Author Topic: 'I'm scared of America without him': Meghan McCain opens up about her father Sen John McCain's cance  (Read 916 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
DAILYMAIL
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
UPDATED: 04:31 EDT, 4 August 2018

Meghan McCain opens up about her father Sen John McCain's cancer battle and says he needs to be here to fight 'for what we believe in'

• Meghan McCain, a co-host on The View, told Glamour magazine that she's 'scared of America without him' as she opened up about his cancer battle
  • The 33-year-old talk show host told the magazine that he needs to be here to 'fight for that what we believe in'
  • Sen John McCain was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare and often terminal form of brain cancer last year and has been receiving treatment at his home
  • McCain also revealed that doctors have told her family they need to use this time to tell her father what they want him to know
(more)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6025595/Im-scared-America-without-Meghan-McCain-opens-fathers-cancer-battle.html

I get that she is his daughter...but...come on. The only thing this guy is 'fighting for' at this point is to stay alive for another day. She needs to accept the fact that his time has passed. If McCain was any kind of 'man', if he was a true patriot, he would have resigned months ago. As it is now, his incredibly selfish behavior is depriving the people of Arizona representation in the Senate, and he is depriving the entire nation of a Republican seat in Congress. All for his own selfish stubborn ego.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:59:14 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

I'm not sure McCain has contributed much to America during his time in Congress.  While I have empathy for the grief that Meghan and family will have upon his passing, I can't help but hope that America will have a chance to be better without him in the Senate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm not sure McCain has contributed much to America during his time in Congress.  While I have empathy for the grief that Meghan and family will have upon his passing, I can't help but hope that America will have a chance to be better without him in the Senate.

She's got a helluva lot of memories between her ears.

Imagine!  Growing up with him as your father? 

My heart goes out to her.

...but you're right, @mountaineer
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I for one will be glad when this McCain traveling death show finishes..  They've milked this in epic proportions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well Megan, there are a great many who are scared for America with him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Blizzardnh

:seeya: I Agree.

Online libertybele

888high58888   :amen:  While I understand he's her father and she loves him and will miss him when he's gone, there are quite a few of us who will definitely not miss him or mourn him, but will celebrate that there will now be a chance that he will be replaced with a conservative!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The nation has been just fine in his long absence.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
888high58888   :amen:  While I understand he's her father and she loves him and will miss him when he's gone, there are quite a few of us who will definitely not miss him or mourn him, but will celebrate that there will now be a chance that he will be replaced with a conservative!

I'm not gonna jump on a woman's delusions about her dying father, but maybe she shouldn't go public with them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

I'm not gonna jump on a woman's delusions about her dying father, but maybe she shouldn't go public with them.

Well, I for one think that it goes beyond delusional.  What she is implying is her father is the only one who is keeping this country in tact.  I see it as quite the opposite; he's wreaked havoc on conservative principles and just maybe there is a chance of someone taking his seat that could actually help the GOP Senate vote rather than stifle it.

I'm not looking forward to all the hoopla (and you know there will be) surrounding this man once he passes. The lies and b.s. will be overflowing.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
McCain was and is a warmongering petulant narcissist. His passing can only be good for America and the world.
My condolences to his family, but reality is reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, I for one think that it goes beyond delusional.  What she is implying is her father is the only one who is keeping this country in tact.  I see it as quite the opposite; he's wreaked havoc on conservative principles and just maybe there is a chance of someone taking his seat that could actually help the GOP Senate vote rather than stifle it.

I'm not looking forward to all the hoopla (and you know there will be) surrounding this man once he passes. The lies and b.s. will be overflowing.

I know, and it will be sickening.  But still not faulting Meghan.  She may believe it.  He's her daddy.  Maybe he was a good father.  Nobody will ever know. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

"he needs to be here to 'fight for what we believe in'"

Who is "we?"  Unfortunately, it seems what he believes in and what I believe in are not the same and never have been. 

I still respect him for his service in Vietnam and his years as a POW, but his service in the senate was damaging to this country.  Liberalism usually is.  Why the heck he never switched parties, I'll never know.   Alas, nowadays , it doesn't matter which party he belongs to.  They are becoming more and more the same.  Liberals like him have a lot to do with that sad reality. 

Really wish the daughter would stop these gushy updates.  They come off as phony.  The man is dying.  I doubt he's fighting for anything now. IMHO, she should just enjoy her time with him. We don't need the endless propaganda about what a great, courageous guy he is. 

Online libertybele

"he needs to be here to 'fight for what we believe in'"

Who is "we?"  Unfortunately, it seems what he believes in and what I believe in are not the same and never have been. 

I still respect him for his service in Vietnam and his years as a POW, but his service in the senate was damaging to this country.  Liberalism usually is.  Why the heck he never switched parties, I'll never know.   Alas, nowadays , it doesn't matter which party he belongs to.  They are becoming more and more the same.  Liberals like him have a lot to do with that sad reality. 

Really wish the daughter would stop these gushy updates.  They come off as phony.  The man is dying.  I doubt he's fighting for anything now. IMHO, she should just enjoy her time with him. We don't need the endless propaganda about what a great, courageous guy he is.

It is difficult to sit and watch a loved one die little by little each day.  With the McCain's being in the spotlight for so many years perhaps she feels an obligation to the public to periodically report on her Dad.  Quite frankly, I could do without the drama.