Author Topic: Tourist in Dubai Fined Over $46,000 for Speeding in Lamborghini Huracan  (Read 853 times)

Offline Suppressed

Tourist in Dubai Fined Over $46,000 for Speeding in Lamborghini Huracan

David Tracy
Yesterday 3:05pm

Photo Credit: Lamborghini

A British tourist rented a Lamborghini Huracan in Dubai on July 30, and was shortly thereafter caught by speeding cameras 33 times driving between 78 mph and 143 mph, UAE news site The National reports. The total cost of the resulting tickets and fees: $46,424.

The 33 tickets all happened within a span of under four hours, with speeds reaching nearly double the limit, the news site reports. The National cites police records, saying the 25-year-old driver was “triggering every radar on his way”—32 on Sheikh Zayed Road and one on Garn Al Sabkha Road. Apparently a number of fines were within minutes of each other and “two occurred within 60 seconds.”

The dealership was notified of the speed violations between 2:31 a.m. and 6:26 a.m. the morning after the driver rented the car, the news site says, and the total sum of fees associated with the violations is $19,057.50 (70,000 UAE Dirham) for the speeding tickets and $27,366.57 (100,520 UAE Dirham) to remove the car from the impound.

[...]

https://jalopnik.com/tourist-in-dubai-fined-over-46-000-for-speeding-in-lam-1828165731
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Tourist in Dubai Fined Over $46,000 for Speeding in Lamborghini Huracan
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:29:57 am »
I can't believe they didn't lock this dude up.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Tourist in Dubai Fined Over $46,000 for Speeding in Lamborghini Huracan
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:06:18 am »
I can't believe they didn't lock this dude up.

Gotta catch him first.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn