Author Topic: Another Poll shows Cruz - O'Rourke race near dead even. (Emerson)  (Read 2799 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Don't know the level of bias of this particular poll, (and an e-poll at that)but possibly this thing has gotten tight.  (Cruz +1). Reference prior close polls.  Add the fact, this same poll shows Abbott blowing away his competition as expected......   This poll may not be party biased.

Apparently the dupes out there have forgotten how badly the dims used to represent our state, and don't recognize the slick folksy car salesman like snow job he is giving.  Add the fact the MSM is eating this up like cake. 

Time to reenergize.

https://www.emerson.edu/sites/default/files/Files/Academics/ecp-tx-aug2018-pr.pdf

Boston, MA (August 27, 2018) --- A new Emerson College e-Poll finds the US Senate race neck and neck with Senator Ted Cruz at 38% and US Rep Beto O’Rourke at 37%..........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Another Poll shows Cruz - O'Rourke race near dead even. (Emerson)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 06:42:36 pm »
The poll is heavy on women and Millennials, light on seniors, so even if they turnout according to that sample, O'Rourke still loses.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 06:45:08 pm »
The poll is heavy on women and Millennials, light on seniors, so even if they turnout according to that sample, O'Rourke still loses.

Noticed that too.  But am not liking the trend.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 07:21:33 pm »
Noticed that too.  But am not liking the trend.

I would like to see a poll done with traditional turnout rates. I'm guessing Cruz would be up 5 to 10.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 07:29:29 pm »
Way to go Ted. That failed run for President really help your street cred out in the state. You are now even with a fake Hispanic frat boy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 07:32:14 pm »
ROFLMFAO!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 07:37:11 pm »
ROFLMFAO!!!

Listen. Laugh all you want but the candidate himself is whining to anyone that will listen that he is in trouble and from what I see Beatoff has convinced a large portion of the Hispanics down there that he is one of them.

I don't have a good feeling about this race and consistent tight polling where it should be a GOP runaway isn't helping any.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 07:39:03 pm »
Listen. Laugh all you want but the candidate himself is whining to anyone that will listen that he is in trouble and from what I see Beatoff has convinced a large portion of the Hispanics down there that he is one of them.

I don't have a good feeling about this race and consistent tight polling where it should be a GOP runaway isn't helping any.

Of course he is.  It's a perfect fundraising tactic and it generally works very well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 07:46:12 pm »
Time to reenergize.....

Good luck with that. I mentioned this on a few threads but I was at a local RNC meeting a few months back and they are having trouble getting any volunteers. From filling office positions to people putting out signs. People are loud online but when it comes to breaking a sweat, the just don't show. The local 'We the People' Tea Party group has all but dissolved, mostly due to infighting and 'social' stuff.  On top of that, the local LP is very active with young people, I've seen 4-5 Neal Dikeman signs go up in the past week to 1 Cruz sign and dozens of Beto signs.

One other thing I recently found out, the Cruz campaign is not providing signs to many precincts, anyone who wants one has to buy it, unlike the DNC that seems to be dumping a lot and are passing them out like candy.

The demographics presume a Cruz win, but turn out can make a difference, especially in a sub five point race.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:48:04 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:55 pm »
Of course he is.  It's a perfect fundraising tactic and it generally works very well.

I don't know about you but this thing screams Rick Santorum Part 2. One term Senator who got distracted with stuff not related to his state is now paying the piper.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 07:57:00 pm »

What bothers me the most is that Abbott is beating the sh__ out of his opponents in every one of the same polls, so I don't buy the party or voter profile bias story.
This thing is closer than we want it to be.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 07:58:59 pm »

One other thing I recently found out, the Cruz campaign is not providing signs to many precincts, anyone who wants one has to buy it,

Buy a sign?  You gotta be shitting me.  Ugh......

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 08:01:03 pm »
What bothers me the most is that Abbott is beating the sh__ out of his opponents in every one of the same polls, so I don't buy the party or voter profile bias story.
This thing is closer than we want it to be.

Abbot's opponent is doing squat and she is not likable. Francis is playing to the youth and going town to town, door to door. I see people I never would have guessed would support him saying they are.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 08:01:10 pm »

I've seen a few rope-a-dope campaigns backfire.  I hope that's not the strategy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 08:17:05 pm »
Buy a sign?  You gotta be shitting me.  Ugh......

Finding that out is shocking. Signs and bumper stickers is job number one when running for election/reelection. Where is Cruz spending his money if not for that?

Offline ABX

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 08:20:56 pm »
Finding that out is shocking. Signs and bumper stickers is job number one when running for election/reelection. Where is Cruz spending his money if not for that?

Someone is paying for it, the question is who. Usually in high profile senate races like this, the State or National party does. In local races, the candidate does (via donations or out of pocket).

This could be a sign that the national party or candidate is confident (overly so?) that it isn't necessary, the $$ isn't there (Cruz is getting beaten in fundraising which is crazy for a Republican in Texas*), or they are choosing to focus resources elsewhere (which is a mystery as other than Robocalls, I'm seeing little activity from the candidate).

* http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/24/ted-cruz-losing-2018-fundraising-race-to-likely-democratic-challenger-filings-show.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 08:25:24 pm »
Someone is paying for it, the question is who. Usually in high profile senate races like this, the State or National party does. In local races, the candidate does (via donations or out of pocket).

This could be a sign that the national party or candidate is confident (overly so?) that it isn't necessary, the $$ isn't there (Cruz is getting beaten in fundraising which is crazy for a Republican in Texas*), or they are choosing to focus resources elsewhere (which is a mystery as other than Robocalls, I'm seeing little activity from the candidate).

* http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/24/ted-cruz-losing-2018-fundraising-race-to-likely-democratic-challenger-filings-show.html

From an outside observer, Cruz looks like he wants to lose this election.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 08:27:45 pm »

To do that there would need to be something in it for Cruz .... and I'm missing what that might be.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 08:36:42 pm »
I would like to see a poll done with traditional turnout rates. I'm guessing Cruz would be up 5 to 10.

Cruz won the primary in 2016 with only 43.7% of the vote (lowest showing by a republican in years) .... truth may be he'll need every single Republican vote out there.  I hope he's working on this ... we need the seat.

Offline ABX

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 08:37:19 pm »

I think it is more that the media is making Francis to be some sort of superstar- but different than Wendy Davis who was not likable. They are playing Francis up like the new Obama, young, charismatic, likable, relatable. Francis is also playing the full social media gambit- Facebook, Instagram, YouTube. Fans follow him like they follow their favorite 'Influencer'.

The local media here at least, doesn't even announce that 'Cruz is coming to town', they just report on it after the fact. They had 5 articles announcing Francis coming to town.

Ted Cruz will be in Palestine, Lufkin, and Marshall Texas tomorrow, and not a peep announcing it in the local media. https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=ted+cruz%2c+marshall+tx&qft=interval%3d%224%22&form=PTFTNR

I didn't even know about it until someone sent me an email this morning asking if I would photograph the event (called in for Jury Duty so I can't).

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 08:39:47 pm »
I'm pretty sure McConnell and the Senate Fund are not going to shed any tears if Cruz loses.

I would not be surprised if they decided to twist in the wind and supported Beto via stealth, which would be well-in-keeping with the way McConnell operates.

Remember Thad Cochrane anyone?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 08:40:02 pm »
As I mentioned earlier, he has the slickness of a used car salesman, and he has the MSM in hip pocket.

Best thing now is to get him into a a series of debates, and show he is nothing but an empty suit.

Offline thackney

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 08:52:15 pm »
As I mentioned earlier, he has the slickness of a used car salesman, and he has the MSM in hip pocket.

Best thing now is to get him into a a series of debates, and show he is nothing but an empty suit.

In July, Cruz challenged O'Rourke to five debates – sending a detailed plan with proposed dates, cities and topics. The first was to be on Aug. 31 in Dallas and to focus on "Jobs/Taxes/Federal Regulations/National Economy." O'Rourke accepted Cruz's proposal for five debates but suggested some revisions — including having a sixth debate in O'Rourke's hometown of El Paso.

In April, O'Rourke's campaign kicked off the debate negotiations by proposing six debates, including two in Spanish.

Beto O’Rourke says he isn’t debating Ted Cruz this Friday
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/27/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-debate-friday-texas/

U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, the El Paso Democrat challenging Republican incumbent Ted Cruz in Texas' U.S. Senate race, says a proposed Aug. 31 debate between the two "is not going to happen."...

...In July, Cruz challenged O'Rourke to five debates – sending a detailed plan with proposed dates, cities and topics. The first was to be on Aug. 31 in Dallas and to focus on "Jobs/Taxes/Federal Regulations/National Economy." O'Rourke accepted Cruz's proposal for five debates but suggested some revisions — including having a sixth debate in O'Rourke's hometown of El Paso.

In April, O'Rourke's campaign kicked off the debate negotiations by proposing six debates, including two in Spanish....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:06 pm »

Cruz won the primary in 2016 with only 43.7% of the vote (lowest showing by a republican in years) .... truth may be he'll need every single Republican vote out there.  I hope he's working on this ... we need the seat.
That is an apples to oranges comparison.  That was a primary, not a general election.

I suggest you look at the primary results earlier this year wherein he received 85.3% of the votes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 11:22:31 pm »
That is an apples to oranges comparison.  That was a primary, not a general election.

I suggest you look at the primary results earlier this year wherein he received 85.3% of the votes.

Then relax.  Cruz can phone it in.