Author Topic: Former Ohio State Wrestler Recants Claim That Jim Jordan Knew Of Sexual Abuse  (Read 732 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Former Ohio State Wrestler Recants Claim That Jim Jordan Knew Of Sexual Abuse
Daily Caller, Aug 9, 2018, Chuck Ross

A former Ohio State University wrestler is recanting his claims that Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan knew of sexual abuse allegations against a university physician when he coached wrestling at the school over 20 years ago.

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Mark Coleman, a former MMA fighter who wrestled at Ohio State when Jordan coached there, said in a statement.

“I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”

Coleman is the first former OSU wrestler to recant his claims that Jordan knew about sexual abuse at the hands of Dr. Richard Strauss, an OSU physician accused of molesting dozens of student-athletes.

More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/09/wrestler-recants-jim-jordan/

Offline DB

What a mess.

The truth matters.

Integrity matters.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hopefully, Jordan's reputation is not tarnished beyond repair.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hopefully, Jordan's reputation is not tarnished beyond repair.

Folks have been paying attention.  This is from Saturday's rally in Ohio.  Listen to what the crowd starts chanting when Jordan takes the stage.  --- And then gives an amazing 30 second speech off the cuff.  I'm pretty sure the President has made note of this .... so Jordan's very much alive, IMHO.  @Sanguine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1t0AhZl3g

! No longer available

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Folks have been paying attention.  This is from Saturday's rally in Ohio.  Listen to what the crowd starts chanting when Jordan takes the stage.  --- And then gives an amazing 30 second speech off the cuff.  I'm pretty sure the President has made note of this .... so Jordan's very much alive, IMHO.  @Sanguine ....

Good to know.

Online mountaineer

Don't tell me the check from  George Soros bounced!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why make a false accusation,to begin with?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Don't tell me the check from  George Soros bounced!
The Russian check came though.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Former Ohio State wrestler backs off claim Jim Jordan knew of sex abuse
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 12:36:51 pm »

A former Ohio State wrestler on Thursday seemingly reversed course on an earlier claim that Republican Rep. Jim Jordan was aware of instances of alleged sexual abuse against students by a team doctor while he was a wrestling coach at Ohio State University.

Mark Coleman released a statement, via a public relations company, in which he sought to clear up “comments attributed to him that were not accurate or were misconstrued by media outlets.”

The company that provided the statement is the one hired by Jordan's campaign to respond to the claims.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/09/former-ohio-state-wrestler-backs-off-claim-jim-jordan-knew-sex-abuse.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/09/former-ohio-state-wrestler-backs-off-claim-jim-jordan-knew-sex-abuse.html
The Republic is lost.