Author Topic: Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a path to fiscal ruin  (Read 13265 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That would be spending at a faster rate than Obama. But that's OK, he is wearing a R on his jersey.

It became very clear this month that neither the Trump White House nor its allies on Capitol Hill want you to know that the federal budget is already in very bad shape ... and getting worse.
It happened when the U.S. Treasury, the official keeper of Washington’s financial results, issued its monthly statement for the first 10 months of fiscal 2018 about federal revenues and spending and, therefore, the budget deficit.
Treasury showed what no president ever wants to admit: the deficit is spiking. The federal government’s red ink this year is already 21 percent above what it was in 2017 and there are few prospects that the bottom line will improve anytime soon.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/08/20/donald-trump-trillion-dollar-plus-deficits-fiscal-ruin-column/986236002/

Offline Night Hides Not

Where was USA Today during the Obama years? Now that interest rates are going up, the deficits will start looking even worse.

I completely agree with @AbaraXas , all is forgiven when there's an "R" after the name.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe he thinks he can just file Chapter 11 and get rid of all the debt that way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

Where was USA Today during the Obama years? Now that interest rates are going up, the deficits will start looking even worse.

I completely agree with @AbaraXas , all is forgiven when there's an "R" after the name.

It seems as the Democrats are going full blown, unapologetic Communist, Republicans are taking their place as the Democrat party of old. At that, it seems there are very few things now different from Jimmy Carter Democrats of the 70s as Republicans of today.

Offline Night Hides Not

Maybe he thinks he can just file Chapter 11 and get rid of all the debt that way.

It's an established fact that Trump's companies have filed for bankruptcy on multiple occasions. He called himself the "King of Debt", didn't he?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

It seems as the Democrats are going full blown, unapologetic Communist, Republicans are taking their place as the Democrat party of old. At that, it seems there are very few things now different from Jimmy Carter Democrats of the 70s as Republicans of today.

It's exacerbated by the fact that the Legislative Branch has almost completely advocated its responsibility as the third member of the federal government.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Article marked clearly as an opinion piece.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump has the CNBC guy, Kudlow. I've got to think someone over there knows what they are doing.

Offline ABX

Trump has the CNBC guy, Kudlow. I've got to think someone over there knows what they are doing.

Kudlow, the guy who thinks a 23% increase is a decrease.  He has mastered Louis Farrakhan math. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-larry-kudlow-defines-a-falling-deficit-2018-06-29

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's an established fact that Trump's companies have filed for bankruptcy on multiple occasions. He called himself the "King of Debt", didn't he?

And he's fond of the title too it would seem.

Donald Trump, speaking with CNBC, praised himself as the "king of debt,” adding, "I love debt; I love playing with it."

Trump pontificated, "We're paying a very low interest rate. What happens if that interest rate goes up 2, 3, 4 points? We don't have a country. We do need money to rebuild the infrastructure of the country.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5499/trump-im-king-debt-hank-berrien

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Article marked clearly as an opinion piece.

And yet it has to do with current politics as well...so it works well in either place.

At least you didn't publicly tag the owner at the end of your fit passive aggressiveness like some people here do.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
For the record, the trillion-dollar deficits started under Bush and the Democrat congress, then made worse by Obama before sequestration. They're not just Trump's, but he's not helping.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
For the record, the trillion-dollar deficits started under Bush and the Democrat congress, then made worse by Obama before sequestration. They're not just Trump's, but he's not helping.

Bush left office as the biggest spending President in American history...Obama took over and said "hold my beer" and now Trump is saying "wanna see something cool?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:35:01 pm by txradioguy »

Offline musiclady

Bush left office as the biggest spending President in American history...Obama took over and said "hold my beer" and now Trump is saying "wanna see something cool?"

And, "I can do everything bigger and better than anyone else in history.  Watch me!"

What was bad under Bush, worse under Obama is not now good under Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

True, but Trump is just making it worse at a far faster rate than before.

What's more troubling though (after all, he is just doing what a politician does- tax and spend), is that now, so-called Conservatives are now defending and even praising deficit spending. At least under Bush we complained about it even though he wore an R on his jersey. This, along with so many things, is reflecting a fundamental shift in the political parties leftward and those who in the past spoke against it, are cheering it to thunderous applause.

Offline Frank Cannon

What's more troubling though (after all, he is just doing what a politician does- tax and spend), is that now, so-called Conservatives are now defending and even praising deficit spending. At least under Bush we complained about it even though he wore an R on his jersey. This, along with so many things, is reflecting a fundamental shift in the political parties leftward and those who in the past spoke against it, are cheering it to thunderous applause.

Bleh. I have been hearing from you deficit hawks for 3 or 4 decades now about how the the whole thing is going to collapse because of the deficit. I haven't seen things this good out on the streets in years. Dollar strong. People have jobs. Peoples lifestyles are getting better. Nothing you guys claim will happen ever happens. You guys now have about as much credibility as the Peak Oil druids.

Wake me up when something actually happens because of the deficit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Except the SOB made a campaign promise on March 31, 2016 WP interview to eliminate  the deficit in 8 years.  Oops....    duped again. 

Here's a little more insight.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timothy Dennis

A Sanders-led government would be about 5 times that amount. Free everything.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bleh. I have been hearing from you deficit hawks for 3 or 4 decades now about how the the whole thing is going to collapse because of the deficit. I haven't seen things this good out on the streets in years. Dollar strong. People have jobs. Peoples lifestyles are getting better. Nothing you guys claim will happen ever happens. You guys now have about as much credibility as the Peak Oil druids.

Pfffffff...   When the house of cards finally collapses you really think you will need to be woke up.  You run up the credit card to infinity nuts crack me up.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

Except the SOB made a campaign promise on March 31, 2016 WP interview to eliminate  the deficit in 8 years.  Oops....    duped again. 

Gosh. Has it been 8 years since Trump was elected? I better update my calendar.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You can ignore the laws of economics all you like.

As long as we can print money out of thin air and people ascribe it value - you can continue the bullshit and ponzi schemes.

Once that faith in the fiat evaporates - we're gonna make Venezuela look like a picnic in the park. 

But you go ahead and let the Normalcy Bias tell you that we can continue to spend trillions in credit debt without consequence as long as it is a Republican spending it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Gosh. Has it been 8 years since Trump was elected? I better update my calendar.

Add $5T instead of incrementally reducing the $18T?  Sounds like you need a calculator more than a calendar.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A Sanders-led government would be about 5 times that amount. Free everything.

Sad thing is Bernie is to the right of Trump on trade.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:15:27 pm by txradioguy »

Offline thackney

I thought the deficit was down from the Obama years.

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/us_deficit
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

And the national debt adds up to every citizen $65,000

Every household almost $170,000

http://www.usadebtclock.com/
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:26:15 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.