Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz talks immigration, Beto O’Rourke during Corpus Christi stop  (Read 997 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KRIS 6 News 8/20/2016

Senator Ted Cruz brought his statewide campaign tour to Corpus Christi Saturday to speak with voters. It comes during one of the most talked-about campaigns this election season in his race against Congressman Beto O’Rourke.

Cruz spoke on a number of issues, including immigration.

“You know, I have many times summed up my views on immigration in four words: Legal, good. Illegal, bad,” Cruz told the crowd.

Immigration reform was just one of the hot topics the senator discussed during his
Corpus Christi stop.

“This election is about jobs, it’s about securing the border, and it’s about protecting our constitutional rights,”  Cruz said.

Other topics discussed by Cruz included veteran issues, planned parenthood and voter ID.

“I will continue fighting and pressing until we have full and complete veterans choice, putting you, the veteran, in charge of your doctor and your healthcare,” Cruz said.

More: https://kristv.com/news/local-news/2018/08/20/sen-ted-cruz-talks-immigration-beto-orourke-during-corpus-christi-stop/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did you go seen him, @Elderberry?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Did you go seen him, @Elderberry?

No, I wish I did. I like Corpus. Growing up we camped out a lot on the Corpus end of Padre Island. And I thoroughly enjoyed all the fine seafood restaurants.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:41:16 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No, I wish I did. I like Corpus. Growing up we camped out a lot on the Corpus end of Padre Island. And I thoroughly enjoyed all the fine seafood restaurants.

We hung out in the same places, growing up

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

My two kids were born there and I lived there twice as well as Kingsville.

My favorite seafood place is King's Inn.  Also Black Diamond Oyster Bar.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My two kids were born there and I lived there twice as well as Kingsville.

My favorite seafood place is King's Inn.  Also Black Diamond Oyster Bar.

I haven't been in years.  Should be getting cool enough to go down there soon.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I haven't been in years.  Should be getting cool enough to go down there soon.
It was always pleasant weather in Corpus Christi.  When I lived in Kingsville, the drive to Corpus changed the temperature by sometimes 15 to 20 degrees.

And one winter living on the Bay there I recall never wearing anything more than a long-sleeved shirt.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington