Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke yard signs are everywhere. Where are Ted Cruz’s?  (Read 812 times)

Online corbe

Beto O’Rourke yard signs are everywhere. Where are Ted Cruz’s?

As O'Rourke's yard signs are popping up in neighborhoods around the state, frustrated Cruz supporters are having trouble finding ones promoting the current U.S. senator's re-election bid. Until recently, that was by design, according to Cruz's camp.

by Abby Livingston and Patrick Svitek Aug. 29, 2018

GEORGETOWN – The conversation unfolding before a campaign event for U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz here last week echoed similar ones popping up among Republican groups around Texas. With a mixture of frustration and bewilderment, attendees were discussing the proliferation of black-and-white yard signs in their neighborhoods brandishing a single four-letter-word: BETO.

The signs have become a signature calling card of Democrat Beto O'Rourke's bid to unseat Cruz. While Democrats posting yard signs for candidates is nothing new, even when it happens in some of Texas' most conservative conclaves, what's been different this summer is the extent to which O'Rourke's signs have seemingly dominated the landscape in some neighborhoods.

Meanwhile, Cruz signs are far tougher to spot, and many Cruz supporters have become increasingly agitated at their inability to obtain signs to counter what they see on their daily drives.

Once the event in Georgetown got started, one of the earlier speakers — a candidate for county office — jokingly pleaded with the crowd to quit asking him for Cruz signs because he could not provide them.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/29/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-yard-signs/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Yard signs?  We don't need no stinkin' yard signs.

Liberals just love their yard signs,  it's their way of virtue signaling.  Conservatives tend to frown on those kinds of things.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When I was really active with the RNC in the early 2000s, I went to several sponsored trainings on the psychology of the ground game and one of the biggest points was the importance of signs and bumper stickers. It both created a connection with other voters in the area, making them feel like a team, but it also made the opponent's base feel disempowered by seeing overwhelming messages from the other side. It also got the average citizen talking to his neighbors as they passed out signs. On balance, it is also extremely cost effective.

This is a huge blunder.

Offline dfwgator

When I was really active with the RNC in the early 2000s, I went to several sponsored trainings on the psychology of the ground game and one of the biggest points was the importance of signs and bumper stickers. It both created a connection with other voters in the area, making them feel like a team, but it also made the opponent's base feel disempowered by seeing overwhelming messages from the other side. It also got the average citizen talking to his neighbors as they passed out signs. On balance, it is also extremely cost effective.

This is a huge blunder.

I think a lot has changed since the early 2000s,  heck a lot has changed since 2012.  Look no further than the fact that Trump won that there has been a sea change in the way political campaigns are run.

Online corbe

They are so scarce that even your crazy Cruzer neighbors will be reappropriating them if the liberals don't steal them first.  I'm gonna do something today I've never done, swing by the County GOP headquarters and see if I can't score one and hang it high in my gable so all the Trumpers can see it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I think a lot has changed since the early 2000s,  heck a lot has changed since 2012.  Look no further than the fact that Trump won that there has been a sea change in the way political campaigns are run.

But even Trump played this game. The campaign dumped MAGA stickers and hats everywhere. At that, Trump's campaign is a good example that the 'team' sport and that type of psychology tactic really hasn't changed.

Offline Frank Cannon

People were painting the side of their barns with Trump Pence in 16. They are still maintaining them. Yard signs and bumper stickers are always going to be a main component in getting names out there and showing support. The fact that Cruz is having to take questions about the lack of signage from supporters on the stump shows what a huge eff up this is.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:15:54 pm by Frank Cannon »