Author Topic: Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez’s Re-Election Bid in Big Trouble  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/30/democrat-sen-bob-menendez-re-election-bid-big-trouble/

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) skated on public corruption charges this year, but the verdict New Jersey voters render in November may have a different outcome.

Menendez “is forcing his party to spend big on him as he struggles to fend off a Republican challenger,” Fox News reported on Thursday:

Bob Hugin, a former U.S. Marine and pharmaceutical executive, has cut Menendez’s lead to a mere 6 points, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released last week. Back in March, when the race began, Hugin trailed by 17 points and it appeared as if Menendez was on his way to an easy victory.

Hugin attacked Menendez over the weekend, saying that if he hadn’t decided to run, Menendez would likely have been re-elected without facing any real opposition.

“My wife and I were just offended that Bob Menendez was going to be reelected without any real opposition. He’s had 35 years of being involved in corruption,” Hugin said during an interview with New York’s WNYM-AM radio, according to the Hill.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez’s Re-Election Bid in Big Trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:02:39 am »
Bob is in a spot of bother. In all the years he's been around I've barely seen any ads from the bum. Today the airwaves are flooded with the most insanely over the top slam ads against Hugin. That's a good sign. He is in total panic mode.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »
Bob is in a spot of bother. In all the years he's been around I've barely seen any ads from the bum. Today the airwaves are flooded with the most insanely over the top slam ads against Hugin. That's a good sign. He is in total panic mode.

I'll be doing a happy dance for sure if that slug goes down!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 02:00:19 am »
I'll be doing a happy dance for sure if that slug goes down!

Me too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:01:39 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 06:36:12 pm »
Dislike Menendez all one wants, https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Pro-Israel-group-helps-raise-over-500000-for-Senator-Menendez-566058

Pro-Israel group gave him half a million. I also like his views on Cuba. He voted against going into Iraq way back.

But I'd still vote Republican unless the GOP candidate was really bad which probably would not happen.

They didn't get Menendez on anything and the sleaze he has been accused of, I question that very much as well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:15:26 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 04:13:43 am »
U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat who survived a corruption trial last year, is forcing his party to spend big on him as he struggles to fend off a Republican challenger.

Bob Hugin, a former U.S. Marine and pharmaceutical executive, has cut Menendez's lead to a mere 6 points, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released last week. Back in March, when the race began, Hugin trailed by 17 points and it appeared as if Menendez was on his way to an easy victory.

Hugin attacked Menendez over the weekend, saying that if he hadn't decided to run, Menendez would likely have been re-elected without facing any real opposition.

Continued at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/29/menendez-in-fight-for-political-life-loses-backing-fellow-nj-democrat.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Hugin sounds like he'd be a great Senator. Believe me, I know how disheartening it is to be pushing for an underdog in these kinds of situations.

In other articles, I see Menendez said, campaigning in Paterson that Kavanaugh, the nominee, is too extreme on the 2nd amendment.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:15:35 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 06:31:40 am »

Hugin’s website for a FYI.

https://bobhugin.com
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️