Author Topic: Republicans see chance for major upset in New Jersey Senate race  (Read 2035 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Examiner
by Al Weaver
August 27, 2018

Republicans are increasingly optimistic about their chances to take out Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., as their nominee Bob Hugin has turned what many expected to be a Democratic cakewalk into a close contest with two months to go before Election Day.

In just a few months, Hugin, a former pharmaceutical executive, has made this blue-state Senate race surprisingly competitive in a Democratic year. Since announcing in February, he has poured at least $15 million into the race, and promised upwards of $20 million, and has flooded the airwaves statewide unopposed from mid-May until Menendez went on the air on Tuesday.

That strategy paid off in the polls, as Quinnipiac and Gravis show him down by 6 and 2 points, respectively, in the only two surveys taken since the state's primary contests. An internal poll conducted by Hugin's campaign shows him in a neck-and-neck race against Menendez, which has given both national and state Republicans hope.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/republicans-see-chance-for-major-upset-in-new-jersey-senate-race
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans see chance for major upset in New Jersey Senate race
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 01:26:42 pm »
Republicans see chance for major upset in New Jersey Senate race
by Al Weaver
 | August 27, 2018 12:00 AM

Republicans are increasingly optimistic about their chances to take out Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., as their nominee Bob Hugin has turned what many expected to be a Democratic cakewalk into a close contest with two months to go before Election Day.

In just a few months, Hugin, a former pharmaceutical executive, has made this blue-state Senate race surprisingly competitive in a Democratic year. Since announcing in February, he has poured at least $15 million into the race, and promised upwards of $20 million, and has flooded the airwaves statewide unopposed from mid-May until Menendez went on the air on Tuesday.

That strategy paid off in the polls, as Quinnipiac and Gravis show him down by 6 and 2 points, respectively, in the only two surveys taken since the state's primary contests. An internal poll conducted by Hugin's campaign shows him in a neck-and-neck race against Menendez, which has given both national and state Republicans hope.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/republicans-see-chance-for-major-upset-in-new-jersey-senate-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Republicans see chance for major upset in New Jersey Senate race
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 01:28:41 pm »
@Freya PING!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »
Forget it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 01:56:32 pm »
In a related story, the Baltimore Orioles see a chance to win the World Series.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 02:03:14 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 02:04:29 pm »
Thanks @Cyber Liberty

Miracles can happen. Unfortunately I know a lot of democrats who want Menendez out but can’t bring themselves to vote for a republican ever. It could be the most perfect candidate ever but the only R in this state that is respected is Rutgers (football)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 02:06:10 pm »
Hugin’s website as a FYI

https://bobhugin.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 02:08:29 pm »
Thanks @Cyber Liberty

Miracles can happen. Unfortunately I know a lot of democrats who want Menendez out but can’t bring themselves to vote for a republican ever. It could be the most perfect candidate ever but the only R in this state that is respected is Rutgers (football)

@Freya

Tell your friends that the Democrats they are voting for today are NOT their father's democrats!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »
@Freya

Tell your friends that the Democrats they are voting for today are NOT their father's democrats!

I’ve tried to do just that. I’ve had some success with everyone but my mom. Can’t argue with an FDR Democrat who’s first vote went to Stevenson. And is your mom.

What do I know. If I hadn’t gone to school in the 80s where my professors loved Reagan and Ayn Rand, I’d be a Democrat too. Sigh. I owe my political philosophy to Reagan and listening to the late Bob Grant on the radio.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:14:32 pm by Freya »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 02:17:07 pm »
NJ also has the highest number of Asian Indians in the country and they aren’t into politics so much but they tend to vote blue. This is a newish phenomena since the beginning of the century, every strip mall in certain counties has an Indian restaurant.

Half my doctors I see were born in India, too.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:17:48 pm by Freya »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 02:24:36 pm »
Thanks @Cyber Liberty

Christie probably ruined the GOP in Jersey for a least a generation.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 03:08:11 pm »
NJ also has the highest number of Asian Indians in the country and they aren’t into politics so much but they tend to vote blue. This is a newish phenomena since the beginning of the century, every strip mall in certain counties has an Indian restaurant.

Half my doctors I see were born in India, too.

Direct them to D'Souza, as in Dinesh. And the Republican running against Eliz. Warren, is Shiva--a very solid conservative guy.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln