Author Topic: Youtube's System - RIGGED!!!  (Read 3152 times)

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Youtube's System - RIGGED!!!
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:59:25 am »
Youtube needs improvement. The worse it gets the more advertisers pull out. The more they pull out, the more that youtubers use outside sponsors instead of adsense. And when youtubers can support themselves off of patreon and selling audiobooks, Youtube is cut out of the profits - meaning the site continues to flounder. The only way to stop the bleeding is to make some baseline changes that improve Youtube as a whole.

First they need to FIX RECOMMENDED VIDEOS. I understand they love shadowbanning conservatives and suppressing right wing videos, but come on! I outright click "not interested" on left wing nonsense and as a result - youtube floods my feed with EVEN MORE OF IT! Because of that, outside of my youtube channel and the occasional meme, I've cut my time spent on youtube in half! And I'm not the only one! When people get no recommendations, they'll find something on their own. When people get recommendations that are THE OPPOSITE of what they're looking for, they jump ship. Youtube, fix this.

Want to hear about how Youtube Trending is broken and one other issue Youtube has? You ought to watch the full video! Youtube keeps changing their logo every two seconds, removing annotations from videos and making other dumb decisions - yet it continues to allow these other problems to continue!!! Absolute nonsense! Fire Susan Wojcicki and put someone in charge who actually cares about the users! Thank you, goodbye!

https://youtu.be/dpDxKK-9JHY

Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Youtube's System - RIGGED!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 02:09:30 am »
Cheers!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 02:10:17 am »
Why are you still using it? If you go to a restaurant and get food poisoning over and over, at some point you really should question your decision making.  My grandpa always said the first time is their fault, the second time is yours. There are a lot of options out there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:21:35 am »
So, you think they are giving you as an individual a bad deal? @WarmPotato

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 05:47:19 am »
So, you think they are giving you as an individual a bad deal? @WarmPotato

Not exactly, more that they are duplicitous and untrustworthy. In specific I'm worried about a developing trend - they demonetize people and drive people away from fulfilling their guidelines, people find sponsors outside of youtube, and then youtube gets zero cut and goes bankrupt, then a big public forum is gone. :/

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 03:15:56 pm »
All of Silicon Valley is run by raging SJWs. Acting like theres an alternative is just idiotic, there's only platforms that are too irrelevant for the left to care about censoring for now. YouTube is the big dog, and if you are trying to build a platform, it's basically required.

This is what all you "free market" goons don't get. The minute a platform get big enough to be relevant, Google or Facebook just buys it out, or it gets brought into the left wing fold by the overwhelming mobs and institutional groups that exert financial leverage on them.

I swear, some of you "conservatives" would be fine with being thrown into gulags as long they weren't run by the government.
Visit my website @ AmericanaPrime.com!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 03:18:54 pm »
All of Silicon Valley is run by raging SJWs. Acting like theres an alternative is just idiotic, there's only platforms that are too irrelevant for the left to care about censoring for now. YouTube is the big dog, and if you are trying to build a platform, it's basically required.

This is what all you "free market" goons don't get. The minute a platform get big enough to be relevant, Google or Facebook just buys it out, or it gets brought into the left wing fold by the overwhelming mobs and institutional groups that exert financial leverage on them.

I swear, some of you "conservatives" would be fine with being thrown into gulags as long they weren't run by the government.

Ahh.. 'free market goons'... There you have it folks..

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 03:47:48 pm »

No. You are basically making it required.
I am actively involved in this particular thing... PLENTY of homesteader and bushcraft channels are getting nixed too, right along with Christian and Conservative channels...
The approach we are working now is to build a private site, and post real vids on the site, using Youtube only for the ability to attract viewers - Putting up happy little 10 minute blurbs that can't possibly trigger the left, with an ability to join the mailing group to get notified of more in-depth videos which will be hosted off-youtube.

This is working out pretty good - It is a great monetizing method, as the private site is supported by advertisers that are directly desiring the site content. A knife company is going to pay more, and be happy, if the site is about bushcraft and hunting - A much better, and cheaper, and effective (so far) means, even though hit counts are much less - The hits that are there are far more likely to be interested in their product, than the shuffling advertising model of the giants, where most of the time, your ads are not in front of interested parties.

This is quintessentially a Conservative solution - It is distributed, self-reliant, and free (as in beer, and as in freedom).

I am speaking a bit prematurely, but another friend is working on a country version of 'Facebook', and already has investors. THAT is how you go up against these social media giants - On the field of battle! Not in courts and government regulations.

Holy crap, d00d. What 'conservative' is *for* federal regulation? This is what you federal regulation goons don't understand: Those same regulations will be used against YOU, soon enough. You are giving the government the right to censor. That is just plain dumb.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:52:49 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 04:13:32 pm »
What kind of “conservative” doesn’t conserve a damn thing? Conservatism is a failure, and has handed this country to the left because you weren’t willing to do what was necessary to win.

You’re lucky Trump came along to save some semblance of your failed ideology.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:17:55 pm by AmericanaPrime »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 04:28:55 pm »
What kind of “conservative” doesn’t conserve a damn thing? Conservatism is a failure, and has handed this country to the left because you weren’t willing to do what was necessary to win.

Bullshit.
Conservatism works, every time it's tried.
Anyone who would say it is a failed ideology doesn't know what it is.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 04:40:21 pm »

Conservatives, by design, are against big Government, Big Brother, the Thought Police, the Nanny state, etc.
So, what Trump is after is squashing dissent.
Be careful what you wish for.
The next democrat President (and their will be one again) may wish to squash dissent, also.

As for being lucky Trump is saving some semblance of our failed Ideology, I'll just through this out.
I've been alive since JFK.
Yes, I like the direction the country moves in when Republicans are in power over Democrats.
Oddly, enough, I've needed no saving by the Government.
Chances are, I'd need some saving from the Government, if things keep going the way they have  for the past 2-3 decades, regardless which party is in power.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:40:54 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 07:36:43 pm »

Are you sure you're on the correct Forum, @AmericanaPrime?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 08:19:00 pm »
Are you sure you're on the correct Forum, @AmericanaPrime?

I vote straight Republican, I just cannot stand scrubs that have some sort of losing fetish like most conservatives do.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 12:12:58 am »
I vote straight Republican, I just cannot stand scrubs that have some sort of losing fetish like most conservatives do.

Yeah... That's called a Republican, not a Conservative.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 07:23:09 pm »
Infighting is retarded. Lets just balance the budget, secure the border, THEN argue amongst outselves.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 07:52:14 pm »

Conservatism didn't fail.  It's the 70,000,000 brain dead entitlement loving slugs who made it fail.  "I want  my stuff and someone else pay for it"  is the monicker for the 21st century.

Trump with his last budget just made it worse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.