Author Topic: Conor Daly loses Lilly Diabetes sponsorship over remark his father made over 30 years ago  (Read 864 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

ELKHART LAKE, Wis. (AP) — Lilly Diabetes has pulled its sponsorship of Conor Daly’s No. 6 car in the NASCAR Xfinity race at Road America, citing a racially insensitive remark made by the driver’s father in the 1980s that surfaced this week.

Lilly said in a statement Friday that its sponsorship was intended to raise awareness for treatment options and resources for people living with diabetes.

https://www.theindychannel.com/sports/indianapolis-500/nascar-xfinity-driver-conor-daly-loses-sponsorship-over-remark-his-father-made-over-30-years-ago
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Good thing I don't drive a shitbox around an oval. My old man used to have some of the best racist jokes at the ready during the Ford administration with different voices and facial expressions. He also had jokes about gays, hobos and blonds.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This shit is getting out of hand.  I say we ban the Irish from the racing. 

How do you confuse an Irish man? Put three spades against a wall and tell him to take his pick.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Glad I'm not in a profession like pro sports where I'd have to find sponsors. As soon as they discovered my multiple ancestors who fought for the C.S.A., I'd be blackballed. (Oops, wrong choice of words).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

Glad I'm not in a profession like pro sports where I'd have to find sponsors. As soon as they discovered my multiple ancestors who fought for the C.S.A., I'd be blackballed. (Oops, wrong choice of words).

Ain't that the truth!

I would hate to be judged by my father's thoughts, words or deeds.