Author Topic: Immunity for Trump Org figure rattles White House  (Read 785 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Immunity for Trump Org figure rattles White House
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »
The Memo: Immunity for Trump Org figure rattles White House
By Niall Stanage - 08/25/18 01:00 PM EDT

A grim seven days for President Trump and his allies was capped on Friday by news that Allen Weisselberg, the chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, had been granted immunity by prosecutors.

The immunity deal is said to involve only Weisselberg’s testimony against the president’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen.

But supporters of the president worry about the potential ramifications of even a relatively narrow deal — and fear major consequences if Weisselberg were to be persuaded to talk more broadly.

“It’s hard to see how you could minimize it,” said one GOP strategist close to the White House. “He was the brains of the operation.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403591-the-memo-immunity-for-trump-org-figure-rattles-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Immunity for Trump Org figure rattles White House
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 05:53:03 pm »
Wow, this could be bad news, or it could clear Trump.
I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 06:06:34 pm »

Conservatives used to believe in the proverb that one's character is known by the company they keep.

Not any more.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 12:22:07 am »

Prosecutors generally don't give immunity to help the defense.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 12:24:34 am »

@GrouchoTex

If the Dims thought there was any danger of it clearing Trump,they wouldn't have offered immunity.

Unlike the alleged Republicans,Dims play to win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 12:25:56 am »
Conservatives used to believe in the proverb that one's character is known by the company they keep.

Not any more.

@INVAR

I guess that means Priests and Nuns were all evil because they mostly associated with evil people?

Take it to it's logical conclusion,and I must be a communist because I was surrounded by communists on a regular basis in VN,Laos,and Cambodia?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:28:00 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 12:28:21 am »
@INVAR

I guess that means Priests and Nuns were all evil because they mostly associated with evil people?

They went into business, had friendships and partnerships with evil people?

Or were they pointing evil people in a right direction and attempting to save them from the consequences of evil???

There is a difference you know.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775