Author Topic: New Poll Shows Almost No Daylight Between Ted Cruz And Beto O’Rourke; Abbott Up Big  (Read 13386 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Huh?

Last I looked Cruz won the second most delegates out of a 2016 GOP field of 17.  Try again.

See Frank's post for the numbers.

And yes, Cruz sucks at retail politics.  Want to argue about this?  Then tell me what Ted's platform is.  What's the fire in his belly --- what is he promising to work on without sleeping until it passes?   Tell me how this will affect MY life, MY fortune, MY safety.

Tell me what would make me stand in a line of thousands at midnight -- in the November cold --- just to hear him speak and give him the support he needs to cross the finish line victorious.

@catfish1957

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia   It's not a matter of pride.  Ted does not need Trump's help in Texas.

As for Trump, he should be helping Ted, and also praying that Ted wins.  Out of all the primary opponents Trump had, Ted Cruz has ended up being the fairest to the Trump administration.

All of his other opponents hate his guts and don't hesitate to say so.

You're spinning so fast here @Emjay  that *I'm* feeling queasy.   Which is it  Cruz doesn't need the President's help, or the President should be helping Cruz?  Are you seriously saying the President should fly to Texas and say, "I'm here to help you even though you don't need or want it????"

Damn it, I hope this thread turns out to be wholly unnecessary.  I hope Ted Cruz is HALF as magnificent at you and others claim.  And I hope he doesn't lose the damn seat.

That's it. It's too crazy.  I'm out.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
See Frank's post for the numbers.

And yes, Cruz sucks at retail politics.  Want to argue about this?  Then tell me what Ted's platform is.  What's the fire in his belly --- what is he promising to work on without sleeping until it passes?   Tell me how this will affect MY life, MY fortune, MY safety.

Tell me what would make me stand in a line of thousands at midnight -- in the November cold --- just to hear him speak and give him the support he needs to cross the finish line victorious.

@catfish1957

As long as he wins, and rest assured he will, I don't give a damn about his campaign style!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You're spinning so fast here @Emjay  that *I'm* feeling queasy.   Which is it  Cruz doesn't need the President's help, or the President should be helping Cruz?  Are you seriously saying the President should fly to Texas and say, "I'm here to help you even though you don't need or want it????"

Damn it, I hope this thread turns out to be wholly unnecessary.  I hope Ted Cruz is HALF as magnificent at you and others claim.  And I hope he doesn't lose the damn seat.

That's it. It's too crazy.  I'm out.

I don't know what I meant.  I've forgotten what I ever meant.  Goodbye and good luck.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

As long as he wins, and rest assured he will, I don't give a damn about his campaign style!

Yeah, but the fact that it is debatable is a problem. Cornyn is a straight up establishment stooge and all around clown and he won his last race by 62%. Ted has this thing down to a 5 point race. There are structural problems here that only the candidate can address.

If Ted can't inspire folks to stand in line to vote for him he is in trouble.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Put that in the bank!

It's not even Labor Day yet and the hand-wringing is making me ROFLMAO!!!

@Bigun

It's a game every campaign plays to try to bring in contributions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

I'm not sure if Ted is doing anything wrong.  He has always said this would be a competitive race.  Trump is unpopular in the southwest, and he is a drag on the congressional races.  Republican senate candidates are losing in Arizona and Nevada, with several house seats endangered as well.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yeah, but the fact that it is debatable is a problem. Cornyn is a straight up establishment stooge and all around clown and he won his last race by 62%. Ted has this thing down to a 5 point race. There are structural problems here that only the candidate can address.

@Frank Cannon

No matter how many times you repeat that bull shit it will still be bull shit.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Your buddy Soros is pumping a fortune into this race.  That should tell you something about how dangerous the left considers Ted Cruz to be.

John Cornyn is a bland disappointment but okay, but Ted Cruz is a real threat to the left.

If you can't see that, it is amazing to me.  Did Ted hurt your feelings?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The first time Ted Cruz ran for Senate, the whole establishment of Texas politics was against him and he had a popular, establishment-supported opponent.

He won easily and he will again.

Offline Frank Cannon

Your buddy Soros is pumping a fortune into this race.  That should tell you something about how dangerous the left considers Ted Cruz to be.

John Cornyn is a bland disappointment but okay, but Ted Cruz is a real threat to the left.

If you can't see that, it is amazing to me.  Did Ted hurt your feelings?

They are running a throw away frat boy candidate. That's how much they care about the seat. Cruz is just obliging them by running a shitty low energy campaign with no message.

I'll ask you again since you are too obtuse to comprehend the first or second time. What the eff is Teds message? What is he telling voters that will make them vote for him. I can't find anything and his website is a generic cut and paste mess.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

No matter how many times you repeat that bull shit it will still be bull shit.

I'm not the one with a candidate that is consistently underpolling.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They are running a throw away frat boy candidate. That's how much they care about the seat. Cruz is just obliging them by running a shitty low energy campaign with no message.

I'll ask you again since you are too obtuse to comprehend the first or second time. What the eff is Teds message? What is he telling voters that will make them vote for him. I can't find anything and his website is a generic cut and paste mess.

He's telling them "Promises made!  Promises kept"  and that's all he has to say.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

So Beto likes to be spanked?

https://vimeo.com/42664332

Offline skeeter

What can any congressional incumbent claim to have done during the past term? The braindead GOP leadership is the critical path - not one can claim any more than can Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not the one with a candidate that is consistently underpolling.

Breathe, Frank, breathe.  As Ted Cruz said to Donald during a debate.  Donald was positively sputtering with rage because Cruz was making a good point, and, of course, he interrupted.

Everyone laughed at Trump when Ted said that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Emjay

Maybe Soros thinks Cruz is a gnat,but sees this as preventative medicine to keep him from ever becoming a bird of prey? Right now it won't cost him that much to squash Cruz. If he wins again,it is going to both harder and more expensive to stop him the next time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Maybe Soros thinks Cruz is a gnat,but sees this as preventative medicine to keep him from ever becoming a bird of prey? Right now it won't cost him that much to squash Cruz. If he wins again,it is going to both harder and more expensive to stop him the next time.

Who knows?  Cruz was a viable candidate last time and maybe they're afraid of an eventual Cruz Presidency.

It's kind of ironic that, although I have been a Trump supporter ever since he was elected, avid Trump supporters are furious with Ted Cruz and maybe me for supporting him.

It's like a red flag to a bull. 

Offline corbe

The affirmation the Trumpers gain with a Cruz loss will carry them through till 2020.   Another FOE vanquished!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline thackney

@Bigun

It's a game every campaign plays to try to bring in contributions.

Exactly.  Cruz benefits from the race being sold as too-close-to-call.  So does Beto.  Why would either side want it to be portrayed differently in the media?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Exactly.  Cruz benefits from the race being sold as too-close-to-call.  So does Beto.  Why would either side want it to be portrayed differently in the media?

And that is exactly why they almost never make their honest internal polls public.  If they put out a poll that shows them 20 points up the money dries up and the same thing happens the other way around.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Check this out and tell me Paddy has a chance i hell of defeating Ted in November.

Well the TX AG looks well positioned to take on Beto since he is bringing up this issue and slamming the Rats with it. Couldn't find Ted's name anywhere in that. I'll give it another read to see if I missed it.

Offline jpsb

If I remember correctly, Cruz also had Palin campaigning with/for him.  Is she helping now?

Palin elected Ted Cruz.

Offline thackney

Well the TX AG looks well positioned to take on Beto since he is bringing up this issue and slamming the Rats with it. Couldn't find Ted's name anywhere in that. I'll give it another read to see if I missed it.

Sen. Ted Cruz talks immigration, Beto O’Rourke during Corpus Christi stop
https://kristv.com/news/local-news/2018/08/20/sen-ted-cruz-talks-immigration-beto-orourke-during-corpus-christi-stop/

...Cruz spoke on a number of issues, including immigration.

“You know, I have many times summed up my views on immigration in four words: Legal, good. Illegal, bad,” Cruz told the crowd.

Immigration reform was just one of the hot topics the senator discussed during his
Corpus Christi stop.

“This election is about jobs, it’s about securing the border, and it’s about protecting our constitutional rights,”  Cruz said....

- - - - - - - - - -

Ted Cruz seizes on Beto O’Rourke’s willingness to consider abolishing ICE
https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-seizes-on-Beto-O-Rourke-s-13055048.php

...“I’ve been the leading defender in the Senate of securing the border, building the wall, of keeping this country safe and stopping illegal immigration,” Cruz said in Longview in northeast Texas as part of an 11-city tour through the state this week. “In contrast, my opponent Democrat Beto O’Rourke supports sanctuary cities, supports open borders, and just this week he said he was ‘open to abolishing ICE.”...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:53:55 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer