Author Topic: Frank Luntz: GOP facing ‘potential political disaster’ in midterms  (Read 4071 times)

Online corbe

Good Points @Emjay, His base is constantly fed and Fat & Happy (rhetorically), IMHO he needs to expand that, the sooner the better, stop the 'Stupid' Tweets about Lebron and such could go a long way. 

My barometer is my Pro-Trump Family and though still solidly on the Train Train there is a hint of disappointment at the results, so far.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
    Hey @Absalom you're obviously over the target, hope you have some bomb left.

Hey @corbe   why would you come on and support someone who insulted many of us.

Apparently, he's only recently learned to read himself because the Military school story was widely known during the election and apparently didn't deter many people.

I'm gonna say that Nurse lady did not know how to handle a strong-willed child and made a sissy move.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get why anyone would think Trump voters would abandon him.

@Emjay

It's called whistling with desperation and fear,like when walking past a graveyard late at night.

Telling them the RINO's are out of power and likely to stay out of power is like telling a 4 year old that Santa died.

After all,what are life-long Party People to do when the Party ends?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

Hey @corbe   why would you come on and support someone who insulted many of us.

Apparently, he's only recently learned to read himself because the Military school story was widely known during the election and apparently didn't deter many people.

I'm gonna say that Nurse lady did not know how to handle a strong-willed child and made a sissy move.

You made me go back and reread his post @Emjay, I still don't believe he insulted anyone, except maybe Trump with the Cadet stuff, and yes we all already knew that, even those among us who never read the friggin articles anyway.

PS:  He gets automatic 'Brownie Points' with me if you call out @Right_in_Virginia on some BS.

happy77
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Agressive Leaders, risk takers. Winners. Big Idea people. Doers.

Agressive Leaders, risk takers, 'winners', Big Idea people, Doers - are not always a good thing when they are detached from decency, void of character and unhinged from morality.

Aggressive Leaders and the big idea people brought about the Autobahn and the Italian train system running on time.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You made me go back and reread his post @Emjay, I still don't believe he insulted anyone, except maybe Trump with the Cadet stuff, and yes we all already knew that, even those among us who never read the friggin articles anyway.

PS:  He gets automatic 'Brownie Points' with me if you call out @Right_in_Virginia on some BS.

happy77

He said 'learn to read' and that was an insult.  It's an extremely cheap shot to call out @Right_in_Virginia ... everyone does it and she is right more often than she is wrong.

I can't say that for a lot of people here.

Online corbe

I would be the first to admit RiV's and her loyal band of second lieutenants importance here.  Without them I would miss all pro Trump stuff, they force me to at least acknowledge that it's real and it's Bigly.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Another snarky ad hominem attack leveled by @Right_in_Virginia , just like her Dear Leader.

Get over yourself @Night Hides Not  You're perilously close to sounding like a snowflake.

Online Right_in_Virginia

What a dull, small life you must live @corbe   Sad.

Online Right_in_Virginia

He said 'learn to read' and that was an insult.  It's an extremely cheap shot to call out @Right_in_Virginia ... everyone does it and she is right more often than she is wrong.

I can't say that for a lot of people here.

Thank you @Emjay  :beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I would be the first to admit RiV's and her loyal band of second lieutenants importance here.  Without them I would miss all pro Trump stuff, they force me to at least acknowledge that it's real and it's Bigly.

I gotta say @corbe , you've gone from friendly and amusing to just plain mean.  That 'loyal band of second lieutenants' was beyond tacky.

A lot of people agree with RIV without sharing her devotion to Trump.

Online corbe

The night's still young and I have you calling me 'mean' and @Right_in_Virginia telling me I'm a small little man without a life. 
      I will refrain from posting my orange lips, ahhhh, screw it.

@Emjay

Offline MOD8

Get this thread back on track it is worthy of discussion.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
      The night's still young and I have you calling me 'mean' and @Right_in_Virginia telling me I'm a small little man without a life. 
      I will refrain from posting my orange lips, ahhhh, screw it.

@Emjay

Look @corbe  I've always had a soft spot for you and it's still there but getting a little hard lately.

I don't like it because you always jump aboard to support some nasty Never Trumper. 

I don't think you are like them but I think you sometimes want to be like them.

Maybe Sunday dinners are getting a little hard to bear and if you take it out on us instead of your family, I give you points for that.  Never lose friends or family over politics.

Online corbe

I apologize to all whom I have offended in the last 10 years.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
    I apologize to all whom I have offended in the last 10 minutes.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Did you rent out Giant stadium for that?

Seriously, babe, that did not sound sincere.  I wouldn't bother with you if I didn't like you.

Online corbe

Look @corbe  I've always had a soft spot for you and it's still there but getting a little hard lately.

I don't like it because you always jump aboard to support some nasty Never Trumper. 

I don't think you are like them but I think you sometimes want to be like them.

Maybe Sunday dinners are getting a little hard to bear and if you take it out on us instead of your family, I give you points for that.  Never lose friends or family over politics.

Honestly, @Emjay my family doesn't even call me on my birthday anymore, being a 'Nasty Never' and all.

Granted I bring very little intelligent stimulating conversation to this place unless it's a Topic I know or care a lot about.  It's mostly off the wall BS images that pick on the sensitivities of you Trumpers.   I don't have half the problem with my President than I do his followers that can't believe he does ANYTHING wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

And in the spirit of detente,I apologize to all I have offended in the last 10 seconds.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

You wrote the law @Victoria33   What position did you hold and what year was this?
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@INVAR
@BassWrangler

I was the Secretary of the Republican Party of San Jacinto County, Texas
Our State Senator carried the bill through the Texas Senate and House.  It passed unanimously.  I don't think the Democrats read it since it was their party election directors, mainly county clerks at that time, in the counties keeping Republicans out of Central Counting.

TEXAS STATUTES  - ELECTION CODE

Sec. 127.005.  PRESIDING JUDGE OF COUNTING STATION.  (a)  The authority appointing the presiding judges to serve in an election shall appoint a presiding judge of each central counting station operating in the election.
(b)  Except as otherwise provided by this section, the eligibility requirements prescribed by this code for precinct presiding judges apply to a presiding judge of a central counting station.  To be eligible to serve as a judge under this section, a person must be a qualified voter of the political subdivision served by the authority adopting the voting system.  The general custodian of election records and employees of the custodian are eligible to serve as a judge under this section notwithstanding the custodian's status as a candidate or officeholder.
(c)  The presiding judge shall maintain order at the counting station and has the same authority as a precinct presiding judge in that respect and in the administration of oaths.  The presiding judge may confer with and advise the manager or tabulation supervisor on any activity at the counting station.
(d)  The presiding judge is entitled to compensation at the same rate as a precinct presiding judge, except that the counting station judge is entitled to a minimum compensation of five hours' pay regardless of the amount of time worked.
(e)  For an election in which election judges appointed under Section 32.002 serve, the presiding judge and an alternate presiding judge shall be appointed for each central counting station operating in the election in the same manner as a presiding judge and alternate presiding judge under Section 32.002.
(f)  An alternate presiding judge appointed under Subsection (e) serves:
(1)  as presiding judge for the counting station if the regularly appointed presiding judge cannot serve;  or
(2)  in another position established under this subchapter.

Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 967, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.
-------------------------------------------
By Marcella:  Section 32.002, provides for the presiding judge to be of the party whose gubernatorial candidate won the majority of the votes of the county.  The alternate judge is to be of the opposite party.

Before I wrote this law, there was no judge or alternate judge in Central Counting and the county clerk or election administrator could keep the opposing party out of central counting.  We had a Democrat clerk and she kept Republicans out of central counting – only Democrats allowed in Central Counting.  Now, every county in Texas must follow this law that is fair to both parties.

I also, for the State Republican Party, taught Texas Election Law to lawyers, Republican County Chairs, Election Judges/Clerks, in numerous Texas counties.  If one is going to play the election game, one needs to know the rules and the Texas Election Code contains the rules.  I used law to bring about fair central counting rules.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:52:19 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Honestly, @Emjay my family doesn't even call me on my birthday anymore, being a 'Nasty Never' and all.

Granted I bring very little intelligent stimulating conversation to this place unless it's a Topic I know or care a lot about.  It's mostly off the wall BS images that pick on the sensitivities of you Trumpers.   I don't have half the problem with my President than I do his followers that can't believe he does ANYTHING wrong.

Bless your heart, @corbe

Online corbe

Bless your heart, @corbe

Did I detect a hint of sarcasm there, @Emjay?

Offline Night Hides Not

Get over yourself @Night Hides Not  You're perilously close to sounding like a snowflake.

If I sound like a snowflake to you, then you must be deaf as hell.

You're a typical armchair general REMF in the Orange Brigades.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Here's an idea: give that loyal band of second lieutenants a map, and they'll never be heard from again.  :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Right_in_Virginia

If I sound like a snowflake to you, then you must be deaf as hell.

Nope.  My hearing's perfect.  And yes, you're sounding more and more like a snowflake @Night Hides Not