Author Topic: Chuck Yeager weighs in on 'First Man' flap: 'That's not the Neil Armstrong I knew'  (Read 941 times)

Offline endicom

Washington Times
Douglas Ernst
Aug. 31, 2018

Hollywood’s portrayal of astronaut Neil Armstrong in the biopic “First Man” was quick to elicit the attention on Friday of aviation legend Gen. Chuck Yeager.

Social media platforms lit up before the weekend as news spread that Ryan Gosling’s latest film does not include the American flag being planted on the moon. Critics fretted that “First Man” would essentially turn Mr. Armstrong into a progressive caricature when Mr. Yeager, 95, weighed in.

“Ryan Gosling is coming out with the movie First Man where it portrays Neil Armstrong as a liberal progressive anti-Trump (in spirit) non-flag waiver,” a user identified as @ClarenceSwirly wrote. “Probably agree with the National Anthem kneelers, too; at least in Hollywood’s liberal imagination. For your Info.”

More... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/31/chuck-yeager-weighs-in-on-first-man-flap-thats-not/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I wasn't familiar with Ryan Gosling until I saw Bladerunner 2049, which IMHO, an excellent movie. Too bad this one is so biased.

Offline endicom

...I saw Bladerunner 2049, which IMHO, an excellent movie.

They didn't overdo the special effects, ruining the dark mood?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

They didn't overdo the special effects, ruining the dark mood?

Not in my opinion. Compared to something like Star Wars there were very few cgi effects.

Offline endicom

Not in my opinion. Compared to something like Star Wars there were very few cgi effects.

Okay, good. I really thought they would ruin it.