Author Topic: Trump’s border wall boast runs into budget maw  (Read 3088 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump’s border wall boast runs into budget maw
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 02:19:53 am »
She takes me back to the bad old place whenever I read her screeds.

Take my hand I'll lead you to the light...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 02:23:26 am »

For some wierd reason, I had a dream I was watching Poltergeist with "Don't fear the Reaper" playing in the background....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:25:04 am by GrouchoTex »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2018, 02:40:20 am »

Okay.  Now I'm really scared!  I'm not ready to go yet.   :whistle:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 02:41:50 am »
Okay.  Now I'm really scared!  I'm not ready to go yet.   :whistle:

man-up..just taking you to another room...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 03:09:44 am »
LOL, and if "we don't have to buy it" no tariffs are paid, thereby no wall.
Again, it would be Americans paying the tariffs on the goods sold.
You should give up, because it is obvious you have no clue on how tariffs work.

Which begs the question what is in the new "non NAFTA" deal with Mexico?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 03:14:19 am »
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/has-the-border-wall-begun/

Factcheck is the same group as SNOPES. A RADICAL LEFT, LEANING organization , that will spin anything they can as far left and lying as they can.
 Funded by Annenberg foundation, which is BILL AYERS.  The home spun terrorist, who bombed one of our political buildings.  I can't remember every detail for the "correctors' on here.  The point is.  RADICAL LEFT LEANING. NOT RELIABLE SITE.  I would think, "Christians" would want the truth and help save our country and constitution, not keep bashing our best president ..EVER.  Faux christians.
I guess some women on here want wear burkas?   I don't.  Very foolish people today in 2018.

Your so deep!

Trump has said the same himself so don't try to deceive us.   He is mending fences.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 03:16:40 am »

Which begs the question what is in the new "non NAFTA" deal with Mexico?

The only thing I've heard so far, tariffs on automobiles, going both directions, but no more than that, and no details. I need to find out more, and see what all is in there.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 03:27:02 am »
We should all be thankful that Trump cares...

Facts don't care about his feelings.

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 03:30:09 am »
   Bad meaning Good or the other BAD?  @Emjay

It depends on how you look at it @corbe .  Some would say President Nero has fueled the fires of division in America and made the problem worse.  Others would say he made the fires better.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 12:07:50 am »

You really don't know s**t about economics. It will be the American consumer who will pay for the Tariffs not Mexico.

I beg to differ. Why the foul language ? No one, will force American consumers to buy mexico products. Who is dumb? 
If something costs too much for me, I don't buy it. Price drops.  I am sure, you never thought of NOT buying something, that costs too much. I worked for CPA firm, prepared taxes, and worked for Banks for 8 years. Then I was a realtor for 3 years. I know enough,  not to cuss at people. I bet you have all kind of debt? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 12:12:44 am »
*Lighten up Francis*...sheeeesh!

I'm light.  lol.

People just hate truth and facts.  Thanks.   Just saw this.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 12:15:44 am »

I think this is funny.  :silly:

Good one, Owner.  ^ 5.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 12:17:19 am »
man-up..just taking you to another room...

Another good one.  ^5

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 05:13:14 am »

I'm light.  lol.

People just hate truth and facts.  Thanks.   Just saw this.

You don't have to take that.  you can leave.  Just sayin'

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 05:08:38 pm »

Not this minute. It is coming.  This was explained too, so I give up.  TARIFFS PAID BY MEXICO,,WHO WANT TO BRING THEIR PRODUCTS,,,HERE. If it costs too much for American people, we don't have to buy it.
Interesting, if the tariffs make it to expensive for Americans to buy the products, and so few or none of the products are sold......................Where the heck does the money from tariffs then appear to pay for the wall?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 05:12:04 pm »
   The glass is always half full, I'm rather enjoying the fact that she likes Trump way, way, way more that Cruz and will admit it.
@corbe
OH NO! Now you've done it, you brought up Cruz and sure as heck all the liar liar crapola will soon be upon us.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 05:14:39 pm »
She takes me back to the bad old place whenever I read her screeds.

Ha, ha @The Ghost   I hear you but I've begged people for a long time to stop using pronouns all the time and name names.  It's just a few more strokes on the keyboard.

Every time I see a derogatory post talking about 'she' I think it means me. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 05:16:41 pm »
Your so deep!

Trump has said the same himself so don't try to deceive us.   He is mending fences.

@Chosen Daughter   Are you the church-going nice lady you sometimes pretend to be or did that picture you just posted reveal the Real Chosen Daughter?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 05:19:08 pm »
Why does this have to be explained, for over two years now??   TARIFFS ON MEXICO. that was always the plan

Hey GENIUS, Mexico does not pay tariffs, the AMERICAN PEOPLE DO.  No money is sent to DC from Mexico.  It is taken in punitive taxation from Americans who buy or purchase items made or have parts that come from Mexico.

And then your pal Trump makes the entirety of the American people who pay taxes PAY FOR BILLION DOLLAR BAILOUTS of industries hurt by his stupid little trade war that you falsely believe is going to pay for your wall.

It's a lose, lose for American taxpayers, while you lie to yourselves and pretend that Mexico is paying for it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2018, 05:31:39 pm »
I'd like to remind us that back in 2006 Bush II signed the following legislation: Secure Fence Act of 2006 to build a double border wall and fence at an initial cost of 1.4 Billion.  Congress only partially funded it - and most of the money for it disappeared.  Then in 2007 they amended the act, and the CBO said it would cost 50 billion to construct and reinforce different types of walls and fencing required.  To date from that Act, only 350 miles of pedestrian fence was constructed with 299 miles being "vehicle barriers" (speed bumps) for 649 miles of the initially proposed 652 miles of border wall.

Then the Chamber got involved and open borders was the policy Bush II and Obama ended up going with, and the border fence and wall still sits as it does today.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »
What is a budget "maw"? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2018, 06:07:37 pm »
What is a budget "maw"?

It where all the trillions of dollars of our money gets shoved in and gulped down by the insatiable ravenous beast in D.C.

All we get out of it is shit later on after we have been forced to feed it.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2018, 04:12:24 am »
@Chosen Daughter   Are you the church-going nice lady you sometimes pretend to be or did that picture you just posted reveal the Real Chosen Daughter?

That is disgusting.  Nothing about being "chosen"............ 88devil 88devil 88devil

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2018, 05:27:21 am »

That is disgusting isn't it?  Like people who have their nose up Trumps butt so far.  Yeah I never thought about a picture of dogs smelling each other as a sin.  Disgusting, but not a sin. 

This one is much better.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:46:26 am by Chosen Daughter »