Author Topic: Melody Gardot  (Read 2323 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Melody Gardot
« on: August 07, 2018, 02:04:43 pm »
Melody Gardot AVO Session 2012 American singer, songwriter, musician, arranger, composer.

She is an amazingly talented, acquired taste. Performing live at Basel Switzerland's Jazz Concert series

She was originally "discovered" from her death bed in hospital with crippling injuries. The combo has an amazing woodwind guy not to be missed.

! No longer available
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Melody Gardot
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 04:28:58 pm »
The first time I heard Melody Gardot sing one of her songs,it was a real revelation to me.

All my life I have considered jazz to be "music" for tone deaf musicians who didn't know how to play any songs,so they put out discordant noises.

Then I heard Melody,and my instant thought was "DAYUM! So THAT is what they were trying to do!"

Still don't like 99 percent of those posers,but I sure like her!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Melody Gardot
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 06:27:17 pm »
The first time I heard Melody Gardot sing one of her songs,it was a real revelation to me.

I first 'found' her nearly ten years ago. She has a very compelling story, horrific accident, brain injury recovery etc.

In that period of time, she has written more music, appeared and recorded more.

I posted that AVO Session because it is full concert length, and displays the range of her music.

One hour fifty one minutes, and her tight combo, entertain and delight. I put on headphones, play it on the big screen. Did I say she isnice to look at, too?   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln