Author Topic: 02 Harris/Weinstein/Peterson Discussion: Vancouver [Great steelmanning example at start]  (Read 953 times)

Offline Suppressed

02 Harris/Weinstein/Peterson Discussion: Vancouver
Jordan B Peterson
Published on Aug 31, 2018

This is the second video of the four-part debate that Sam Harris and I undertook in June 2018.

[...]

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtkwF5qA6uE
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:12:05 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Posted because of the great example of steelmanning at the beginning.  I haven't yet finished watching the rest.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Suppressed - that's fascinating.  The steelmanning is a valuable concept and those two men do it well. 

Also interesting is the almost rock-star reception they get, and the Weinstein intro explaining why this is so valuable and so timely.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The IDW initial core, plus others that could qualify to be affiliates, are interesting in their own rights.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln