Author Topic: Trump and White House are silent amid McCain news  (Read 1262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and White House are silent amid McCain news
« on: August 25, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »
Trump and White House are silent amid McCain news

By Betsy Klein, CNN

Updated 8:47 PM ET, Fri August 24, 2018

When Sen. John McCain's family announced Friday that he was ending medical treatment for aggressive brain cancer, the news shook Capitol Hill and prompted support from his Republican and Democratic colleagues alike. But one prominent voice was missing: President Donald Trump's.

The White House press office did not react to the news, and when Trump traveled to Ohio in the evening he did not mention the ailing senator in a nearly hour-long speech to Ohio Republicans, which ran a gamut of topics from the death of Mollie Tibbetts to NFL protests to Kanye West.

In past months, Trump has frequently referenced McCain's 2017 health care vote on the campaign trail without naming him, drawing the ire of the Arizona Republican's family.

"One of our wonderful senators said 'thumbs down' at 2 o'clock in the morning," the President said at a campaign event for New York's Rep. Claudia Tenney earlier this month.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/donald-trump-john-mccain-discontinuing-treatment/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump and White House are silent amid McCain news
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 03:15:47 pm »
Can we at least wait until the guy actually dies before delivering the eulogies?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:45:32 pm »
Well,it wouldn't look good if he started dancing a jig,would it?

Personally,I can't wait for that evil,corrupt old SOB to die. If he hadn't taken a bribe to throw an election,we would have never had Obomber in the WH.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:05:43 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 04:48:31 pm »
The one freaking time he keeps his stupid trap shut and the press objects?   

What a country.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 04:52:00 pm »
The one freaking time he keeps his stupid trap shut and the press objects?   

What a country.

What a network.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 04:57:31 pm »
What a network.

Yeah.   That! 

lol  :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 06:14:11 pm »
Well,it wouldn't look good if he started dancing a jig,would it?

Personally,I can't wait for that evil,corrupt old SOB to die. If he hadn't taken a bribe to throw an election,we would have never had Obomber in the WH.

???  Taken a bribe?  First I've heard of that.  Lot's of people refused to vote for him and stayed home, but I never heard he took a bribe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 06:43:26 pm »
???  Taken a bribe?  First I've heard of that.  Lot's of people refused to vote for him and stayed home, but I never heard he took a bribe.

@libertybele

Ok,YOU explain why he panicked every time Palin made a speech and his poll numbers rose.  EVERY single time he started polling higher than Obomber,he went on television to apologize and set the record straight.

Maybe you think he did it for free because he thought losing is fun?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:23:52 pm »
@libertybele

Ok,YOU explain why he panicked every time Palin made a speech and his poll numbers rose.  EVERY single time he started polling higher than Obomber,he went on television to apologize and set the record straight.

He did it because he wanted Obama to win.  No bribe was required.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 07:28:56 pm »
@libertybele

You of all people should understand the GOPe wins by losing.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 07:29:53 pm »
Nobody in this admin needs to actively address the situation or owes him anything.  McCain openly fought the admin and campaign.  It’s probably best they say nothing, rather than release an empty, insincere statement.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:30:25 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 07:32:14 pm »
Nobody in this admin needs to actively address the situation or owes him anything.  McCain openly fought the admin and campaign.  It’s probably best they say nothing, rather than release an empty, insincere statement.

^^^ THIS.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 07:34:14 pm »

Which is how any expression of sympathy coming from the WH would sound right now, whether it be sincere or not.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 07:39:40 pm »

Spot on E.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 07:52:37 pm »

Agreed.  We already have insincerity from this bunch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »
Trump is wise to remain silent.  If I recall correctly, McCain has specifically requested that Trump not attend his funeral. So ... right now Trump's silence is golden.  McCain isn't exactly Trump's favorites person, nor is Trump McCain's ... so silence is better than trying to come across sincere when you're not. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 07:54:56 pm »

Ditto for Romney.  Romney's job was to block a Conservative from the GOP nomination.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 07:58:05 pm »
Which is how any expression of sympathy coming from the WH would sound right now, whether it be sincere or not.

Agree.  The moment he dies, WH should publish only 4 words...   Condolences to the family.   That's it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 08:08:20 pm »
Agree.  The moment he dies, WH should publish only 4 words...   Condolences to the family.   That's it.

Of course the Press will still slam him for that, so he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2018, 10:30:02 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Name ONE self-respecting US Senator that is going to do a single damn thing without getting paid to do it?

Or are you trying to claim Big John didn't have an ego,and was happy to take the hit so Obomber could be the one to get paid millions for special treatment?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2018, 10:31:40 pm »
You of all people should understand the GOPe wins by losing.

@skeeter

Normally true,but this is McLunatic and the office of the president we are talking about,where occupants get MILLIONS under the table for granting favors.

I will always believe McLunatic was offered a deal he couldn't refuse,and it was sweetened with bags of cash left on his doorstep.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2018, 10:33:05 pm »
^^^ THIS.

@INVAR

Well,they could warn against cremation by reminding people that bleep stinks when you burn it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2018, 10:39:18 pm »
PRESIDENT TRUMP GLOATS OVER SENATOR MCCAIN'S IMMINENT DEMISE

I'm writing the headline for the New York Times the very second that Trump says something/anything about John McCain. Trump is absolutely correct to stay out of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2018, 10:50:09 pm »
@INVAR

Well,they could warn against cremation by reminding people that bleep stinks when you burn it.

Heh.

Wonder if Cynthia might roll this up to 1600 Pennsylvania and ring the bell?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2018, 11:35:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Name ONE self-respecting US Senator that is going to do a single damn thing without getting paid to do it?

Or are you trying to claim Big John didn't have an ego,and was happy to take the hit so Obomber could be the one to get paid millions for special treatment?

You know me better than all that, Pete.  Sometimes politicians do things to screw over the country just because.  That they often get paid for it is ancillary.  McStain made his dough...he's only in it for the spite now.
I will NOT comply.