Author Topic: Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a path to fiscal ruin  (Read 13211 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I thought the deficit was down from the Obama years.

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/us_deficit

I think there are some that are getting debt and deficit confused.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

Pfffffff...   When the house of cards finally collapses you really think you will need to be woke up.  You run up the credit card to infinity nuts crack me up.

For well over 40 years now this has been an issue. Nothing has been done to correct the issue and it has gotten worse. Nothing has happened as a result.

You can sit pounding away at a keyboard at a very limited audience like Chicken Little. I'm going to go on with my life and worry about real shit I can actually see. We'll see who has the richer life in the end.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
For well over 40 years now this has been an issue. Nothing has been done to correct the issue and it has gotten worse. Nothing has happened as a result.

You can sit pounding away at a keyboard at a very limited audience like Chicken Little. I'm going to go on with my life and worry about real shit I can actually see. We'll see who has the richer life in the end.

Your posterity won't. 

And they will curse your memory.

As well as mine when they get to suffer the consequences we have sown in indifference, just so we can enjoy our rich lives without concern for anything but ourselves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

I've crossed that bridge for 40 years... The growing cracks have never been a problem...

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline endicom

You can ignore the laws of economics all you like.

Economics is a social science.

Online DB

Economics is a social science.

Math isn't.

Offline Frank Cannon

As well as mine when they get to suffer the consequences we have sown in indifference, just so we can enjoy our rich lives without concern for anything but ourselves.

If you haven't got the memo, no one gives a shit about you after your dead unless you played ball well or were a world leader.

Offline LMAO

This is the second time in our history that our debt has been greater than our GDP.  The first time it was the result of a world war that could be cut back after the war ended. Today, so-called  entitlements are the issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So glad it only took 10 years for USA Today to realize trillion dollar deficits are bad.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Your posterity won't. 

The same posterity who support the presidential candidate who promises to forgive their school loans? That posterity?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But I thought oil exports were going to save the petrodollar as the global reserve currency.....

mebbe, if he doesn't let The Congress pi$$ Away another 8 or 9 trillion we don't have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

For the record, the trillion-dollar deficits started under Bush and the Democrat congress, then made worse by Obama before sequestration. They're not just Trump's, but he's not helping.

Exactly. Certainly the deficit is a concern, but monies (though pale in comparison) are starting to come back into the U.S.  People are finding jobs.  The U.S. economy is growing; in the 2nd quarter it grew at it's fastest pace since 2014; that's 14 years!

http://fortune.com/2018/07/27/us-gdp-growth-trump/

https://www.heritage.org/jobs-and-labor/commentary/3-million-people-have-found-jobs-trump-took-office

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-21/trump-s-metal-tariffs-have-yielded-more-than-775-million-so-far
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The same posterity who support the presidential candidate who promises to forgive their school loans? That posterity?

No.  The posterity that has to pay 10 thousand dollars for a cup of coffee because of hyperinflation before the currency becomes worthless.

The posterity that has their income taxed at ninety-five plus percent to keep benefits flowing for those who got us into this mess to begin with.

The posterity that has empty shelves because the economy collapsed and everything goes black market as government imposes tighter and tighter controls to try and keep itself in power and in control.

The posterity who is painfully taught that they have to pay for all the free rides we took at their expense because we let government run the credit card up to levels that are greater than all the wealth that exists on the planet with no mathematical way to pay it back.

And the posterity that will know and understand firsthand that laws of economics - like physics, are exacting.  Especially when all the artificial attempts to defy it, fail and we all come crashing back to earth at terminal velocity.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Exactly. Certainly the deficit is a concern, but monies (though pale in comparison) are starting to come back into the U.S.  People are finding jobs. 

Could have heard the same quote in 1928.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:09:06 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Gosh. Has it been 8 years since Trump was elected? I better update my calendar.

It seem like just a month has gone by...I month I call Helluary.

Online roamer_1

You can ignore the laws of economics all you like.

As long as we can print money out of thin air and people ascribe it value - you can continue the bullshit and ponzi schemes.

Once that faith in the fiat evaporates - we're gonna make Venezuela look like a picnic in the park. 

But you go ahead and let the Normalcy Bias tell you that we can continue to spend trillions in credit debt without consequence as long as it is a Republican spending it.

Exactly right - Though Maggie Thatcher said it more succinctly.

Online libertybele

Could have heard the same quote in 1928.

Something also to be said of the U.S. abandoning the gold standard five years later.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Something also to be said of the U.S. abandoning the gold standard five years later.

You can only artificially defy natural law for a time before the law exacts and reasserts itself.

Thrust and lift can defy the laws of gravity... until the fuel that creates thrust runs out - and then gravity again reasserts itself.

Economics is just like that.  Defy the laws of economics with artificial thrust and lift - and when the fuel of confidence in fiat currency and debt ratio to GDP asserts itself - down to earth we will come. 

Hard.

Offline skeeter

And the posterity that will know and understand firsthand that laws of economics - like physics, are exacting.  Especially when all the artificial attempts to defy it, fail and we all come crashing back to earth at terminal velocity.

Of course I agree the economic law is exacting, and there will be an eventual accounting.

My point is my 'posterity' seems every bit as if not more keen on government as the solution and involvement in everyone's lives, with the costs attendant, than preceding generations were.

They've got alot to learn before they'll know whom to blame.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At the rate the birth rate is headed, no one will have to worry about what our posterity will do because there won't be any posterity. They think they can avoid that by simply not having kids. We are already below replacement.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
At the rate the birth rate is headed, no one will have to worry about what our posterity will do because there won't be any posterity. They think they can avoid that by simply not having kids. We are already below replacement.

Thus the Barbarians we have let into our gates to replace us.

We have already been invaded, and are being outbred by Mexicans, South Americans and Muslims from the Middle East that have been brought here by our government and mostly live off our dime.

We are paying for our own eradication.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I wonder why this isn't a campaign issue for conservatives running for election in the midterms.   :pondering:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I wonder why this isn't a campaign issue for conservatives running for election in the midterms.   :pondering:

That Trump put the country another $3T in debt?  You really got to ponder that?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timothy Dennis

The Dems would run (under Bernie Sanders) a reported 15 TRILLION-dollar deficit for single-payer health insurance alone. Clinton, should she run again, would likely be at least half of that. Trump's plan is significantly less.Talk about putting the country on a path to financial ruin!