Author Topic: New Poll Shows Almost No Daylight Between Ted Cruz And Beto O’Rourke; Abbott Up Big  (Read 13383 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That and what the candidate is saying. Even if the polls are total shit, you cannot tell me there isn't a massive undervote for Ted in this polling. Abbott is doing exactly how you would expect a popular Red state Gov would do in a Red State. Why is Cruz so far behind him?

He's not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

That and what the candidate is saying. Even if the polls are total shit, you cannot tell me there isn't a massive undervote for Ted in this polling. Abbott is doing exactly how you would expect a popular Red state Gov would do in a Red State. Why is Cruz so far behind him?

My best guess @Frank Cannon :  Trump, the fiercest of all warriors,  didn't spend 18 months saying BS about "Absent Minded Abbott'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

My best guess @Frank Cannon :  Trump, the fiercest of all warriors,  didn't spend 18 months saying BS about "Absent Minded Abbott'.

I thought all you Texans hated Trump? You telling me some shitbag New Yawka is throwing shade on your hometown boy and your buying it?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I thought all you Texans hated Trump? You telling me some shitbag New Yawka is throwing shade on your hometown boy and your buying it?

Like you said...  Cruz ran a pathetic 2nd place.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

I have bought nothing from no arrogant Yankee!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Like you said...  Cruz ran a pathetic 2nd place.

Running a bad national campaign is way different than running a bad state wide campaign* especially since his is an incumbent. They are two different things. The yard sign/bumper sticker issue still has me worried. It's a terrible move.

*See Scott Walker.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

Ahhhh,I see you already have your alibi in place in case Teddy Boy loses. If he loses it will be TRUMP's fault,not HIS fault.

Got it.

And you DARE to call anyone else a groupie?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

@sneakypete There is no doubt in my mind Sen. Cruz will win reelection in Texas, not by the 15~20% I dreamed about 6 months ago but comfortable enough, 5~8% and my second promise to you, My Friend, is if he does lose it rests on his shoulders ONLY,  not anyone else.

$20 to TBR kitty on this.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   @sneakypete There is no doubt in my mind Sen. Cruz will win reelection in Texas, not by the 15~20% I dreamed about 6 months ago but comfortable enough, 5~8% and my second promise to you, My Friend, is if he does lose it rests on his shoulders ONLY,  not anyone else.

$20 to TBR kitty on this.

@corbe

It makes not one iota of difference if he wins with 99 percent of the vote or 1 percent of the vote. A win is a win,and a loss is a loss.

Online corbe

He'll Win.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
  He'll Win.

@corbe

Not in Texas if THAT photo were circulated or put on campaign signs.

Online corbe

Texas is a BIG State, this is where Men are Men and sheep are scared.  Everyone has a BIG belt buckle/Hat and an Ford F150, Texas Edition. Takes the heat off us hippies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
    Texas is a BIG State, this is where Men are Men and sheep are scared.  Everyone has a BIG belt buckle/Hat and an Ford F150, Texas Edition. Takes the heat off us hippies.

@corbe   You forgot the rifle in the back of that F150.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Texas is a BIG State, this is where Men are Men and sheep are scared. Everyone has a BIG belt buckle/Hat and an Ford F150, Texas Edition. Takes the heat off us hippies.
Not everyone here is a Texas Aggie.  Lots of us offer sheep safe passage.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not everyone here is a Texas Aggie.  Lots of us offer sheep safe passage.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Besides,only girls drive F-150's. People that need trucks drive 3/4 ton or larger,preferably diesel-powered

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@corbe @Frank Cannon

Since you seem to like this sort of thing.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
At the end of the day...IMHO...Robert Francis O'Rourke will end up in the same trash heap of failed Liberal candidates that Abortion Barbie now resides in.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
At the end of the day...IMHO...Robert Francis O'Rourke will end up in the same trash heap of failed Liberal candidates that Abortion Barbie now resides in.

Don't be cocksure.  If the SAME POLL that shows Cruz and O'Rourke tied shows Abbott leading by double digits,  that's a sure sign that Cruz is in trouble.   And when the poll shows in excess of 20 percent are undecided,  that spells even more trouble because a well-known incumbent like Cruz would never have such a high percentage of undecideds if he were in fact sailing to re-election.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Don't be cocksure.  If the SAME POLL that shows Cruz and O'Rourke tied shows Abbott leading by double digits,  that's a sure sign that Cruz is in trouble.   And when the poll shows in excess of 20 percent are undecided,  that spells even more trouble because a well-known incumbent like Cruz would never have such a high percentage of undecideds if he were in fact sailing to re-election.

Polls showed Kerry beating Bush...Clinton beating Trump.  How much stock do you really want to put into polls?

David Dewhurst at one point was so far ahead of Cruz 6 years ago that Ted's poll numbers were at 15%.

How did that work out for David Dewhurst.  The vast majority of Texans reject Liberalism.  We have small pockets that are Liberal enclaves...buy by and large the state is bright red.  And we don't like all the Hollyweird types pouring money in from out of state.

Outsiders from northern states don't really understand Texas politics.

But it's fun watching you try to prognosticate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Jazzhead

I seriously doubt it. Cruz still has the same supporters he had before. Those people are locked in,and there were enough of them to put him in office. The odds of O'Rourke pulling in all the remaining votes is next to zero.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
LOL. That's bullshit and you know it. No rules were changed.
Granted that North Dakota is not exactly considered a political powerhouse, but the reason the map shows North Dakota in Black was rule changes that stopped any presidential primary in the state. The National GOP changed the rules and PooF! No primary.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Polls showed Kerry beating Bush...Clinton beating Trump.  How much stock do you really want to put into polls?

David Dewhurst at one point was so far ahead of Cruz 6 years ago that Ted's poll numbers were at 15%.

How did that work out for David Dewhurst.  The vast majority of Texans reject Liberalism.  We have small pockets that are Liberal enclaves...buy by and large the state is bright red.  And we don't like all the Hollyweird types pouring money in from out of state.

Outsiders from northern states don't really understand Texas politics.

But it's fun watching you try to prognosticate.
Sadly, any more, I think the purpose of polls is to set the point spread in the voters minds, so when the fraud takes the tally there, no one cries foul.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I heard Beto dropped out of a debate this weekend
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

I seriously doubt it. Cruz still has the same supporters he had before. Those people are locked in,and there were enough of them to put him in office. The odds of O'Rourke pulling in all the remaining votes is next to zero.

Fine.  Then be cocksure.   No skin off of my nose.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide