Author Topic: Calif. Passes Bill Eliminating Fossil Fuels By The Year 2045  (Read 3242 times)

Offline endicom

Calif. Passes Bill Eliminating Fossil Fuels By The Year 2045
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:14:39 pm »
OANN
OAN Newsroom
Aug. 29, 2018

California is one step closer to ending the use of fossil fuels. Its state assembly passed a bill 43-to-32 on Tuesday that would require the state to use 100-percent reusable energy by the year 2045.

The proposed legislation would compel electric utilities to use renewable sources for 60-percent of their power by 2030.

More... http://www.oann.com/calif-passes-bill-eliminating-fossil-fuels-by-the-year-2045/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Calif. Passes Bill Eliminating Fossil Fuels By The Year 2045
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:20:55 pm »
Racing head long to be the next 3rd world shithole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:26:48 pm »
Next they'll make the Official Language of California, Swedish.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 09:31:30 pm »
Unless natural gas and/or nuclear are counted as "reusable," that is not a reasonable goal.

OTOH maybe they plan to burn the stems and seeds, and call it "reusable."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 09:32:41 pm »
OANN
OAN Newsroom
Aug. 29, 2018

California is one step closer to ending the use of fossil fuels. Its state assembly passed a bill 43-to-32 on Tuesday that would require the state to use 100-percent reusable energy by the year 2045.

The proposed legislation would compel electric utilities to use renewable sources for 60-percent of their power by 2030.

More... http://www.oann.com/calif-passes-bill-eliminating-fossil-fuels-by-the-year-2045/

Good ....   cheaper energy costs for the other 49 states.

Oh...and btw dumbasses, enjoy the fruits of all the energy companies leaving with their tax payments and good paying jobs too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:44:20 pm »
 :mauslaff:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 09:49:32 pm »
"Make California North Korea"

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 12:06:51 am »

Come 2045 there is going to be a lot of rich gas station owners in western AZ, NV, and southern OR.

@thackney

Can you get to 69kv power generation without coal, gas, fuel oil, or nuclear?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:46 am »
Come 2045 there is going to be a lot of rich gas station owners in western AZ, NV, and southern OR.

@thackney

Can you get to 69kv power generation without coal, gas, fuel oil, or nuclear?

Most utility sized generators are ~13.8 kV or 34.5kV.  The transformers at the switch yard will step up to 69, 138, 345, 765kV or whatever.  Any fuel, no difference.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:49 am »
Not a problem for them. By 2045 they are all going to be riding burros anyway.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 12:58:21 am »
Good ....   cheaper energy costs for the other 49 states.

Oh...and btw dumbasses, enjoy the fruits of all the energy companies leaving with their tax payments and good paying jobs too.

@catfish1957

Communism only "works" when you have someone else to pay the bills.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 12:59:36 am »
Make California Mexico Again

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 12:59:37 am »

@dfwgator

More like Venezuela. Nobody speaks what passes for Spanish in NK.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 01:12:34 am »
Most utility sized generators are ~13.8 kV or 34.5kV.  The transformers at the switch yard will step up to 69, 138, 345, 765kV or whatever.  Any fuel, no difference.

@thackney

Sorry I wasn't clearer.  Can you concentrate enough energy (steam) to to spin the turbines to generate 13.8 or 34.5 kv without nuclear, fuel oil, gas, or coal?

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 01:17:47 am »
@thackney

Sorry I wasn't clearer.  Can you concentrate enough energy (steam) to to spin the turbines to generate 13.8 or 34.5 kv without nuclear, fuel oil, gas, or coal?

Voltage is determined by the construction, windings of the machine.  It really isn't tied to energy of the input to the system.  If it is a small power system, the economics get stupid for too high a voltage.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:18:27 am by thackney »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 01:18:44 am »
Maybe they can skip the middle man and just burn cash to spin the generator turbines.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:17 am »
Voltage is determined by the construction, windings of the machine.  It really isn't tied to energy of the input to the system.  If it is a small power system, the economics get stupid for too high a voltage.

Okay..  Can CA generate enough power for their grid without hydrocarbon or nuclear fuel.......?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:17 am »
@thackney

@catfish1957

Where are you going to get the steam from if you do that?

Offline thackney

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:41 am »
@thackney

There are utility sized generatorss using heat/turbines in solar, geothermal, etc...

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 01:25:12 am »
There are utility sized generatorss using heat/turbines in solar, geothermal, etc...

So you are saying that CA could feasibly meet their electric needs with just solar and geothermal?

Offline thackney

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 01:33:59 am »
Okay..  Can CA generate enough power for their grid without hydrocarbon or nuclear fuel.......?
Does the technology exist to make it happen?  I would say yes.  But it won't be economically or politically acceptable.  Massive battery systems, covering those coastal views with wind turbines, cover Death Valley in solar panels, etc.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 01:37:49 am »
Does the technology exist to make it happen?  I would say yes.  But it won't be economically or politically acceptable.  Massive battery systems, covering those coastal views with wind turbines, cover Death Valley in solar panels, etc.

Thanks.  I suspect CA will be buying pretty much most power their power from neighboring states.  Hate to guess what the average  cents / kwh will be for those poor saps.

Offline thackney

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 12:04:46 pm »
Thanks.  I suspect CA will be buying pretty much most power their power from neighboring states.  Hate to guess what the average  cents / kwh will be for those poor saps.

Some data:

In 2016, California ranked third in the nation in conventional hydroelectric generation, second in net electricity generation from all other renewable energy resources combined, and first as a producer of electricity from solar, geothermal, and  biomass resources.

California leads the nation in solar thermal electricity capacity and generation. In 2016, California had 73% of the nation's capacity and produced 71% of the nation's utility-scale electricity generation from solar thermal resources.

https://www.eia.gov/state/?sid=CA

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »
Some data:

In 2016, California ranked third in the nation in conventional hydroelectric generation, second in net electricity generation from all other renewable energy resources combined, and first as a producer of electricity from solar, geothermal, and  biomass resources.

So they are basically deep sixing roughly 30% of their generation.  Didn't know how they were able to claim that much hydroelectric.  Since Meade/Hoover doesn't even touch CA, I wonder how they are able to reap the benefits.

Still losing 30% is going to result in a very costly electricity import situation.  Californians who elect these idiots can enjoy the 20 cents/kwh rates all I care.

Online godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 01:05:26 pm »
Next they'll make the Official Language of California, Swedish.

And everyone will have to wear their underwear on the outside
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords