Author Topic: The Legacies of Robert Mueller’s Investigations.. By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 1310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Legacies of Robert Mueller’s Investigations
By Victor Davis Hanson| August 13th, 2018

Some 450 days ago we were treated to melodramatic announcements from the media about the start-up of Robert Mueller’s “dream” and “all-star” team.

Reporters gushed in the general hysteria of the times that Mueller would no doubt soon indict President Trump, some of his family, and almost anyone else in his campaign—and therefore end the Trump aberration.

Press puff pieces highlighted the résumés of his superstars—of Lisa Page (no comment needed), Peter Strzok (less than no comment needed), Jeannie Rhee (a former attorney for the Clinton Foundation, Ben Rhodes, and for a bit Hillary Clinton), Andrew Weissman (Clinton zealot, Obama and DNC donor, and the cheerleader to Sally Yates’s refusal to carry out a presidential order), Aaron Zebley (the former attorney for Clinton staffer Justin Cooper who set up the infamous Clinton home server and smashed to bits her mobile devices), and a host of other pros, who were all shortly to prove Trump-Russian “collusion.”

Although that Mueller mandate of collusion was never formally defined, much less explained as a criminal offense, the media salivated at the idea that Mueller’s whiz kids nonetheless were going to find it and no doubt thereby usher in impeachment.

Now we have gone from melodrama to bathos.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2018/08/13/the-legacies-of-robert-muellers-investigations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Mueller won't have a legacy to stand on. Yuck yuck.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mueller won't have a legacy to stand on. Yuck yuck.

His legacy will be SHAME!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mueller is a hero to many. Democrats, media, and some NTs on this site;

yesterday rang out voice to let him to his work.

Trump's detractors view every day with a Mueller investigation, is potentially a day when something damaging of Trump, could occur.

Mueller's investigation is a Righteous Cause.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Procedural question @Sanguine  ... why is this considered "dark web" material?  (Now I'm confused about what to post here  :laugh:)

Thanks.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:39:41 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

Procedural question @Sanguine  ... why is this considered "dark web" material?  (Now I'm confused about what to post here  :laugh:)

Thanks.

I'll offer a few comments. There is no official list of IDW members. One member, Ben Shapiro, appears on his own podcast, at public speaking appearances, in written articles and columns.

Same for VDH. Both might be considered "public intellectuals."

An alternate grouping could be considered for podcasters, youtubers, etc.

According to Jordan Peterson, they tend to have in common, independence.

Campus censors of free speech, would shutdown Stefan Molynuex and Charles Murray, for example.

Yet such censorship, was the genesis of IDW, as much as any single factor is.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll offer a few comments. There is no official list of IDW members. One member, Ben Shapiro, appears on his own podcast, at public speaking appearances, in written articles and columns.

Same for VDH. Both might be considered "public intellectuals."

An alternate grouping could be considered for podcasters, youtubers, etc.

According to Jordan Peterson, they tend to have in common, independence.

Campus censors of free speech, would shutdown Stefan Molynuex and Charles Murray, for example.

Yet such censorship, was the genesis of IDW, as much as any single factor is.

Darn near forgot it had to do with podcast pundits...one of the criteria set forth for the IDW.

...thought it was the OP's opinion that the topic was singled out to bring attention to a certain core here...an invitation to discuss a topic without nonsense.

Think, sort of like...a SAFE ZONE!     wink777

Me?  I think these sub-cats are a huge PIA.  Too many clicks, etc..

Put them in OPINION but use that column adjacent to insert an icon to alert clickers that only serious discussion is expected

@mystery-ak    just a suggestion, Nancy.   @Sanguine   didn't mean to exclude you.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:17:56 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

Darn near forgot it had to do with podcast pundits...one of the criteria set forth for the IDW.

! No longer available

Starting at 1:35 to about 4:00 on the video, Peterson explains the changes in communication. He decries the old media,, as rapidly dying. Replacing it is possible, due to a

"Technological Transformation." (think Gutenberg)

"more people can listen, than read."

He refers to his own success, from being an early adopter, aside from his content (which most of us also applaud)

Gotta go. This Early Adopter needs to get outside, on the path, and LISTEN to some top notch content.

Clearly preferable for me, to reading over 800 posts, highly repetitive. Like viewing cable arguing, yelling over each other.

FWIW I think political discussion forums are dying, too. Reason: For exampleI have 45 minutes. Do I want Scott Adams' Periscope insights (or Jordan Peterson, or VHD), or the 400th iteration of "foundational principles," ad infinitum?

Finally it is relatively simple, to move our electronic tools toward "listening & watching," instead of "reading."
@DCPatriot

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:11:14 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@DCPatriot @Right_in_Virginia, somewhere either me or T_S posted a long list of people that are considered to be in the IDW and I can't find it now.

A couple of observations and maybe some answers:  the IDW is a bit hard to define and nebulous in its boundaries, but like they say: you know it when you see it.  As @truth_seeker has noted independence of thought and platform used are main components.  The members are generally politically from a wide variety of backgrounds, some even apolitical, like Peterson.  They scare the bejeezus out of a whole lot of groups; mainly those who depend on emotion and blind loyalty.  And, one component that has to be there is clear, courageous and honest thinking.  There's also a willingness to approach meaningful but politically incorrect topics.  And, all fact-based; you go where the facts lead, not where a predetermined ideology would lead you.

Two answers as to why this is a separate category, because the IDW, whatever it is, is a real, meaningful and influential movement.  And, by keeping it here, we can avoid the counterproductive and even toxic arguments that occur in so many of the other threads.

I hope that is helpful.  Please join in and add to the conversation.