Author Topic: Shocking moment a Kentucky snake-handling preacher is bitten and has to be carried from his church,  (Read 3289 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Shocking moment a Kentucky snake-handling preacher is bitten and has to be carried from his church, four years after his pastor father was killed by a rattlesnake

This is the startling moment a controversial American pastor, whose father was killed after being bitten by a snake, is himself attacked by a serpent.
Cody Coots is the pastor at the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus’ Name church in Middlesboro, Kentucky - one of America’s last remaining snake-handling churches.
During his sermon, Pastor Coots can be seen handling a snake as he preaches to his congregation.

snip

This here preacher,  he been bit 6 times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6070685/Snake-preacher-gets-bitten-four-years-father-killed-rattlesnake.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
The good Lord sure blessed them with the appropriate surname... :whistle:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One would think he had built up a certain amount of immunity from the venom having been bitten so many times in the past.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
Shocking moment a Kentucky snake-handling preacher is bitten and has to be carried from his church, four years after his pastor father was killed by a rattlesnake

This is the startling moment a controversial American pastor, whose father was killed after being bitten by a snake, is himself attacked by a serpent.
Cody Coots is the pastor at the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus’ Name church in Middlesboro, Kentucky - one of America’s last remaining snake-handling churches.
During his sermon, Pastor Coots can be seen handling a snake as he preaches to his congregation.

snip

This here preacher,  he been bit 6 times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6070685/Snake-preacher-gets-bitten-four-years-father-killed-rattlesnake.html

I'm inclined to say something about being a slow learner. But I wouldn't want to be uncharitable. Sigh.

If we subtracted the clueless idiocies from religion, the clueless idiocies from politics, and the clueless idiocies from pride about who has the longer manhood, we might start to seem like tolerable critters.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. Real shocking that some hayseeds playing games with poisonous snakes get bit.

Offline verga

Heard a story about a band that went to play at a church one Sunday. About 20 minutes into the service they pulled out some snakes. The guitarists looked at the drummer and asked if he saw a back door. The drummer replied: No, where do you reckon they want one?"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Heard a story about a band that went to play at a church one Sunday. About 20 minutes into the service they pulled out some snakes. The guitarists looked at the drummer and asked if he saw a back door. The drummer replied: No, where do you reckon they want one?"

000hehehehe

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nice 888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

What part of, 'You must not test the LORD your God.' do they not understand?

Offline roamer_1

What part of, 'You must not test the LORD your God.' do they not understand?

More than that, 'power over serpents and scorpions' is not talking about animals...

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
More than that, 'power over serpents and scorpions' is not talking about animals...

@roamer_1

Who are you to tell them what Gawd is saying or not saying to them?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Who are you to tell them what Gawd is saying or not saying to them?

I ain't nothin. Read the dang Book.

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Church should be about the glorification of God. By doing this snake nonsense they are attempting to glorify themselves. That is, they are saying in effect, 'Look how righteous I am that I can do this! Surely I have the blessing of God.'

So in this same logic, if the guy got bit it must mean that he has sinned, and has fallen short of the blessing of God.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.