Author Topic: WWII videogame to replace toxic male characters with females  (Read 1235 times)

Offline endicom

WWII videogame to replace toxic male characters with females
« on: August 08, 2018, 09:05:46 pm »
The People's Cube
Chedoh
Aug. 7, 2018

Excerpt:

According to Gabrielson, "Nearly one quarter of the paratroopers on D-Day were self-identified females, and almost as many were transgendered. If a bunch of neck-bearded misogynists can't get over the inclusion of these diverse characters on the battlefield, then we will just have to dispose of all male characters altogether and rid our fan base of toxic gamers."

More... http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/wwii-videogame-replace-toxic-male-characters-females-battlefield-v-t20262.html

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: WWII videogame to replace toxic male characters with females
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:08:31 pm »
Invasion of the Pu$$yhats!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:36:35 pm »

According to Gabrielson, "Nearly one quarter of the paratroopers on D-Day were self-identified females, and almost as many were transgendered. If a bunch of neck-bearded misogynists can't get over the inclusion of these diverse characters on the battlefield, then we will just have to dispose of all male characters altogether and rid our fan base of toxic gamers."

That's one of the most preposterous and preposterously stupid lies I have ever heard.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 09:40:03 pm »
Insidious and nefarious bourgeois capitalist pigs, this is satire!
The Republic is lost.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 09:54:57 pm »

I didn't read the article, but I assumed that a videogame company was actually putting out the announcement as a tongue-in-cheek excuse to produce racier videos. 

My anger flares pretty hot when anyone even jokingly makes such insinuations about our soldiers at D-Day, of all places.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:05 pm »

Exactly.

It's in reference to EA including playable female characters in the upcoming WWII game, Battlefield V, and Gabrielson saying they are "here to stay".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline the_doc

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 12:29:57 am »
Exactly.

It's in reference to EA including playable female characters in the upcoming WWII game, Battlefield V, and Gabrielson saying they are "here to stay".

The female characters in videogames are way too sexy to be believable.  It's part of the success of videogames.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:42 am »
The female characters in videogames are way too sexy to be believable.  It's part of the success of videogames.
If there's going to be female video game characters in an action game, I want to see a few that look like big, beastly roller derby queens that kick backsides and take names. Of course, I'm not much of a gamer myself, and the idea of drooling over a digital drawing kind of creeps me out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline the_doc

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 04:55:33 pm »
If there's going to be female video game characters in an action game, I want to see a few that look like big, beastly roller derby queens that kick backsides and take names. Of course, I'm not much of a gamer myself, and the idea of drooling over a digital drawing kind of creeps me out.

Ditto.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 04:58:36 pm »

What...Lara Croft of Tomb Raider didn't do it for you, unlike so many horny teenagers?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:00:59 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 10:33:09 pm »
If there's going to be female video game characters in an action game, I want to see a few that look like big, beastly roller derby queens that kick backsides and take names.

@jmyrlefuller

Here ya go! Not all that big,but she sure has ugly covered,and her mama can have you murdered.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 10:41:07 pm »
Future generations, weaned on Hollywood history, will relate AC/DC to WWII instead of Glenn Miller.

! No longer available