Author Topic: China may have to resume U.S. soybean purchases in weeks: Oil World  (Read 810 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Reuters
August 7, 2018 / 9:44 AM / Updated 6 hours ago

[excerpt]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soybeans-us-china/china-may-have-to-resume-u-s-soybean-purchases-in-weeks-oil-world-idUSKBN1KS1GT?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5b69d27600bd470008e6037b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

HAMBURG (Reuters) - China may have to start buying U.S. soybeans again in coming weeks despite the trade war between the two countries as other regions cannot supply enough soybeans to meet China’s needs, Hamburg-based oilseeds analysts Oil World said on Tuesday.

In July, China imposed import tariffs on a list of U.S. goods, including soybeans, as part of the trade dispute with the United States. China is the world’s largest soybean importer and has been seeking alternative supplies, especially in South America, where supplies available for export are down.

“China has to resume purchases of U.S. soybeans,” Oil World said in its latest newsletter. “The South American supply shortage will make it necessary for China, in our opinion, to import 15 million tonnes of U.S. soybeans in October 2018/March 2019, even if the current trade war is not resolved.”

Chinese purchases of U.S. soybeans could re-start “in coming weeks,” Oil World added.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: China may have to resume U.S. soybean purchases in weeks: Oil World
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:05:20 pm »
Stuff that one in your commie holes China. You guys played 'control the food, control the people' game for years. Karma is a beeotch.
The Republic is lost.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:07:42 pm »
Tried to tell em. But I'm the one 'Projecting'.

Tariffs, anyone?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:08:25 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:10:13 pm »
Beans in the teens.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 08:31:24 pm »

Tariffs, anyone?

I think it's been realized that we're on a collision course with China. This approach to their new aggressiveness is preferable to reaching a crisis stage where there are no good alternatives.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:32:30 pm »

I think it's been realized that we're on a collision course with China. This approach to their new aggressiveness is preferable to reaching a crisis stage where there are no good alternatives.

:amen:

What we're in with China at the moment sure beats a shooting war.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 09:54:11 pm »
:amen:

What we're in with China at the moment sure beats a shooting war.
The Chinese will not go to war over soybeans. 

Look for that on some other strategic resource need they have, like oil.  Shades of Tom Clancy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 10:02:32 pm »
The Chinese will not go to war over soybeans. 

Look for that on some other strategic resource need they have, like oil.  Shades of Tom Clancy.

Not over soybeans or oil but territorial sovereignty. They're claiming disputed islands and the world's most trafficked ocean trade route. And trying to bully India, Vietnam and others.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 01:33:39 am »

Not over soybeans or oil but territorial sovereignty. They're claiming disputed islands and the world's most trafficked ocean trade route. And trying to bully India, Vietnam and others.

This is what our consumer dollars buy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army

The PLA is the world's largest military force, with a strength of approximately 2,285,000 personnel, 0.18% of the country's population. It is the fastest modernising military power in the world, with significant defense and rising global power projection capabilities.

A Lot of the money funding the PLA comes from crooked deals Western concerns must surrender themselves into to do business in China.

I want every penny of that money forced into Honest dealings or Taken Off the Table.

Either way would cut off a lot of PLA support.