Author Topic: DeSantis warns Floridians not to "monkey this up" by electing Gillum  (Read 6119 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: DeSantis warns Floridians not to "monkey this up" by electing Gillum
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 05:45:37 pm »
Next the Usual Suspects appear on the Hub, telling us the GOP is racist, Nazi-like-, Hiitlerian. They will have already grabbed their dem talking points, from the media.

The notion of standing firm, not begging for forgiveness, not wilting, is alien to them.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 05:55:47 pm »
Next the Usual Suspects appear on the Hub, telling us the GOP is racist, Nazi-like-, Hiitlerian. They will have already grabbed their dem talking points, from the media.

The notion of standing firm, not begging for forgiveness, not wilting, is alien to them.

DeSantis will be on Shepard Smith's show at 2central..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 06:04:38 pm »
DeSantis will be on Shepard Smith's show at 2central..

Ah Jeez.  Not Shemp.  Someone call his office and tell him to cancel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 07:19:41 pm »
MSNBC guest says DeSantis should drop out: 'Might as well have just said the N-word'
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/404217-msnbc-guest-calls-on-desantis-to-drop-out-might-as-well-have-just-said-the-n
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 07:27:40 pm »
A rookie mistake? Are we now supposed to use the "M" word when talking about a certain zoo animal?

This is absurd.

Just a matter of time before Hoyle Playing Cards will be forced to rename one of the suits in the deck.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 08:13:15 pm »
I'm starting to agree with Trump: the media should not be shielded from lawsuits.  These "news" organizations have fabricated a racial slur and placed it in headlines.  Their actions are entirely malicious and defamatory.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 08:21:15 pm »
SHEP:  Is there anything you want to say about the reference to "monkeying" around with Gillum?

DeSANTIS: Please show me your video of the event where I say that?   Oh?   You don't have one??   Well I've got THIS one.  The one your production room won't air.  Eff you.   I will see you in court.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2018, 09:03:56 pm »
SHEP:  Is there anything you want to say about the reference to "monkeying" around with Gillum?

DeSANTIS: Please show me your video of the event where I say that?   Oh?   You don't have one??   Well I've got THIS one.  The one your production room won't air.  Eff you.   I will see you in court.

I can't stomach watching Shepard Smith.  Did DeSantis really say that to Shep?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 09:46:09 pm »
The saying "throw a monkey wrench into the works," has no, zero, zip racial connotation.

It comes from a British sayin, about throwing a "Spanner" into the works.

a "spanner" is British for wrench.

"Monkey it up,," or "monkey up the works," have no racial connotation.

The candidate ought to simply say this.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 09:48:12 pm »
The saying "throw a monkey wrench into the works," has no, zero, zip racial connotation.

It comes from a British sayin, about throwing a "Spanner" into the works.

a "spanner" is British for wrench.

"Monkey it up,," or "monkey up the works," have no racial connotation.

The candidate ought to simply say this.

Stop "Monkeying around" T/S

Offline corbe

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:28 pm »
    The MSM loves to portray us Southerners as a bunch of racist hicks, when in fact we have progressed quite a bit in the 153 years since the 'War of Northern Aggression' has ended.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 10:32:31 pm »

You guys are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 11:00:26 pm »
Monkey Wrench is the reason I switched to Ogg Vorbis.  I just never could get an mp3 rip that would do it justice. 

Guess I'm a racist, then.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 11:03:05 pm »
You guys are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

They say Monkey see, monkey do.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 11:04:02 pm »
Did DeSantis also say Gillum was articulate? No kidding here, "articulate" also has a history......really, I did not know this. Maybe a long time ago with Biden calling Obama that, I might have heard a little but websearch "articulate" and "racist" and you do get results. It might be more of a nuisance than "racist".

On Being Called Articulate
By JOHN MCWHORTER | February 9, 2007
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook6Share to PrintShare to TumblrShare to TwitterShare to More8

Of the alphabetical sequence of adjectives famously applied to Barack Obama by Joseph Biden, bright and clean were awkward enough, but the one that got under my skin was articulate.

Educated black people such as myself are often called "articulate," and it's irritating. Contrary to popular misconception, it isn't racist, but it's still a nuisance.

There has been a flurry of commentary on Mr. Biden's use of the word in the press and blogosphere to the effect that when a white person calls a black one articulate, he means "for a black person." That is, presumably, white people think all black people speak street-corner "Ebonics," blind to the legions of middle-class and affluent blacks around them speaking Standard English. This blindness is, we are to assume, because of racism.

But the linguistic facts here tell a different story. While only some black people dwell in Ebonics 24/7, the vast majority flows in and out of Black English as various social contexts demand.

More at: https://www.nysun.com/opinion/on-being-called-articulate/48389/

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:04:58 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 11:08:11 pm »
Gillum wants a 40% corporate tax rate and probably a lot of other stuff, that will get him creamed in the elections I think. There would be no reason to resort to doing other things.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 11:15:15 pm »
To the liberal press everything is an "African American" in the woodpile.

And Then There Were None -- Agatha Christie
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 11:49:15 pm »
Does this mean that one of McLame's Pallbearers is a racist?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 11:50:06 pm »
Does this mean that one of McLame's Pallbearers is a racist?

Nice catch.  That needs to be on Twitter.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2018, 12:08:11 am »
I've never heard the term 'monkey this up'. So I looked it up on the internet and could not find an example of anyone else saying, 'don't monkey this up'. It seems to be something that DeSantis made up himself. I have never heard it before, and I can't find any example of it anywhere.

This had to be some kind of Freudian thing. Why would anyone in their right mind say something so stupid about a Black opponent. It makes no sense at all.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:31:37 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2018, 12:16:56 am »
I've never heard the term 'monkey this up'. So I looked it up on the internet and could not find an example of anyone else saying, 'don't monkey this up'. It seems to be something that DeSantis made up himself. I have never heard it before, and I can't find any example of it anywhere.

This had to be some kind of Freudian thing. Why would anyone in their right mind say something so stupid about a Black opponent. I makes no sense at all.

Well I don't know where you are from but when I was growing up, "don't monkey it up" was what you said in polite company rather than "don't F(u)ck it up".  So based on his usage I'd say that is what he meant, but was being polite.   

Offline corbe

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2018, 12:17:06 am »
   'Don't Monkey it up' is something your Granpaw told you because Grandmaw would slap the $hit out of him if he said 'Don't Screw it up, Son'. 
    In my Southern upbringing anyway.   
    Must confess, I always liked it when Granmaw slapped the $hit out of Granpaw.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2018, 12:31:23 am »
OK. I am happy to defer to the experts. I thought I knew most of the Andy Griffith down home sayings but I must have missed this one. Thanks for clarifying it for me. I was genuinely confused by this.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2018, 02:28:10 am »
"Don't muck it up" and... I thought to avoid dropping an "f" bomb, he might have said it the way he did. Who knows? As I said earlier, he seems to be a man of integrity, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.