Author Topic: BOUQUET OF FLOWERS RESULT IN MISTRIAL  (Read 524 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
BOUQUET OF FLOWERS RESULT IN MISTRIAL
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:19:08 pm »
Sentinel Alert 8/1/2018

https://www.sentinelalert.org/

A Trinity man, Laymond Blanton, who was arrested and charged with murder for shooting a biker 'prospect', Jacob Feller, in front of Blanton's home was convicted at trial last Tuesday.  It was the next day at the sentencing phase of the trial that a mistrial was declared by 411th District Judge, Kaycee Jones.  It came to light that one of the jurors' wife purchased and then delivered a boquet of flowers to the brother of the widow of the slain biker to give her after hearing her testimony.

Theresa Sheak, wife of the juror stated in a Fb post that has since been deleted, "It was all my fault this happened.  The juror did not send the flowers, I did.  I am his wife.  He had nothing to do with it."

The case involved an old man who had a verbal confrontation with the bikers.  When two of them turned around and came back to his home and Feller dismounted his motorcycle on the road in front of Blanton's home, he was shot by Blanton and died from his wound.

Testimony from an eye witness that he heard the biker tell the old man, "Shut up old man, you don't know when I am coming back" was not allowed in trial and ruled hearsay by the judge.  It was a statement the eye witness heard with his own ears when it was said.  According to a Trinity County Judge, Doug Page quote on a Trinity County news site, Blanton will be retried.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:31:13 pm by Sanguine »