Author Topic: Hastings-on-Hudson officer jumps off overpass to save boy's life in daring rescue  (Read 633 times)

Offline Suppressed

Hastings-on-Hudson officer jumps off overpass to save boy's life in daring rescue
Rochel Leah Goldblatt, Rockland/Westchester Journal News Published 12:34 p.m. ET Aug. 5, 2018 | Updated 1:26 p.m. ET Aug. 6, 2018

Submitted

Hastings-on-Hudson Police Officer Jessie Ferreira Cavallo said she was on her way to work Friday afternoon when she saw a boy running along the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers.

With horror, she said she watched the boy climb up over a guardrail and jump several feet from an overpass onto concrete below.

[...]

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/hastings-on-hudson/2018/08/05/hastings-hudson-officer-saves-boy/910113002/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.