Author Topic: New Poll Shows Almost No Daylight Between Ted Cruz And Beto O’Rourke; Abbott Up Big  (Read 13502 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

@Emjay

You don't turn down a debate invite if you're far behind.  You turn it down when you've got a good chance of winning and don't want to take the chance of blowing it.

Hey. Someone just got BINGO!!!!

yogi555

Online corbe

If I remember correctly, Cruz also had Palin campaigning with/for him.  Is she helping now?

Yes @Right_in_Virginia you are correct, Rubio also showed up.  Your Guy was pre occupied with the De Blassio election in NY, so couldn't make an appearance.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

@Emjay

You don't turn down a debate invite if you're far behind.  You turn it down when you've got a good chance of winning and don't want to take the chance of blowing it.

I Agree.
I hate to say that, as a Cruz supporter.
The only one who gets anything out of the debate would be Cruz.
However, I do think Cruz needs to make a lot of noise about the debate being called off.
Turn it around on O'Reiily.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yes @Right_in_Virginia you are correct, Rubio also showed up.  Your Guy was pre occupied with the De Blassio election in NY, so couldn't make an appearance.

Well if it wasn't for the President of the United State Donald Trump your flailing one term soon to be ex-Senator Ted Cruz wouldn't have any horsepower behind his race. All his old friends seem to be busy this go round.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I really don't think you're in a position to throw the snark around.  I don't want to lose the seat, and neither does "my guy".  So, get busy doing something worthwhile.

Online corbe

Palin is on her way to Texas, unfortunately we lost all contact with her somewhere around Montana, @roamer_1 is definitely a person of interest in her disappearance.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

Palin is on her way to Texas, unfortunately we lost all contact with her somewhere around Montana, @roamer_1 is definitely a person of interest in her disappearance.

:cool:

Online corbe

I really don't think you're in a position to throw the snark around.  I don't want to lose the seat, and neither does "my guy".  So, get busy doing something worthwhile.

Stop it @corbe.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:55:20 am by Mod5 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm calling a spade a spade. I have worked in state campaigns before and Teds has all the earmarks of trouble and he isn't doing a damn thing about it. Just today one of the Texas people here who is active in the party told us that Ted is making folks BUY yard signs. You are living is dream land if you think some politician who looks like a stiff on the stump and gives long winded Constitutional lectures with no tangible achievements under his belt is looking strong no matter how red the state is.

Obviously, you have never seen Ted Cruz on the stump or at forums where he interacts with constituents.  I have seen him call a mortal enemy up to the stage to discuss an issue with him and turned that enemy into a friend and supporter.

It's not only Texas that is at risk.  Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are two of the best people in the Senate.  I like Rand Paul also but he is not as consistently conservative as Ted is.

That rumor about Ted making people buy yard signs was probably started by Beto's people.  I am ashamed that an ordinarily level-headed guy like you fell for it.

The first time Ted ran for the Senate, he was a virtual unknown in state politics and had a very popular opponent who was an in-guy in Texas politics.  Ted beat the guy easily.

I think it is out of state money and propaganda that is driving this race.  Ted Cruz is everything the left is not and they cannot stand it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey. Someone just got BINGO!!!!

yogi555

Not really.  Beto is not at all knowledgeable about the issues.  He is afraid to debate Cruz and he should be.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah @corbe ... She was here... Word got out that I was making my world famous Baloney, Pickles, and Cheese sammiches, and everybody for miles around comes arunnin.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@libertybele

How and why did this happen? Makes no real sense to me,other than the (most likely) very remote chance his supporters hold him running for President against him.

I think a few of Ted Cruz 'enemies' are doing just that.  It is a real shame because Ted Cruz never took the low road in the primaries and Trump was vicious and unfair to him.

In spite of that, Ted Cruz has been totally fair to Trump and his Presidency and, if he holds any grudges, he's kept it private.

That is not true of most of Trump's primary opponents.  Most of them still hate him and refuse to support him.  I cannot understand why Ted Cruz does not get respect from some of the most fervent Trump supporters.

Offline Frank Cannon

Obviously, you have never seen Ted Cruz on the stump or at forums where he interacts with constituents.  I have seen him call a mortal enemy up to the stage to discuss an issue with him and turned that enemy into a friend and supporter.

It's not only Texas that is at risk.  Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are two of the best people in the Senate.  I like Rand Paul also but he is not as consistently conservative as Ted is.

That rumor about Ted making people buy yard signs was probably started by Beto's people.  I am ashamed that an ordinarily level-headed guy like you fell for it.

The first time Ted ran for the Senate, he was a virtual unknown in state politics and had a very popular opponent who was an in-guy in Texas politics.  Ted beat the guy easily.

I think it is out of state money and propaganda that is driving this race.  Ted Cruz is everything the left is not and they cannot stand it.

You are out of touch. Just look at the how he failed miserably on his Presidential run. Trump was filling stadiums while Cruz couldn't fill town halls. You may love Cruz's long winded speeches to nowhere. No one else does. We have tangible proof of that with actual election results. Ted has likability problems out the ass.

BTW it wasn't some rumor about the yard signs from Beto people. It was one of our people who actually lives there and is involved in the process...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,329734.msg1779035.html#msg1779035

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If I remember correctly, Cruz also had Palin campaigning with/for him.  Is she helping now?

@Right_in_Virginia   Disappointed that you would bring that up since it is an obvious ploy to make Ted Cruz look bad.  Very disappointed.

Offline Frank Cannon

In spite of that, Ted Cruz has been totally fair to Trump and his Presidency and, if he holds any grudges, he's kept it private.

I guess you were in bed when Ted gave his embarrassing speech at the Convention.

Online corbe

I guess you were in bed when Ted gave his embarrassing speech at the Convention.

You obviously have not read Green Eggs and Ham @Frank Cannon, 'Vote your Conscience' is on page 8.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ya know, I am taking a risk here because I am already in big trouble with one of the Mods, but I fail to understand why an important Senate race in Texas gets moved out of politics and into the Texas forum where nobody will ever see it. 

Am I wrong but didn't we have about 100 threads about an Alabama election and Roy Moore that stayed in 'politics' for weeks?

Offline Frank Cannon

Ya know, I am taking a risk here because I am already in big trouble with one of the Mods, but I fail to understand why an important Senate race in Texas gets moved out of politics and into the Texas forum where nobody will ever see it. 

Am I wrong but didn't we have about 100 threads about an Alabama election and Roy Moore that stayed in 'politics' for weeks?

That's my fault. I asked the Mods to move it, but I asked them to move it to the New Jersey section because it is a Cruz story and NJ is the closest state we have to Canada.

Online corbe

I don't agree with the current policy regarding Cruz Threads either @Emjay, since he's such a puppet of Goldman Sachs all his stuff should be in the Business/Economy Category or Scandal.

Offline DB

I don't agree with the current policy regarding Cruz Threads either @Emjay, since he's such a puppet of Goldman Sachs all his stuff should be in the Business/Economy Category or Scandal.

Who wants a turncoat lying Goldman Sachs puppet with an ugly wife in the Senate anyway?

Was there anyone more hated by Trump supporters? I can't think of anyone.

More "winning"! MAGA!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Ha, ha @corbe   But everyone knows this race is important nationally.  I do not agree with moving it to Texas.  The only reason it got as many responses as it did was that the Mods didn't butt in for a while.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I couldn't agree more.  I've been a Cruz supporter for sometime, but unfortunately, the guy is in trouble.  He won't get any support from his fellow GOP ... I thought he asked Trump for some help.  Looks like he's not going to get it.

Thanks for this story. I’m sending him a few dollars today. Ted. Not the other guy, I do like Ted.
I hope he’ll send me a button.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
That's my fault. I asked the Mods to move it, but I asked them to move it to the New Jersey section because it is a Cruz story and NJ is the closest state we have to Canada.

Ummm. I would think NY over NJ? Or NH or Vermont? Isn’t Bernie from Vermont?

But that gives me an idea. Bubbles for Congress! (Or Ricky or Julian)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:59:26 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia   Disappointed that you would bring that up since it is an obvious ploy to make Ted Cruz look bad.  Very disappointed.

It's a reminder that Cruz had a lot of help when he "kicked arse" as Corbe said in 2012, 

I hope Cruz is not too proud to ask for help if he needs it now @Emjay   If he is, *this* should be what disappoints you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
IMHO (and I don't live in TX) this is THE most important election in 2018...TX goes blue and I believe the rest of the country will follow.

Texas isn't going blue.  Look at the numbers in the governor's race for proof of that.   This race is a referendum on Cruz -  a guy who rubs lots of folks the wrong way.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide