Author Topic: Report: Over 14M Texas voter records exposed online  (Read 596 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Report: Over 14M Texas voter records exposed online
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:39:10 pm »
Report: Over 14M Texas voter records exposed online
The Hill, Aug 23, 2018, Tal Axelrod

A file containing personal information on millions of Texas voters was found on an unsecured online server, Techcrunch reported Thursday.

An estimated 14.8 million records were found on the server, representing files on the majority of Texas’s 15.2 million registered voters.

It is unknown who owns the server, but analysis suggests the data was likely aggregated by the GOP data analytics firm Data Trust, according to Techcrunch.

Included among the pieces of information are voters’ name, age, gender, race, phone number and voting history.

The data also included gauges on voters’ views regarding immigration, abortion and the Second Amendment. The file also held data assessing if voters trusted Hillary Clinton

More:  http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/403363-report-over-14-million-texas-voter-records-found-online

Offline berdie

Re: Report: Over 14M Texas voter records exposed online
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:14:12 am »
I guess the calls I'm receiving right now will increase 100 fold. grrrr!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Report: Over 14M Texas voter records exposed online
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 12:46:40 am »
I’m guessing you’ll not hear a peep outta the Dems or the Media.  888mouth
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy