orange juice and cold cereal, it's something.

Offline Frank Cannon

I see a real need for this change. The poor illegal kids are out whoring and slinging drugs so late at night that they need to catch some sleep somewhere in the day.