Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke is covering 250 miles a day to win over rural Texans. Is he winning or just wasting ti  (Read 9144 times)

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
You have a problem with his voting record in the senate?

As a Trump supporter and a Texan, I have this to contribute:

I voted for  Cruz during the primary due to loyalty, and Cruz reperesents Texas.

I voted Trump in the general.

The point?

It makes no difference who goes where and says what...Texans will vote for Cruz because he's one of us, and regardless of what y'all have heard, he has fought well for Texas and Texans.  True Texans are not easily diswayed..

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course not.  But perhaps a campaign is also helped by a track record of successful initiatives.  This is what I am unaware of.  If I've just missed them, please let me know.

Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia, answering your prior question.  From what I have heard directly from Cruz, he is (and, some of this is me reading between the lines here, so be warned that it's my interpretation of what he said) he doesn't feel much can be done in the Senate right now and principled senators need to, at a minimum, hold the line and try to inch good things forward.  He appears to be disgusted at how 0bamacare has gone, and says that there is no way the Senate is going to actually repeal it now (big surprise, huh?).  One of his main things is keeping Texas strong and red.   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia, answering your prior question.  From what I have heard directly from Cruz, he is (and, some of this is me reading between the lines here, so be warned that it's my interpretation of what he said) he doesn't feel much can be done in the Senate right now and principled senators need to, at a minimum, hold the line and try to inch good things forward.  He appears to be disgusted at how 0bamacare has gone, and says that there is no way the Senate is going to actually repeal it now (big surprise, huh?).  One of his main things is keeping Texas strong and red.

I share his frustration on Obamacare ... although a lot has been changed via EO's the changes do need to be codified in law.

Has he spoken about what he'd fight for/stand for regarding immigration and border security. --- What he'd like to accomplish with a stronger majority in the Senate?   I'm guessing here, but this would seem like important issues in Texas.

@Sanguine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I share his frustration on Obamacare ... although a lot has been changed via EO's the changes do need to be codified in law.

Has he spoken about what he'd fight for/stand for regarding immigration and border security. --- What he'd like to accomplish with a stronger majority in the Senate?   I'm guessing here, but this would seem like important issues in Texas.

@Sanguine

He has addressed illegal immigration and the subsequent crime at every event I have attended.  He's for the wall and it needs to be funded and built.  Also go after employers, and EVerify. 

He has addressed illegal immigration and the subsequent crime at every event I have attended.  He's for the wall and it needs to be funded and built.  Also go after employers, and EVerify.

Good, good, good.  This article had me feeling a little nervous.  I'm feeling better now.  Thanks. 

@Sanguine

Online corbe

Your Cruz hate is showing @Right_in_Virginia and I'm OK with it.  I don't get all bent out of shape, hell I make fun of him a lot, we're all adults here but to answer your very valid question: He's done a hell of a lot more than your two local losers, Kaine & Warner.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Your Cruz hate is showing @Right_in_Virginia and I'm OK with it. 

Bite me @corbe   Your knee-jerk, sloppy, vapid posts are tedious.  After reading them people lose 20 IQ points.

Stop dragging me into your  :bs:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:51:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Idiot

Here's the blurb from a recent email:
Sen. Cruz on Thursday continued his statewide ‘Texas Defends America' tour with a visit to Dyess Air Force Base where he received an update on the B-1 bomber force, C-130J airlift operations, and preparations for the B-21 “Raider,” a long-range strike bomber.

Yup...that's what he spoke on here.  Dyess is in the running to get the B-21.  We currently have a fleet of B-1's...absolutely amazing planes to watch.  Naturally our liberal newspaper was complaining that Sen. Cruz hadn't been here in years.  Gotta love the liberal press.....

Offline Idiot

As a Trump supporter and a Texan, I have this to contribute:

I voted for  Cruz during the primary due to loyalty, and Cruz reperesents Texas.

I voted Trump in the general.

The point?

It makes no difference who goes where and says what...Texans will vote for Cruz because he's one of us, and regardless of what y'all have heard, he has fought well for Texas and Texans.  True Texans are not easily diswayed..

He absolutely has fought well for Texans...no doubt about it.  However...Beto the Irish Hispanic....is putting up a good fight.  I'm not sure how, since he's to the left of Pelosi....but it sure seems that way.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He absolutely has fought well for Texans...no doubt about it.  However...Beto the Irish Hispanic....is putting up a good fight.  I'm not sure how, since he's to the left of Pelosi....but it sure seems that way.

Beto has the press on his side, that's how. All of his appearances are covered like the Second Coming.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I just hope there are enough of us Texans left who remember how badly the dims squandered the oil tax windfalls we saw duing the boom days.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

Bite me @corbe   Your knee-jerk, sloppy, vapid posts are tedious.  After reading them people lose 20 IQ points.

Stop dragging me into your  :bs:

@Right_in_Virginia , then I suggest you put @corbe on ignore, like I've done with the most of the virulent Chairborne Rangers of the Orange Brigade.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

@Right_in_Virginia , then I suggest you put @corbe on ignore, like I've done with the most of the virulent Chairborne Rangers of the Orange Brigade.

Thanks for the suggestion @Night Hides Not but this is not up to you.

Ask your buddy to stop pinging me.   Or tell the rest of your story walking.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’d like to ask my friends here who are Texans, is this really a tight race?

Is an upset possible?

I’m sorry haven’t been following it, I’m worried about Menendez here in NJ.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

Is an upset possible?

In my opinion, Cruz will win by a double digit lead.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I’ve liked Sen Cruz since I saw him filibuster and read “Green Eggs and Ham” to his daughters. He reminded me of my late dad, even though dad was a die hard FDR Democrat. Plus, Cruz went to Princeton, but that’s not saying much because so did Mrs. Obama and current Supreme Court Justices Kagan and Sotomeyer.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jpsb

Beto brought the house down today at the Summit Club In Longview. Standing room only , over 800 people! Beto really gave a powerful message today regarding teachers & his plan to increase their pay & lower their insurance costs!

Not No but hell No!

Meet The Texas Teachers $100,000 Club: 7,300 Six-Figure Salaries Cost Taxpayers $903 Million

Offline thackney

Beto brought the house down today at the Summit Club In Longview. Standing room only , over 800 people! Beto really gave a powerful message today regarding teachers & his plan to increase their pay & lower their insurance costs!

Not No but hell No!

Meet The Texas Teachers $100,000 Club: 7,300 Six-Figure Salaries Cost Taxpayers $903 Million

all 2017 Texas Education Agency payroll data
https://www.openthebooks.com/search/?PensionCode=4802&F_fiscalyear=2017&F_employeenm=

Offline jpsb

Cruz is running on his Senate record?

If you are a Republican that (running on your Senate record) is a very hard thing to do. Since other
than confirm judges, the GOP Senate has not done a damn thing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:45:24 pm by jpsb »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'm a little less optimistic.  Rourky has become the darling of the TX MSM, and they are giving him glowing press coverage at every stop.   

I think the "sheeple" effect with limit Cruz' victory to somewhere in the neighborhood of 5%.  It will be really tight until Cruz destroys him in the debates.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

I'm a little less optimistic.  Rourky has become the darling of the TX MSM, and they are giving him glowing press coverage at every stop.

Was Abortion Barbie treated any differently by them?

Offline jpsb

Cruz's re-election battle will happen in Sept. If Trump fights the do nothing GOP Senate over border
security, The Wall and immigration policy than Cruz wins. If Trump goes back on this word and does
not push for all of the above then it's not a certainty that enough GOP voters will show up to reelect
Cruz. The GOP base will be very depress if our number one issue is not address this year.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Was Abortion Barbie treated any differently by them?
No, but I think the dynamics are a tad different this time.  Add the fact I wonder how much of the trashy mud slinging by DJT in '16 stuck

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Is an upset possible?

Realistically, Cruz will win. If I had to predict now, I would guess by 6-8 points.

However, in politics nothing is assured. So don't take anything for granted.

Offline jpsb

Is an upset possible?

This is a voter turnout race and the Rats are highly motovated to turn out. So it all depends on what
the Senate does with the budget THIS YEAR. Mitch and Paul have both said they will not fund the
wall. "Maybe next year". Mitch and Paul are doing everything they can to depress GOP turn out. So
yes Cruz could lose, it all depends on Trump. Does he fight and motovate the base or does he
give up on the issue that elected him.