Author Topic: Frank Luntz: GOP facing ‘potential political disaster’ in midterms  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Frank Luntz at a recent political symposium.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Truly. How many times have we seen this? After a point it sounds more like they are trying to depress GOP turnout than chronicling Dem enthusiasm.

Been watching RealClearPolitics, the body of polls are starting to look good for the GOP.

Of course they're trying to depress GOP turnout.  It's all they've got.

Offline libertybele

That and voter fraud; illegals and dead people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

@INVAR

When my husband was the Republican County Chairman, he went to the graveyard and put up a sign, "EARLY VOTING STARTS (AND PUT THE DATE)"

The other thing he did was put a sign out in front of our Republican office that read, "Due to Heavy Turnout Republicans Will Vote on Tuesday; Democrats Will Vote on Wednesday"

The Democrat Chairman thought it was real and went across the street to the courthouse and demanded to know why the date was changed for them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:00:44 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Frank Luntz: GOP facing ‘potential political disaster’ in midterms
By Aris Folley - 08/09/18 09:49 AM EDT

Republican pollster Frank Luntz said the GOP is heading towards a “potential political disaster” in the November midterm elections.

Speaking to The Associated Press, Luntz said that while the president energizes his party’s base, he anticipates Trump’s distractions and rhetoric could deter swing voters in battleground elections in House districts.

“This is political malpractice,” he told the news agency in a report published on Wednesday.

“You can’t find me a time in modern times when the economy was this strong and the governing party was headed toward a potential political disaster like this,” Luntz continued.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/401051-frank-luntz-gop-facing-potential-political-disaster-in-midterms

Lawdy,lawdy! De sky is fallin! De sky is fallin!

The only hope left is to dump Trump from the ticket in order to make the world safe for RINO's and other globalist scum!

Aren't these the same people that scoffed at Trump beating Bubbette! to start with?

Gee,if I didn't know better,I might suspect they have a personal interest in seeing Trump lose. </S>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

When my husband was the Republican County Chairman, he went to the graveyard and put up a sign, "EARLY VOTING STARTS (AND PUT THE DATE)"

It's the Cook County Way.

And don't you dare ask why Democrat and union officials can take the ballot boxes into a closed room without any Republican Judges going in there with them after the polls close.

You'll find that your Republican boss will tell you to be quiet about it - because that 'is how things are done'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

They are more likely to suppress the Dim vote as Dim voters,who aren't known to be very bright to start with,start assuming Trump and his supporters have no chance of winning,so they might as well break the seal on another quart of Colt 45 and fire up the bong instead of doing all that hard getting dressed and going to the polls stuff.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

And don't you dare ask why Democrat and union officials can take the ballot boxes into a closed room without any Republican Judges going in there with them after the polls close. You'll find that your Republican boss will tell you to be quiet about it - because that 'is how things are done'.
@INVAR

That can't happen in Texas because I wrote a law, passed unanimously by the Texas Legislature, that determines who can be in central counting on election night and it details what each person does.  Each party is represented equally.  Before I wrote that law, the Election Administrator, could keep out the opposing party from central counting.  That was happening in our country, the Republicans couldn't go in, so I wrote that law.  When our Democrat county clerk who was in charge of elections, read in the local paper that law had passed, she threw the paper across the room and said every county clerk in Texas hated me.  When I was told that, I said, "I don't care."

Offline libertybele

And don't you dare ask why Democrat and union officials can take the ballot boxes into a closed room without any Republican Judges going in there with them after the polls close.

You'll find that your Republican boss will tell you to be quiet about it - because that 'is how things are done'.

That's why it's important, if one is so inclined to do so to become a precinct captain.  There are rules and then there are 'rules'.  Sad but true in some cases.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That's why it's important, if one is so inclined to do so to become a precinct captain.  There are rules and then there are 'rules'.  Sad but true in some cases.

The dead on voter rolls casting votes is old school.

One year it was learned (okay... rumored because that is all you have when it comes to 'evidence' up there) that an entire elementary school's registered children had voted in an election.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

One year it was learned (okay... rumored because that is all you have when it comes to 'evidence' up there) that an entire elementary school's registered children had voted in an election.

Instances of voter fraud happens throughout the country.  Becoming a precinct captain in your area is helpful as is becoming a poll watcher.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Not disagreeing here, @INVAR

"Registered children"?   What does that mean?

Wouldn't a better description be 'enrolled student body'?   Otherwise, it infers the students actually registered themselves on the voter rolls en masse.  ...which wouldn't surprise me, either.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not disagreeing here, @INVAR

"Registered children"?   What does that mean?

Wouldn't a better description be 'enrolled student body'?   Otherwise, it infers the students actually registered themselves on the voter rolls en masse.  ...which wouldn't surprise me, either.

Up there 'registered' means 'enrolled'.

It also means 'voted'.

So does the word 'Dead' and 'phone book'.  Also means 'voted' - in the past tense.

@INVAR

That can't happen in Texas because I wrote a law, passed unanimously by the Texas Legislature, that determines who can be in central counting on election night and it details what each person does. 

You wrote the law @Victoria33   What position did you hold and what year was this?

Offline Absalom

With all due respect @Victoria33 this is bullshit.  Independents and Reagan Democrats put Donald Trump in the White House --- and they did so knowing exactly who he is.  They are not going to abandon him or his agenda now.  Sorry, you are just plain wrong.
------------------------------------------
So anyone who expresses an opinion you don't like,
is a wrongheaded bullshitter. Hmm...............
As for those who actually knew Trump, one stands out;
Mary Ann McLeod, a Scottish immigrant and domestic
servant, who married Fred Trump and became his mother.
When he was 13 she sent him to military school,
describing him as "incorrigible" in the family biography.
Now he's an aging 72 and apparently little has changed.
Suggest you try a book from time to time!!!

So anyone who expresses an opinion you don't like, is a wrongheaded bullshitter. Hmm...............As for those who actually knew Trump, one stands out;Mary Ann McLeod, a Scottish immigrant and domestic servant, who married Fred Trump and became his mother.When he was 13 she sent him to military school,describing him as "incorrigible" in the family biography.Now he's an aging 72 and apparently little has changed.

Why are you babbling so early in the day @Absalom ??  Effects of medication?  Or maybe you need to stop and eat such lunch   :pondering:

Whatever ... I just hope you figure out why soon.   :beer:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:46:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

Why are you babbling so early in the day @Absalom ??  Effects of medication?  Or maybe you need to stop and eat such lunch   :pondering:

Yeah, that was a bizarre post. Sorta came outta nowhere. Could make some sense if it were motivated by TDS, I suppose.

Offline Night Hides Not

Another snarky ad hominem attack leveled by @Right_in_Virginia , just like her Dear Leader.

"Eat such lunch"? You know, there is a preview tab to edit your writings before hitting the dreaded post button. That's ok, I'll bet Dear Leader doesn't preview his tweets before sending them out.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Yeah, that was a bizarre post. Sorta came outta nowhere. Could make some sense if it were motivated by TDS, I suppose.

I've discovered that I don't suffer from TDS, but I do have a "low-T" count, as in "zero trust in Trump."   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Is that your best Trump-Negative attempt? "Incorrigible?"

The term brings to MY mind, personalities like Gen. George Patton.

Agressive Leaders, risk takers. Winners. Big Idea people. Doers.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

Hey @Absalom you're obviously over the target, hope you have some bomb left.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
    Hey @Absalom you're obviously over the target, hope you have some bomb left.

HTH would you know corbe.  You haven't been near a target much less over it for months!   wink777
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
With all due respect @Victoria33 this is bullshit.  Independents and Reagan Democrats put Donald Trump in the White House --- and they did so knowing exactly who he is.  They are not going to abandon him or his agenda now.  Sorry, you are just plain wrong.

I don't get why anyone would think Trump voters would abandon him.  Every time I read a negative MSM lie about Trump, it just makes me want to support him more.

I actually think more people are for Trump now because he's performed better as President than anyone could have hoped, well, than I could have hoped.  I wasn't even for him until he was elected and then I was so grateful that Hillary was defeated, I liked him for that.

And now I like him for his attitude and the things he has done and tried to do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You expressed an opinion @Absalom   Wow!  Thought you were just ranting.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.