Author Topic: California had its hottest month on record. Death Valley had world's hottest month ever  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
USA Today by Doyle Rice 8/8/2018

California just sweltered through its hottest month ever recorded.

Out of the 1,483 months since records began in 1895, when Grover Cleveland was president, July 2018 was the hottest of all, with an average statewide temperature of 79.7 degrees, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration said Wednesday.

This means no lifelong Californian alive has lived through a hotter month.

And notorious hot spot Death Valley led the way, with an average July temperature of 108.1 degrees. This is an all-time high temperature record for any weather station in the world, NOAA said.

The heat was a major player in the deadly fires that have had the state under siege the past few weeks. Monster fires such as the Mendocino Complex Fire, the state's biggest on record, have scorched some 1,171 square miles this year, according to Cal Fire.

More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/08/08/california-heat-july-state-hottest-month-ever-recorded/934540002/

Offline Hoodat

Bush's fault.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

I believe it. Every day for two straight months it’s been 95 degrees at 3pm. Every day.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It is settled science.  Most of California is in one type of desert climate or another. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

Zip in geological time...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It is settled science.  Most of California is in one type of desert climate or another.

And Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I believe it. Every day for two straight months it’s been 95 degrees at 3pm. Every day.

I thought it was hotter there than here.  It's been 100+ by 3pm here.  But, that's normal.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I thought it was hotter there than here.  It's been 100+ by 3pm here.  But, that's normal.

A few years ago, didn't (somewhere in)Texas go 100 days of 100+ F or something like this?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A few years ago, didn't (somewhere in)Texas go 100 days of 100+ F or something like this?

28 years ago
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Funny, I thought even 20 years was not enough to disprove global warming, but one month is?

How about the month of April, nearly the coldest on record here?
The Republic is lost.